Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-22-2005, 07:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
Well, I have a (Broken) set of SVX mounts, so if Johnny wants to send me a set of Grp N mounts, to use for measurements, I'll send him a free set of adaptors (would probably send him a free set anyway, since they'd be going on my old SVX).
That way Johnny can still drive his SVX till I get them done, as he wouldn't have to remove his original mounts till he had the adaptors in hand.
So, how about it Johnny?
Sounds good to me, Huck. Can't buy them right now but should be able to in the near future. I can have them shipped directly to your house or work, whatever would be most convenient.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
BTW, adjusting the clutch so it engages closer to the floor has definitely helps with the shudder situtation. There is still a fair amount of clutch slippage under hard acceleration shifting but I am sure the clutch is worn some after being out of adjustment for a bit.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I'm glad that helped it for you, as I hadn't been driving it very far (just to work and back once in a while) I guess it wasn't heating it up enough to get the shudder very often, but the trip to PA probably got it good and hot if it was slipping the whole time from being adjusted to tight...

You can just have the mounts shipped to me at work, just e-mail me when you're ready to order them, and I'll get you my work address.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 02-22-2005, 07:48 PM
How fast is fast?

Send a message via AIM to Bxsvx
I think the STI impreza mounts can handle the svx's torque, but I dont think the regular impreza Mounts can, what do you guys think?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:38 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Well being that the STi has more torque than the SVX...i would say thats a good assumtion.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 PM

I'M A NEW MEMBER. I HAD AN SVX FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. AND THANKS TO All INFORMATION A WAS ABLE TO DO THE 5 SPEED SWAMP. BUT GOING TO THE SUBJECT, JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS BACK, I REPLACE THE MOTOR MOUNTS, WITH THE STI ONE, THAT ARE ON SALE FROM SUBARU PARTS. IT WAS THE SHEAPEST WAY. I GOT THEM ABOUT 4 DAYS AFTER I ORDER THEM. THE ONLY MOD I DID WAS TO MAKE THE HOLES A LITTLE BIGER TOWARD THE INSIDE ON THE ORIGINAL PLATES. THE ONES THAT CAME WITH THE STI, ARE LESS STRONG THAN THE ORIGINAL ONE'S. AND THE WORK JUST FINE. AND IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REPLACE THEM SPECIALY IF YOU HAVE THE 5 SPEED TRANNY.....
Old 02-23-2005, 09:07 PM

I MOVED FROM DENVER ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. AND ABOUT 4 MONTH, I STARTED TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH CLUTCH CABLE. IT KEEP BRAKING, UNTIL THE FORK FROM THE TRANNY GOT LOOSE AND I COULDN'T DRIVE THE CAR ANYMORE SO I ENDUP BUYING A CAVALIER AT THE AUCTION. AT LEAST I CAN FIND PARTS A LOT EASIER AND SHIPPER. SPECIALY BEEN BROKE. FINALLY I TOOK THE TRANNY OFF THE CAR AND REPLACE THE CLUTCH FORK. I ALSO NOTICE THAT THE CV JOIN WERE BROKE. SO I FIGURE THAT THE ENGINE WAS HAVING TOO MUTCH MOVEMENT. I LIFT THE ENGINE UP AND NOTICE THAT THE MOUNTS WERE BAD.