Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Thts really a shame..... glad u r OK after all this. I stiil didnt understand wht those lexus and bmw owners think of their cars . These days I'm comin accross these owners more often in IS400 or wht ever crap doin this kind of crappy things on freeways on the top of tht, these days the weather in NorCal is bad with heavy rains and hails. Also the HIDs of these lexus r literally very uncomfortable for the cars infront of them.
Recently i came accross a neon SRT doin atleast 120mph+ on a freeway and i was luckily escaped a collison with it when i am tryin to change the lane for which i thanked god at tht time and it came like a flash followed by a STi doin the same. Imagine tht situation, its a 4 lane freeway and i am in 3rd lane, sti in 1st lane and neon in 4th lane. I didnt understand how they could find such a free strip on a busy I880. Stupid kids.....

-Pavan.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Sorry to see your baby in a mangled mess. Glad you're okay and still with us!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
it's good to know that you got out ok.

in the end, it's just a car.

you can buy another one. but your life .....different story
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 03-12-2006, 10:48 PM

Your Ok And You Got The Prick's License...

so all you can do now is make the best of a bad situation. I'd look into sueing the Lexus driving prick in small claims. In Calif you can sue for as much as $5000 in small claims.
I know you're pissed...hell, we're collectively pissed for you, but, count your blessings. All you've got to deal with is recovering an economic loss. Now for the words you don't want to hear but know are true, "It coulda been worse!"
Think of the thousands a trip to the emergency room would have cost, not to mention the pain and expense of serious physical injury...all of which would come out of your pocket or force you into bankruptcy. My medical bills from my car accident in '84 cost $100,000. Your Safety Vehicle eXerimental did it's job and saved your butt. I'm sure you're grateful for that,
we are.

Hang tough, you'll find a better SVX. Let us know if you can sue Lexus boy's insurance.
Glad your still with us,
WGJ
Old 03-13-2006, 12:16 AM

Yup...all that matters is that you made it through in one piece. Side collisions are no joke. Best of luck finding another SVX to fit your needs..and ill keep an eye out also.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:13 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
i feel your pain... can i have first dibs on your lower radiator support and bumper? mine more or less was ontop of the rail not so much on the side
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Dave that sucks! Another CO SVX is no more..

I'll keep my eye out on deals for you.

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 03-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Thanks for all the kind words. I've decided to sell the car as a whole to a buyer, rather than part it out. So unfortunately, I won't be able to entertain any requests for parts.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Dave! I'm so sorry! Your car was so nice. Is it truly beyond repair? Frame damage for sure? Can't tell completely from the pics, but maybe so.
I'm always so afraid that my car is going to be damaged by someone else's poor driving or misfortune other than my own.
I'm very glad that you are okay though, that's the most important part.

On another note, do you still see Tom? Would you tell him I said hi and to call or email me? Haven't heard from him in ages.... Thanks!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
a learning experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieGravy
Well unfortunately, my SVX is no more. Wednesday night coming back from work, the roads were snow packed. I was driving very cautiously in the fast lane, leaving about 12 seconds of stopping distance between myself and the car in front of me, staying off the brakes and driving at a slow speed. However, there was this d!ck head in a Lexus sedan in the middle lane driving recklessly. He was tail gating people, lane hopping and driving too fast. What ended up happening was he skidded sideways into my lane. In order to avoid ramming into him, I had to slam on my brakes. My anti locks have never functioned correctly. The front wheels would always keep going while the back ones would lock up. A recipe for disaster. After hitting my brakes hard, my car skidded sideways and I was unable to regain control. I slid sideways into the corner of a guard rail at an off ramp, driver's side first. Here is the aftermath.

It's a damn shame because my SVX was in such great condition and these things are few and far between these days. I had been maintaining it very well and I never planned on selling it. Fortunately, my drive train is still good, so I might have it swapped into another svx with a bad engine/tranny, etc. If anyone knows of a cheap SVX in Colorado with mechanical issues, but in good cosmetic shape, please let me know. Oh, and I have liability insurance only.

Thanks.
Always try to get a 'little piece' of the offending drivers car BEFORE you impact anything else!! That way you can PROOVE that they caused the accident!! Anything else is considered "failure to maintain control"
Sorry for your loss!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
SVX Owner

Registered SVX
Quote:
Just wanted to clarify that I'm perfectly fine, other than a few minor cuts on my hands. Yeah, unfortuatnely I never collided with the lexus, so this is going to be out of pocket. He did stop, but later took off. I got his license plate number.

I figured with the miles I had on it 150+k and the age of the car, it wasn't worth having comprehensive insurance. I doubt they'd have rewarded much more than a couple of grand anyway.
Actually, I agree with you carrying only liability but for different reason. With liability only, any damage I cause to someone else will be covered by my insurance. Damage to my property is my responsibility. The insurance cannot total my car. I decide if the car is totaled or not, so no problems with a salvage title if I decide to repair what the insurance company would call a totaled car.

Unfortune, but the damage to your car looks unrepairable.

You don't have to have contact with the other car to show it was his fault, but it is much easier to prove fault that way. I would still go after his insurance to pay your costs.

Good luck on you search for a replacement.
'99 Outback SUS, 2.5L, Winestone (Burgundy/Gray) [Daughter Killed it]
'02 Outback SUS VDC, 3.0L, Green/Gray [Spouse's; Died at 500,000+]
'18 Legacy w/eyesight, Blue [Spouse's]
'94 Subaru Sambar KS-4, White [Farm UTV]
'94 Ford Ranger Extended Cab, Tomato Red
Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
Dave! I'm so sorry! Your car was so nice. Is it truly beyond repair? Frame damage for sure? Can't tell completely from the pics, but maybe so.
I'm always so afraid that my car is going to be damaged by someone else's poor driving or misfortune other than my own.
I'm very glad that you are okay though, that's the most important part.

On another note, do you still see Tom? Would you tell him I said hi and to call or email me? Haven't heard from him in ages.... Thanks!
Hi Michelle, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I believe it's damaged beyond repair. I drove it shortly after the accident to a local shop and it was pretty screwed up. Plus I noticed the hood was crooked so I'm sure the frame is bent.

I still see Tom from time to time and he says hi. I'll let him know to contact you!

Also, thanks to everyone else for their advice! In this case, I don't think there was much I could have done considering nobody else saw the incident except me.

Dave
Old 03-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Hi Michelle, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I believe it's damaged beyond repair. I drove it shortly after the accident to a local shop and it was pretty screwed up. Plus I noticed the hood was crooked so I'm sure the frame is bent.

I still see Tom from time to time and he says hi. I'll let him know to contact you!

Also, thanks to everyone else for their advice! In this case, I don't think there was much I could have done considering nobody else saw the incident except me.

Dave

i'm sorryfor your loss david, but i'm glad you're ok. that lexus driver should burn in hell with me.

i hear shelfy's got a nice svx...maybe not for sale...unless the right offer comes along
Old 03-15-2006, 07:46 AM

That would be extremly hard to prove but it would be worth it if he had a bad driving record...and you didn't.
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 03-15-2006, 12:16 PM

Small Claims?

Dave,
Small claims court may be a possibility. Please PM me:
Small claims court limits.
I have a strategy in mind that has worked well for me, but I need mo' info to see if it might work for you.
Thanks,
WGJ