Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i don't account for people who "drive their vehicle into the ground."

I have a friend, he had a car with a cracked head. He changed the AFM several times, took them appart, effed them up, effed MINE up, but no matter what he couldn't get the cracked head to go away
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
I know this.

OK, could you just for once, answer me this...

How am I supposed to back up my assertions in your mind? I've showed you several forms of proof over the years, which you dismiss one by one based on technicalities. You speak of long term reliability being different than initial quality. I agree 100%. But there are no comprehensive long term quality studies out there. Wonder why? Because long term quality is very subjective, and very dependent on the vehicle's owner. Thus it is virtually immeasureable. So your assertions about long term reliability end up being, in reality, an unfounded opinion. How then are we supposed to determine, objectively, that one car is of higher quality than another?
LONG TERM QUALITY= RETURN OF BUYERS

WHY ARE YOU HERE?? THERE IS NOTHING UNOBJECTIVE THEN THAT? GO ELSEWHERE!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
that's why i base it off my own experiences as a person who follows scheduled vehicle maintenance and treats their car well. i also base these opinions using friends and family who do the same. i don't account for people who "drive their vehicle into the ground." i've owned several GMs, parents have owned several, and various friends. all were pretty much craptastic, too, and these are people who take care of their vehicles.
Well here we are in another one of these arguments. I'm going to try to just keep this quick, because I, just like you, am tired of this (and all the immature members that have come out of the woodwork because of it).

1 - I know well your stance on this subject, so I won't address that, because we've been there and back so many times we could be considered locals.

2 - EVERYBODY thinks they take good care of their cars. No offense to you, I have no idea what you consider "good care" cause I haven't seen you and your car. However, I find that most people's definition of such doesn't even meet the basic requirements set forth by the manufacturer. So again, this is all based on opinions, which is fine, but then you can't tell me that i'm wrong simply because you feel differently.

Quote:
if it makes you feel any better, i won't be buying any Audi's or Benz's anytime soon, either, based on my parent's experiences with them.
Smart. And agreed.

Quote:
I guess they would also have to make a car i would actually want to own, too.
We obviously differ greatly in taste. I feel the same way about Subaru and (except for the GT2) Porsche. The only Subaru i'd ever own willingly is the SVX and the only Porsche would be the GT2, though i'd probably spend that lump of cash on a house instead.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Well here we are in another one of these arguments. I'm going to try to just keep this quick, because I, just like you, am tired of this (and all the immature members that have come out of the woodwork because of it).
WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
WHY WE ARE STILL REPLYING?
Fixed it. Better this way

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Fixed it. Better this way
Sure, but HE'S STILL HERE!!! Again WHY???
Old 01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Sure, but HE'S STILL HERE!!! Again WHY???
If Shadow cannot answer this Q, how would you expect me to ANSWER it??

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
If Shadow cannot answer this Q, how would you expect me to ANSWER it??
I will answer it for you, because you generally can conduct yourself like you are over the age of 16. It's already been answered in the other thread, which I know Benebob saw. He must be bored again. Here goes...

To those who ask a completely reasonable question, I give the same answer I gave another esteemed member when asked this over PM.

I am here to speak with the members of this site who can conduct themselves maturely in discussion. I'm here to talk with people who have opinions differing from mine, and to learn from them, as I do every day elsewhere in life.

Do you belong to any sites that are radically different in orientation? For example, I am a regular at LS1tech and East Coast F-body, and I also frequent LS1.com, Lateral-G.net, and Protouring.com. However, to stay up to date with the competition, I visit SVTforums.com, NASIOC, and here.

OBVIOUSLY I come here prepared to meet resistance from fans of the SVX and Subaru because I come from such a different "background". I own a car that is very threatening to some Subaru owners. The thing that get's me is, of all the places i've visited, this place and NASIOC are by far the most hostile to anyone from outside the Subaru domain. Even the owners of the WS6's archenemy, the Supercharged SVT Cobra (at SVTForums), are not near as up-in-arms in an LS1 owner's presence as the members of this board and NASIOC are.

It could be because of the age difference (most of the SC Cobra owners are late twenties and older, while most STi owners seem to be under 25). I dunno, but it's quite fascinating. I conduct myself similarly on the other sites, and while I certainly come across immaturity, I don't meet the blatant disregard for reality on the other sites that I do here and on NASIOC.

So there you go. If that doesn't explain it, then I can't help you.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I will answer it for you, because you generally can conduct yourself like you are over the age of 16. It's already been answered in the other thread, which I know Benebob saw. He must be bored again. Here goes...

To those who ask a completely reasonable question, I give the same answer I gave another esteemed member when asked this over PM.

I am here to speak with the members of this site who can conduct themselves maturely in discussion. I'm here to talk with people who have opinions differing from mine, to then trash them because I am so superior in though and mind, as I do every day elsewhere in life. I treat members here like crap because I don't like my superiority to be questioned as it confuses and bewilders me. As they say ignorance is my middle name and even though I don't want to be here and no one really wants me here every other site has banned me for good because of my arrogent hurtful posts.

Do you belong to any sites that are radically different in orientation? For example, I am a regular at LS1tech and East Coast F-body, and I also frequent LS1.com, Lateral-G.net, and Protouring.com. However, to stay up to date with the competition, I visit SVTforums.com, NASIOC, and here.

OBVIOUSLY I come here prepared to meet resistance from fans of the SVX and Subaru because I come from such a different "background". I own a car that is very threatening to some Subaru owners. They are always broken down on the side of the road and if an SVX takes a turn to quickly it might hit some of Detroits finest. The thing that get's me is, of all the places i've visited, this place and NASIOC are by far the most hostile to anyone from outside the Subaru domain. Even the owners of the WS6's archenemy, the Supercharged SVT Cobra (at SVTForums), are not near as up-in-arms in an LS1 owner's presence as the members of this board and NASIOC are but I guess that it is just because I'm an asshole that cannot listen to anyone else but will surely speak my mind (all 3 thoughts worth) in every post I make. I really don't see this site taking offense to the many other car owners out there so it really must be me. Hey I just developed a 4th thought! NO ONE WANTS ME HERE, I'M AN A@@HOLE AND ITS TIME FOR ME TO POST ON ANOTHER SITE!

It could be because of the age difference (most of the SC Cobra owners are late twenties and older, while most STi owners seem to be under 25). I dunno, but it's quite fascinating. I conduct myself similarly on the other sites, and while I certainly come across immaturity, I don't meet the blatant disregard for the reality I grew up with in my bubble on the other sites that I do here and on NASIOC.

So there you go. If that doesn't explain it, then I can't help you.

Made a few spelling corrections to your post so Danny will understand it. Remember, he like all the rest of us here aren't as smart as you so you'll have to bear with us. I was so excited. I THOUGHT YOU FINALLY TOOK THE HINT AND LEFT but oh well, I guess you still haven't realized that NO ONE HERE WANTS YOU HERE!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Green1995SVX

OK, guys. Party's over. Take it to PMs.
Closed Thread