SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Brake Pads

My brakes are starting to squeak so I think I will be needing new pads. Any suggestions on brand and/or type of pads to get? Any place in particular to purchase them? OT, you have them on your web site. Are the ones you are selling the best for the SVX?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: Brake Pads

AXXIS dusts like mad. I will never, ever buy them again.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

AXXIS ceramic is what I have and I haven't noticed the dust too terribly. Then again, I wash my car twice a week in the summer.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I bought my ceramics from http://www.rockauto.com, they were only like $25 for the set and havent shown even the slightest wear after 15,000 miles.

Right now it looks like they have one close-out set of Raybestos ceramics for $8.44 !! I would jump on that, and see what else they have too, I cant recommend Rockauto enough.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
I bought my ceramics from http://www.rockauto.com, they were only like $25 for the set and havent shown even the slightest wear after 15,000 miles.

Right now it looks like they have one close-out set of Raybestos ceramics for $8.44 !! I would jump on that, and see what else they have too, I cant recommend Rockauto enough.
I like rockauto but there shipping sucks I had to return part of an order because Fedex had it listed as going to be delivered on friday, Weekend project, and friday cam and no parts I had to buy them locally.
And to make matters worse they seem to have wildly high shipping prices compared to size and weight from other shipping I have done.