Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 04-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by tuzem
So, I got fixed up with a junk-yard radiator for $250. It's been already a week and no problems. I still have my old one and planning on passing it to Earl. If somebody else is interested, let me know. Thanks for the support!

-Nick
Yeah, I was looking for a damaged radiator to use to have someone start building us non-plastic ones.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Jedi Member

Hmm... I've had a crack in the top plastic part of my radiator for 3 years since I bought the car that way.

I tried a "patch kit" that came with some fiberglass and epoxy but the antifreeze has worked it's way out from underneath.

It doesn't leak that much... although I'm starting to notice the smell more often when I drive harder... I haven't noticed a drop in the level of the coolant though. Is it time for me to get a new one?
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 04-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Well you can keep patching it, however, I don't think it will ever last. I had to patch mine on the way to Reading V. It held relatively well but it does have a pin-hole leak. I'd like to get one made of metal so we don't have to worry about this problem anymore.