How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Now down to only ONE!

Sunroof- New Problem?

My sunroof has worked perfectly for a long time since I cleaned and lubed it per everyone's instructions... until now.

I only drive the SVX on nice days, so I usually leave the sunroof raised half way when I park at home and cover the car. This seems to help the interior smell fresh, not stale, if it sits a while between uses.

This week the roof refuses to slide open. It raises and lowers fine, but will not slide to the rear at all, even with me trying to push it.

I tried the hand crank and the roof will not budge- EITHER open OR closed! The long factory allen wrench will flex and bend but the roof will not move; yet it raises and lowers normally via the switch. It just won't slide open.

I searched all the "sunroof" titled threads to no avail.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Christian
96 SVX Lsi #821, Bordeaux Pearl, 4.44 98 Legacy Trans, Trans Resistor Mod, Dakota Digital Trans Temp Gauge on A-Pillar Pod (awesome), B&M Trans Cooler in Driver's Wheel Well, External Spin-on Trans Filter, Synthetic Fluids in Trans and Diffs, 17x7.5 Primax 695 Rims, Alcyone Rear Panel, Svxfiles' 5000 k HIDs, Clear Headlights, "BOXER6" License Plate, Hard Wired Radar Detector, 94 Power Up Window Switch, Motor Resealed, new Coil Packs, new NGK Iridium Plugs, PVC Valve, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers and Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, SS Brake Lines, Superb TomsSVX Cat Back Exhaust... SS Resonator, Flowmaster 80 Muffler, Magnaflow Quad SS Tips, Poly Swaybar Bushings, Endlink Mod, Rear Subframe Bushing Mod. Feels great and sounds even better. Thanks to AWD, LLC.

2003 Outback llb H6 3.0 Titanium Pearl- "BOXERR" Mostly Stock

1995 Bmw 325i Conv. Calypso Red- "RBOXER" Modest Mods

2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec 15' Jet Boat, 1494cc, 1454#, 155 HP= <10#/HP Stock
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 PM

Re: Sunroof- New Problem?

Sorry to semi-hijack, but ....so the sunroof tilts and slides, i only get mine to tilt up, how does it slide? Do they all?
Cheers
C
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Now down to only ONE!

Post Re: Sunroof- New Problem?

Hi C-

Yes, if it is a factory sunroof, they all slide.

Push and hold the rear switch once to raise it. Push and hold again to slide it open (it is then above the fixed portion of the roof). To close, push and hold the front button- it stops half way forward as a safety measure. Then release and push and hold again to move full forward and close down.

Try this and see if yours will slide. If not, we may both be suffering the same problem.

Christian
96 SVX Lsi #821, Bordeaux Pearl, 4.44 98 Legacy Trans, Trans Resistor Mod, Dakota Digital Trans Temp Gauge on A-Pillar Pod (awesome), B&M Trans Cooler in Driver's Wheel Well, External Spin-on Trans Filter, Synthetic Fluids in Trans and Diffs, 17x7.5 Primax 695 Rims, Alcyone Rear Panel, Svxfiles' 5000 k HIDs, Clear Headlights, "BOXER6" License Plate, Hard Wired Radar Detector, 94 Power Up Window Switch, Motor Resealed, new Coil Packs, new NGK Iridium Plugs, PVC Valve, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers and Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, SS Brake Lines, Superb TomsSVX Cat Back Exhaust... SS Resonator, Flowmaster 80 Muffler, Magnaflow Quad SS Tips, Poly Swaybar Bushings, Endlink Mod, Rear Subframe Bushing Mod. Feels great and sounds even better. Thanks to AWD, LLC.

2003 Outback llb H6 3.0 Titanium Pearl- "BOXERR" Mostly Stock

1995 Bmw 325i Conv. Calypso Red- "RBOXER" Modest Mods

2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec 15' Jet Boat, 1494cc, 1454#, 155 HP= <10#/HP Stock
Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Thanks i will check tonight and sorry to get off topic, but i think we both have the same tranny, what’s the resistor mod? Does it replace the big gray blob with what looks like an adjustable lever with 1 connector which is currently zip tied down?
I will take a picture if my description is vague
Clive
Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM

This attached image is of the strange part. I would like to identify its use? It’s the half moon gray part in the center of the pic.
Cheers
C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_187.jpg (17.2 KB, 95 views)
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Any idea on the image?
C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_187.jpg (17.2 KB, 81 views)