Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 03-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Due to the age of them, they may skip a bit over bumps etc. This could be due to there being a very small or non-existent buffer in the CD units. Big buffers were not common in 91/92.
Yes. They skip like crazy every time you go round a corner or over a bump. It's fine on the motorway or around town, but blasting through a country lane listening to "Bat out of Hell" is a big no no.

I think the choice of mounting location - in the rear corner, near a suspension strut - contributes to the amount of shock and g-force the unit is subjected to. I think somebody with a later car (Phil Hill?) said theirs was secured with super-velcro whereas ours was rigidly bolted. Maybe this was a cheap fix to the skipping problem?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Blackbir2001

Interesting. My 'Grey' SVX has the CD player in the boot, mounted just behind the seats and sitting on velcro. I've never had any problems with it at all. But, it is 2001 technology not '91 technology. I might have a go at cleaning the @black' SVX's original fitment CD player as suggested earlier in this thread and also remount it on velcro to see if thst makes any difference. I will let you know.

Dave
Old 03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Phil & Belha

The same CD changer was apparently fitted to the Nissan 200SX. That's another place to look for compatible units.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: