Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 08:31 PM
"high" in Colorado

Thumbs up SVX find of the year??

Hello everyone! Yesterday (Sunday) just for grins, I was skimming the Suby classifieds in The Denver Post expecting to see the usual 1 or 2 SVX ads fo 6 to 10k....
There was one for a 92 SVX LSL $3900; I called the number and talked to the owner asked all the usual questions and decided to go take a look, not really expecting much even though the guy said it was high miles (150k), well maintained and in great shape....
It was just as he said! Pearl white, new Yokahomas, recent brakes and rotors, near new battery etc, etc...
I offered $3700 and he took it!
What a great car! It is everything I thought a SVX would be and then some!
Not only got a great deal on a GREAT car, but found this outstanding web site! I feel like I'm batting a thousand!

I have three other Subarus (91 Legacy L wagon, 90 Loyale wagon, and a 85 BRAT), love em' all but the SVX is king!

I am looking foward to participating on this board, and learning all I can about my "new" Suby....

What do you guys think? $3700 for a SVX.....I think I got the deal of the year!

Thanks for a great web site!
Old 02-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Green1995SVX

That is, indeed, a great deal if the car is mechanically sound. and from what you say, it sounds like it is. I wish you many years of trouble free SVXing, and let me be the first to welcome you to the SVX World Network.

-Mike
Old 02-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Welcome to the group and congrats on your purchase. I used to live over the hill from you in Evergreen. There's a few members in town, they just had a meet yesterday in Aurora. Hopefully you'll be able to hook up with them soon.

Beav
Old 02-25-2002, 09:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Welcome, "suby" thanks for joining in. Sounds like you picke up a jewel. And pardon me if I get a little loud when I say:

PEARLS RULE!

Again, welcome.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-25-2002, 09:13 PM
"high" in Colorado

Thanks for the welcomes! I saw the thread about some Colorado guys meeting yesterday....the same time I was out buying my car! I hope to hook up with this group soon....

Beav: I bet you miss Evergreen! I live near the old Beaver Brook Lodge off Old Squaw Pass Rd (Clear Creek County).
Old 02-26-2002, 04:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Welcome!!

Although I should say that since 'PEARLIES RULE', surely that must encompass the dreaded 'Banana Yellow Pearl'

Just a thought

BTW, the other yellow SVX in OZ is currently for sale!!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-26-2002, 07:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: SVX find of the year??

Quote:
Originally posted by subymtnguy
Hello everyone! Yesterday (Sunday) just for grins, I was skimming the Suby classifieds in The Denver Post expecting to see the usual 1 or 2 SVX ads fo 6 to 10k....
There was one for a 92 SVX LSL $3900; I called the number and talked to the owner asked all the usual questions and decided to go take a look, not really expecting much even though the guy said it was high miles (150k), well maintained and in great shape....
It was just as he said! Pearl white, new Yokahomas, recent brakes and rotors, near new battery etc, etc...
I offered $3700 and he took it!
What a great car! It is everything I thought a SVX would be and then some!
Not only got a great deal on a GREAT car, but found this outstanding web site! I feel like I'm batting a thousand!

I have three other Subarus (91 Legacy L wagon, 90 Loyale wagon, and a 85 BRAT), love em' all but the SVX is king!

I am looking foward to participating on this board, and learning all I can about my "new" Suby....

What do you guys think? $3700 for a SVX.....I think I got the deal of the year!

Thanks for a great web site!
Jolly good show. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy many happy years with your SVX.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-26-2002, 08:30 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. These cars should not be selling this low. Congratulations on a terrific buy.

Yoohoo. Larrrrrryyyyy. I think a trip to Indiana is in order for subymtnguy.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 02-26-2002, 08:57 AM
LordLobo

Exclamation

Pearl > All

Don't listen to pockets he's obsessed with red
Old 02-26-2002, 09:47 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LordLobo
Pearl > All

Don't listen to pockets he's obsessed with red
Yeah, and you're makin' me SEE red. I didn't say anything about the color. As a matter of fact, I said nothing but GOOD things.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-26-2002, 10:33 AM
sk8ing19

Welcome...

subymtnguy,

Welcome to the club. Sorry you missed the meet but we should have another meet coming up in a few months, but I will let you know.

What part of Denver did you buy your SVX from?

Later,
Chris
Old 02-26-2002, 11:38 AM

Congrats!!! i just picked up my svx 3 wks ago. it's a 92 pearl. you got a good price. i got luck too. i paid 4,000 for mine, but it has 98,000 miles on it. from only having the car a few wks i must say it is the best car i've owned. i have found only a few problems with it and i am in the process of getting them fixed. this site is great. the people on it are so nice and helpful. again, congrats and good luck

Kelli
Old 02-26-2002, 12:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yeah, and you're makin' me SEE red. I didn't say anything about the color. As a matter of fact, I said nothing but GOOD things.

Nick . . . ol' buddy . . . ol' pal . . . you need to move back to VT. I think the MI drivers are setting you too much on edge.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-26-2002, 12:09 PM
SVXtc

Too bad you didn't knock on wood. Yes you paid a good price for the car. The bad news...all the money you saved from not buying one with lower miles, you will now spend that money fixing things, and believe me, you WILL be fixing things. Parts are somewhat expensive and with 150,000 miles you better hope the transmission has been replaced in the past 50,000 miles .. Like paying for a new engine? How about wheel bearings and cv axles. I hope so because these things will probably need to happen. If I were you , I would take it to a mechanic and have as much of the car looked over as possible. This should be the first thing you should do. Things in particular are spark plugs, timing belt, and go somewhere where they will test your alternator and starter for free. My starter just went out from out of the blue. Good luck though.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:36 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtc
Too bad you didn't knock on wood. Yes you paid a good price for the car. The bad news...all the money you saved from not buying one with lower miles, you will now spend that money fixing things, and believe me, you WILL be fixing things. Parts are somewhat expensive and with 150,000 miles you better hope the transmission has been replaced in the past 50,000 miles .. Like paying for a new engine? How about wheel bearings and cv axles. I hope so because these things will probably need to happen. If I were you , I would take it to a mechanic and have as much of the car looked over as possible. This should be the first thing you should do. Things in particular are spark plugs, timing belt, and go somewhere where they will test your alternator and starter for free. My starter just went out from out of the blue. Good luck though.
Whoa! Let's not get too general. Despite my tranny woes (which basically I can blame on the previous owner for sticking a Legacy tranny in it), I haven't had to do more than routine maintenance on my car. No bearings, no engine troubles, no alternators, no starters . . . nothing. So, to generally "plague" someone with these broad statements is "bad form." Especially with a brand new owner. I bought mine with 109K on the clock. It now has over 170K. It (even with the tranny problem) has been more reliable than most of the other cars I've owned.
Subaru Ambassador