Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2002, 10:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to andivic Send a message via AIM to andivic Send a message via Yahoo to andivic
I thought rice is something you spend on the car just for physical appearance, but they are not actually making the car go faster !!!eg....5" exhaust, 18" rim, those typeR wing (wanna be)
Old 04-01-2002, 01:55 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by andivic
I thought rice is something you spend on the car just for physical appearance, but they are not actually making the car go faster !!!eg....5" exhaust, 18" rim, those typeR wing (wanna be)
So that means we have rice here then, since some people have aftermarket rims? Personally, I consider rice to be anything that someone gets to create the image of performance without providing true performance... It's more of a mindstate than anything... If someone gets a wing because they want it for looks, I don't consider it ricey.. but if someone gets the same wing because they think it adds more downforce... I'll laugh at them and call them rice, especially if it's a FWD car.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
WHAT IS RICE?

go to www.ricecop.com I think they say it well. Otherwise, look at my locker for riceticket. That is my opinion of rice.

Lwin
Garsh! Somma' them folks sherr talk dirty. I had to cover my eyes!
Rice - not nice!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:29 PM

I'm selling my SVX and buying a Geo Metro. I'll put on a few type R and VTECH stickers and blow everything off the road.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:48 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Garsh! Somma' them folks sherr talk dirty. I had to cover my eyes!
Rice - not nice!

Ron.
Gud gramr to i not gone postoo that siet. I hava repretashm too uppolt!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-02-2002, 12:13 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
I'm selling my SVX and buying a Geo Metro. I'll put on a few type R and VTECH stickers and blow everything off the road.
The more V-Tech and Type R or SiR or what ever you can put on, the more hp you will get. Heck, you might even have enough power to take off to the moon.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:56 AM

Or travel back in time!!! I'm getting excited just thinking of the posibilities
Old 04-02-2002, 06:15 AM
EverclearAtMSU

I dont really think aftermarket is the key to being rice. Rice is more a blend of stupidity, overdoing it, & seeing the fast and the furrious one too many times.

Rims do not make a car rice, but the idea that your rims will make your car faster, while putting stickers all over your car that say enki will.

That is just my oppinion on it. I got mad at ricecop for their what is rice page, because they were saying driving around w/ the bass up and the windows down is rice, also saying that driving w/ your fog lights on in the middle of the day is rice. That is there oppinion and they are intitled to it. Personally I always drive around w/ the bass up, and if it's nice I put down my windows, and I drive with my foglights on in the day because it's safer. I agreed with pretty much everything on there, but again, it's you opinion
Old 04-02-2002, 08:23 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Do I detect dissenting opinions here?

It looks like we have a "It's not stupid if I wanna do it, but what they wanna do is really stupid" thread here.

Actually, big wheels and low-profile tires usually do make a car faster, at least in the turns. More rubber, less flex, and all that. In fact, if you could only do one handling mod to your car, and wanted to get the most noticeable results, that's the one you'd pick. Back when I was autocrossing, SCCA allowed sway bar modifications in stock class, but not changes in wheel size.

Personally, I would much rather be annoyed (?) by a guy going by with a 'braaat, braaat' pipe, a bunch of stickers, and a big wing, than a guy with a subwoofer at 130 db, churning out crude rap for grandma's entertainment.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-02-2002, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
I dont really think aftermarket is the key to being rice. Rice is more a blend of stupidity, overdoing it, & seeing the fast and the furrious one too many times.

Rims do not make a car rice, but the idea that your rims will make your car faster, while putting stickers all over your car that say enki will.

That is just my oppinion on it. I got mad at ricecop for their what is rice page, because they were saying driving around w/ the bass up and the windows down is rice, also saying that driving w/ your fog lights on in the middle of the day is rice. That is there oppinion and they are intitled to it. Personally I always drive around w/ the bass up, and if it's nice I put down my windows, and I drive with my foglights on in the day because it's safer. I agreed with pretty much everything on there, but again, it's you opinion
I too have to agree with your points there. Rims are not rice if done well. If you put 18s in the original 14s could be cutting it close to in my case but if it looks nice, it's not rice. On the other hand, putting a ton of flowmaster stickers or Japanese/chinese stickers all over the car would be considered rice. I do not want to see flowmaster ads unless I am watching someone racing around an oval track.

Bass up and fog on, I do that all the time. I think bass up in their defination means a ton of bass comming out a a car and sounding like one of those getto cars. You know what I mean. As for the fogs, Ricers are known to have 20 million fog/driveing lights at the front. The stock fog is not considered rice at all in my book

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 04-03-2002, 01:29 PM

I hate to kick up this thread again. I saw this and this fits my description of rice. The damn thing is a FWD accord with a huge ass wing and has type R badge which does not belong on that car with that trim (EX). Also the sad thing is it has a dealer plate so someone must have been test driving it.

Lwin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aut_0094.jpg (187.8 KB, 165 views)
Old 04-03-2002, 01:37 PM
Boone

...another caught by the RICE-CAM.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:46 PM

There's quite a bit here. http://www.biancamarcel.com/monstrosities.htm

Some junk, some obviously overdone as a joke, some not so bad, and some true, real-life ricers.

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 04-08-2002, 07:49 PM
greg

There is one obvious point here that was originally posted but missed! The comparison between the Japanese car and the German car. I am aware the comparison consisted of a Porsche, but the Porsche could be a '89 944... There are endless posibilites that could be done to that car to maybe add performance but, as we all know, is NOT for the performance factor but for the "looks" Now to call a japanese car "rice" I completely understand, the point missed here is that just because it is German it is not eligable for "ricedom"

Point: German= Kraut
If the German automobile has been overdone (Jettas) it would be considered Kraut!

Just my thought on the issue... besides why must we be prejudice? Can't american cars be Cheese? I am not even going to kinsider the posibilities of those Korean cars
-G
Old 04-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Just my thought on the issue... besides why must we be prejudice? Can't american cars be Cheese? I am not even going to kinsider the posibilities of those Korean cars
-G [/B][/QUOTE]

A Hyundai Tiberon with triple decker wing & racing stripes.....

Dogged!

Couldn't resist again,
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.