Very, extremely, sign me up!! 14 20.00%
Maybe, depending on what it would cost 48 68.57%
not really but I may think about it 2 2.86%
STFU!! I wanna keep my slushbox 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
HAHAHA wow I cannot believe I posted last night. It was like 6am and I was just getting home from a buddies house playing poker. Damn that is pretty funny!!!

Tom
Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Maniac modifier

OK. got an update for those that care. I should have a pedal assembly in the mail. This means that I can test out my new pedal Jig I whipped up today I am hoping to get to the X-member Jig next weekend as I did not have time this week. That means all thats left is shift linkage. So, anyone got a set of shift linkage for me?? I wanna test out this kit and see if it all works well. All is looking well for this kit so if you have some of the parts I need, please do me a favor and contact me so I can get moving a little more

Tom
Old 02-27-2006, 08:18 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Whats the latest update? Do you still need anything? I got think i got everything i need. The guy even sent me the brake booster from an 04 wrx too would you reccomend using that?

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Maniac modifier

The booster, yes. The master, no. Send me your pedal assembly and shift linkage, also need the SVX X-member and torque bar as I haven't recieved any yet

Tom
Old 03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Maniac modifier

Bump to make sure people are still interested. Also asking for people looking for this kit to send their parts to be modified

Tom
Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Parts?

Tom,
Are you still looking for any spare parts to modify or make jigs? I currently have access to three SVXs that are off the road as well as parts from a cable clutched '95 Legacy. I have a friend who is in the process of gathering up parts for a 5mt swap in an SVX and I've already done one myself. I may be interested in one or maybe two of your custom cross members. I don't think I'll be needing any other bits or pieces though. Let me know if there are any pieces you need.

Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 03-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Maniac modifier

Right now I am looking for the following.

SVX Brake pedal box
SVX Gas pedal
SVX Auto X-member
SVX Torque bar
WRX/Imprezza Hydroulic pedal box
5 speed shift linkage
6 speed shift linkage
SVX Brake booster

I need these things, because they all need to be modified. I can give you a price on them once I start making kits. Gotta pay the overhead someway so right now I am working on getting the Jigs done(this week). I am also going to be taking pictures and adding them to Huck's writeup, so it is a little more clear what needs to happen. Let me know what you have for me and we will go from there

Tom
Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
what I have

Tom,
Here's what I have or think I have from that list.
SVX Brake pedal box
SVX Gas pedal
SVX Auto X-member
SVX Torque bar
5 speed shift linkage
SVX Brake booster

I may even have a couple of one or two of them. How would this work? If I send them to you would I be getting them back? If so, what condition would they be in when I got them? That would determine which I'd be able to send you.

Let me know,
Jay

previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
Old 03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Maniac modifier

If you send them to me, you will not get the Brake pedal back. The X-member and torque bar will be one unit (5mt X-member) Booster will be cut and died. SHift linkage would be lengthened 21/8". Gas pedal would be modified to work along with the hydroulic pedal box. If these are just spare parts u have and ur not looking for a 5mt kit, then I would buy them from you. But like I said, I don't have too much to cover overhead right now so I am looking to get these parts from people interested in the kits

Tom
Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Still a member

good explanation

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I believe I have at least one spare SVX booster and brake pedal box that I could give you. I wouldn't need those back anyway. I'm not looking for any money for them either. Maybe you could just credit me some towards a 5mt X-member. When I did my 5mt swap I used a cable clutch so I don't think I have any SVX gas pedals that I wouldn't need back intact, I may have one though. Let me go to my storage unit, which is also where my stored black SVX is, tomorrow and I'll kinda inventory the parts I have. I'm not sure exactly what your plans are with the various parts so I don't know if more than one of everything would even be useful.

In thinking about it I know I have a self-modified auto x-member in the green SVX, the maroon one is intact and not really ready to come apart yet, but the one from the black one is probably already out of the car and could be shipped to you for modification. Same thing kinda goes for the "performance/torque bar" that would form the front of your custom x-member. Before I ship the auto x-member bits and 5mt linkage out to you I'd like to know about what I'm looking at for a cost on the custom 5mt x-member and the lengthening of the linkage. The other stuff I'd be sending doesn't matter too much because it's all spare stuff.

thanks again,
Jay

Old 03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Maniac modifier

So basically all you would really want is the x-member and the shift linkage?? Like I said. I need to get the jig's completed after that I will do some # crunching and let you know what kind of prices I am looking at for the parts. I can also try and figure in all of the parts that I will credit you for. Check my locker under 5 speed kit parts if you want to see what the X-member looks like. I had also added pictures of the pedal assembly and brake booster yesterday.

Tom
Old 03-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Still a member

update

Yeah, basically all I think I need is a crossmember or two. I'm able to get everything else accomplished myself. I did the crossmember for the conversion on my green SVX and I welded tabs to the subframe and used a modified legacy front mount to accomplish it. It didn't come out very professional looking or fitting so I'm thinking about getting a pre-made one for when I swap everything over to my black SVX. My friend Ron is buying my maroon SVX from me and he plans to convert it to 5mt as well (with my help). So, he'll probably want a crossmember for that one sometime fairly soon.

I looked in storage today and here's what I found. I should be able to gather up a spare auto x-member, performance rod, SVX booster, and SVX pedal box. The last two I need to pull out of the black SVX. Do you need the pedals, linkage and booster to make jigs from or were those needed simply to modify and return to me? I understand that the crossmembers and probably the linkage would probably be needed to make a jig for future mods. What I'm getting at is that I don't mind helping you out with the initial setup of the jigs and such and as I said before the booster and pedals are just spare parts to me. I just don't have much money to spend on this either so I can't justify paying someone to mod the linkage and pedals if I know I can do it myself. No offence to you of course, I'm sure you do great work. It just comes down to cash.

Jay

Old 03-08-2006, 04:05 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Ebay x member

Tom whenver you finish your production model x-member put it on ebay and see what it goes for. maybe then you will know what to charge based on real time demand.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Maniac modifier

Sorry I have not been very active lately, I am very busy.

It is not that I am not sure what the X-members are worth to people who want them, it is that I am still not sure on how much time it will take to make them. When I know this, I will be able to set a price that will be economical for me. It is looking like they will be $100 for the X-member. That is after a $75 core charge for the Stock X-member and torque bar. So you are looking at about $175-$75core so $100 overall for those unfamiliar with core charges. This is just X-member alone, the rest is still under review

Tom
Old 03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
Any ideas yet on a total cost?