Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Product and Service Reviews > Exterior Car Care Products

Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

The paint on my other car is pristine while the SVX paint is not fairing so well. I do no think I will use the black magic wax on the SVX's sun damaged paint. I like to use the colored turtle wax on the laguna blue. I find it restores some of the luster to the dull paint (if only for a little while). I wish I had another spot in the gargage.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I was reading this thread, and was about to go wax the Mercedes, when I thought.. Hmm maybe Ill try this stuff out (Ive had this bottle of it unopened for like a year)

So Im applying it with a rotary buffer using the appropriate pad ( I had to change pads about 10 times) This was was like putting baby oil on my car. It had the consistency and oilyness of it at least.

It was horrid! It was getting everywhere but on the right car, and it took three passes on the car to get the wax off. I eventually got the car to look decent, but this wax smears and smudges still, if you put a hand on the car. My recommendation is to stay away from it if possible.

For a similar price and a lot less time, Meguiars NXT works excellent (just did the 94 Pearl and Mike's Z24) or for a steeper price but a pro shine you can go with Zymol.

I would also like to note that anyone who is intending on waxing their car should make sure its absolutely clean and use a clay bar kit (like Mother's Gold) to remove any grit/sap/ general junk on the paint.

Mothers Back 2 Black also works well if you get some wax on the lower window trim.

Just my $.02
Old 07-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Team ROUND 1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1320boy
i dont have a buffer.
can someone sugest a product or wax or anything that can take care of oxidation??? My car is red. and you all who have red anything knows just how that particular color loves to soak up those rays.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:07 AM

Colored wax

1320 I have used colored wax(made by turtle wax I believe) on my fire engine red dually with great success. It even hid the spider cracks in the fiberglass fenders from rocks hitting underneath. I had good success with it. Another wax I have had good results with is the teflon wax from dupont, it goes on and off very smoothly. Steve
Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
My dad has a bought a red 1991 Toyota MR2 that was in really good shape, but the paint was very oxidized. Just about everyone that saw it tried to tell him that it was to far gone and needed a paint job. So after about 8 months of him driving it like that and getting price quotes from detail shops for around $250-$300 with no garentee they could get it to look good. He finally talked me into seeing what I could do. So I went to auto parts store and looked at a lot of products. I came across Meguiars 3-step deep crystal system. Step one is paint cleaner, step two is polish, step three is Carnauba wax. I have always liked Meguiars so I decided to go with it. I believe it was around $25 for all three. I also picked up an orbital buffer with a large assortment of buffing and polishing pads. This stuff is amazing! Even after just applying step 1 there was a huge difference in the cars paint. By the time I finished step 3 the paint looks practically new. It took awhile to do, but my dad and I were both very pleased. People have actually started commenting on how nice his car looks. I can't wait to do my SVX. My paint isn't even oxidized so it should look really good. I highly recommend this stuff.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
I would like to add something to the list.

Have you ever seen moisture on your car when you wake you wake up in the morning and its kinda cool? You know, the condensation that builds up during the night on your paint and windows.

Anyways, from what I have used to get it to go away is Meguliar's Mirror Glaze. Just use it on the car after you wax it and the moisture build up on cold mornings should go away. Not just that, if your car paint is kinda new it will make shinny too.

1995 SVX L - Emerald Green
1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:17 PM

I'll tell ya what works AWESOME. Mothers Back to Black!

I was skeptical till today. Used it on 5 scratches lined up (they used some sort of tool to key my car i guess) which was right next to a small patch of oxidation. I rubbed it on and it all just.... disappeared into black! (my svx is black). I buffed it off and it stayed that way !!!! looked like brand new but you can still see the scratches but it covered it all up NICE. (of course you can still see the scratches until u fill it up physically, but it masked it black! you cant tell unless you bend down and see the grooves of the scratches)

YOU NEED TO GET THIS!!!

edit: sorry just realized you guys were talking about actual waxes. this is more of an area treatment, it takes muscle to buff out (unless you have an electrical buffer).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: