How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-24-2003, 06:29 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

A couple days with a Forester Turbo

Our new Legacy is in the shop getting a hitch and fixing the CD player that didn't work when you put in more than 1 cd. There was a 04 Forester Turbo loaner sitting in the driveway last night when I got home so I figured I needed to be sure I made the right choice buying the Legacy GT over it. Put about 120 miles on it.

The Forester isn't even a good car! Handles like my Brat with 500 lbs of crap in the bed. Interior looks like a cross between an Audi TT and a freaking Chevy Corsica. Nothing looks like it belongs together. The interior lines are just plain bad. Can you say excessive tire noise? Again, it kinda reminds me of my Brat. The seats are about as comfortable and supportive as the Jetta we traded in (which were like sitting on a sofa). What were they thinking when they designed the locations for the buttons inside?

Oh yeah sure it is quick but so were many of the muscle Novas in the day. A performance car/SUcar is more than just speed and that's where the Forester is lacking. I'd still definately take a WRX wagon over it anyday and not skip a beat.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:44 AM
SVXdriver_007

you know alot of that does sound like the reason I got rid of my Forester and got the Legacy. I test drove the premium forester and I thought it felt just fine but I could have been clouded by the turbo.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:08 PM
SVX26517

yep my volare is better than that car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: