How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-20-2002, 06:09 PM
srmifer

Wish me luck....

Tomorrow morning I begin to fight the war for the life of my SVX. Basically, my engine "just happening" to have a catastrophic bearing failure while at Firestone has nothing to do with the shop. Especially since when I brought the car in it was silent...and I never drove it while it was at the shop. The car has had all its routine maintainence--oil changes, service, etc. The mechanic whose shop I had the car brought to after it ceased to work, agreed with me. He said it was just a tad bit "suspicious." Anyways, I'm arming up for the ensuing battle tomorrow, so wish me luck. I'm hoping that they'll just decide to cave b/c a lawsuit isn't worth the trouble. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed...sorry about the repetitiveness of this issue. Just trying to talk myself up Hey, any of you have any experience with in-dash DVD players for your cars?? I'm thinking when I get my baby back, she'll need a treat...along with some new speakers
Old 03-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Andrew

Do yourself a favor and buy a small tape recorder for the meeting. Before ANY discussion starts, begin recording. Don't stop recording until you both have agreed on a resolution to your problem. When the meeting starts make sure you state the names and titles of everyone in attendance. You should have a Firestone regional manager or the franschise owner at the meeting. The shop manager probably does not have the capability to authorize an engine rebuild.

Good luck
Old 03-20-2002, 08:21 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Wish me luck....

Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer
Hey, any of you have any experience with in-dash DVD players for your cars
good luck tomorow

if you want to know something, feel free to ask depending on what you want, there are different brands you'll want to steer towards, and others you'll want to stay away from. I like the pannisonic ones, personally, however they lack the navigation. alpine has the navigation down, the controlls are a lil on the crazy side. try a shop that does a lot of custom installs, they'll be able to give you all you need to know