Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 12-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Gt-Four195

Snow Fun

Hey everyone, I'm organizing this meet for the Toyota club and thought I'd extend an invitation this way. Details here.

http://seattletuners.com/forum/forum...p?TID=114&PN=1

Let me know if there are any questions or comments.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:28 AM
SVX Appeal

Are there actually any places to really play up there? The owners of private parking lots get kinda huffy about these sorts of things, and public lots are, well, not exactly favorable in the eyes of the law. I had a blast figure-eight racing in an icy parking lot last winter. Fortunately it took nearly two hours for a local police officer put a stop to it. The officer was super-nice about it, and just told me [and my friends] that the property owner has requested that people playing in the snow be asked to leave. ...or else.

...So I guess what I'm saying is that unless I can spend hours playing in a large, icy lot without causing trouble, I'm not interested. Do you have a secret location in mind? If you do, that would be cool because I haven't ever found a suitable spot.

Does anybody here know someone who owns a large parking lot? I'd be willing to take a long drive in the snow just to play in a big lot without being harassed. Shoot, it'd be nice to be left alone even on dry asphalt. My local raceway doesn't allow "showing off" and other such activities, even as a paying member during a sanctioned activity. Where do I go to have fun without breaking the rules?

Anyway, if there's a great location, yes, I'm interested.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
A few of the local SVXers went up to Steven's Pass twice on Sundays last winter. We had a blast both times, but it is true that we did spend most of the time searching for the right spot and never found the perfect one (or a 100% legal one).

The spot we found the first time was at the end of a narrow single lane road, one way in, one way out, about 2 miles of rally-style driving to get to. Some kind of county/forestry parking lot, a worker drove in during some of Gargoyle's stunts and just watched and then drove on by when he was done without saying a word. But the parking lot was pretty small.

Second time up was late in the season, that place was nearly dried up so we settled on a large overflow lot further down past the main ones. It was snow and mud mixed and made for some great fun, lots of room, etc. Had it to ourselves, but most likely during the peak of the season when it would be better snow there would be some cars parked there. And we never felt 100% legit there either, although there were no complaints that day.

You can see video footage of all this action at the Annual Awards Banquet January 22nd as well as all the other events from 2004. And it's on a Saturday night for those that can't usually make our Saturday daytime events!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Gt-Four195

I'm thinking it will primarily be a ski/snowboard meet, but I've found if you can just stick around after the lifts close for about 45 minutes, the parking lot gets pretty empty and no one has bothered me in the past.

If you guys know a good spot that is a for sure, then I might be willing to change location, or maybe even better, make a seperate meet, since this one is an all toyota thing, I'm not sure how many no AWDers will be there, so I had to pick something not too difficult to get to.