Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 06:19 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Bring it. <G>
haha, name the time and the place. Preferably some time in the summer when it's out of storage and i've finnished putting the engine back in...when ever that will be

It took me an hour at autozone last night to get those damn push things to hold down the engine cover (one that says h-6) I went their for new wipers and the guy wanted to see it and wound up taking off that thing (i think he broke it personally) then they couldn't find a push thingie that worked and went though ever one in the damn store. But I got my wipers and push thingies free :-) too bad the rear one was a pain in the a** to get off! Damn original wiper

so an hour and a half to get wipers...at that rate I wonder how long it will take for me to put the engine back
Old 02-21-2002, 06:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

haha, name the time and the place.
Well, I'm not even driving the Justy this week. I have the wife's Legacy because she has the week off and the driver's-side window in the Justy fell into the door. So that will be one of my weekend projects.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-21-2002, 07:18 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:

driver's-side window in the Justy fell into the door.
that's just the 1st generation power window, nothing to worry about at least you dont have the central air system the 914 had when i got it (no floor boards)
Old 02-21-2002, 08:14 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:

that's just the 1st generation power window, nothing to worry about at least you dont have the central air system the 914 had when i got it (no floor boards)
No, but close. During the drive from FL in the Justy, we had to stop at a Walmart for boot warmers and blankets. The AC condenser seems to be a replacement, and doesn't fit exactly. So I suspect that the draft is coming through the firewall there. The Justy is hardly insulated well, so a draft pretty much negates the heat.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 02-21-2002, 02:54 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:

No, but close. During the drive from FL in the Justy, we had to stop at a Walmart for boot warmers and blankets. The AC condenser seems to be a replacement, and doesn't fit exactly. So I suspect that the draft is coming through the firewall there. The Justy is hardly insulated well, so a draft pretty much negates the heat.
ouch, that is harsh. But I think I can top that. Upon purchase of the car I was driving it home, and there was a bad oil leak onto the exaust so lots of smoke, and the smoke got sucked into the air intake and started coming into the car, filled up in a few seconds. Drove w/ the top off and the windows down the rest of the way :-p
Old 02-21-2002, 02:58 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michigan meet this weekend

Quote:

ouch, that is harsh. But I think I can top that. Upon purchase of the car I was driving it home, and there was a bad oil leak onto the exaust so lots of smoke, and the smoke got sucked into the air intake and started coming into the car, filled up in a few seconds. Drove w/ the top off and the windows down the rest of the way :-p
Heh, that's pretty good. My wife will tolerate a little cold for 1,200mi, but not smoke, I imagine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE