Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-08-2001, 06:23 PM
tat2skullz

Question OT ? for Legacy Owners?????

Hey Kids~!

My mom has a 2001 Legacy GT with the factory Subaru alarm. Here is the deal... when arming or disarming, it uses the horn as it's signal (just like the SVX) but it is LOUD! Is there a setting that can be changed? Either to lower the tone, like the SVX, or disable the "beep" completely?

The aftermarket alarm in my truck has multiple settings for the arm/disarm signal, and the factory alarm in my Toyota Avalon and my friend's Passat are configureable as well, I'm hoping that the Legacy has that option too. I haven't taken it to the local Stealer....... 'cause they s**k.....

TIA

Seth
Old 08-08-2001, 08:44 PM
Headed to Texas...

Re: OT ? for Legacy Owners?????

Quote:
Originally posted by tat2skullz
Hey Kids~!

My mom has a 2001 Legacy GT with the factory Subaru alarm. Here is the deal... when arming or disarming, it uses the horn as it's signal (just like the SVX) but it is LOUD! Is there a setting that can be changed? Either to lower the tone, like the SVX, or disable the "beep" completely?
Seth, I think the answer is "yes" . . . at least you can do that (disable the horn) on the 2002 Impreza - I would guess that they probably share the same system.
Check the owner's manual under security system or keyless entry. The operation was very simple and took under 30 seconds to do - and if I could remember the procedure I would explain it!
If you can't find it let me know and I'll dig it out and post it.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 08-08-2001, 09:40 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: OT ? for Legacy Owners?????

Yeah, they're LOUD!

I live in a townhouse complex, and was afraid I would wake up the whole bloody neighbourhood.

I asked the dealer if there was a way to tone it down, and they said nope.

To disable it, push BOTH the buttons on the remote at the same time. Then all you'll see are the blinky lights when you arm/disarm, and if you really listen carefully (which is what I do now), you can hear the door solenoid working.

Now mind you, we didn't opt for the security system, just the keyless entry, but I would assume it would be the same. Try it out and see what happens.

If anyone has any suggestions to quiet it instead of muting it, including doing some mods, I'd be interested in trying it out.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by tat2skullz
Hey Kids~!

The aftermarket alarm in my truck has multiple settings for the arm/disarm signal, and the factory alarm in my Toyota Avalon and my friend's Passat are configureable as well, I'm hoping that the Legacy has that option too. I haven't taken it to the local Stealer....... 'cause they s**k.....

TIA

Seth
Old 08-09-2001, 09:16 AM
tat2skullz

Thanks!

You guys rock! (as usual)

Seth
Old 08-09-2001, 07:52 PM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Re: OT ? for Legacy Owners?????

Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam

To disable it, push BOTH the buttons on the remote at the same time. Then all you'll see are the blinky lights when you arm/disarm, and if you really listen carefully (which is what I do now), you can hear the door solenoid working.

Now mind you, we didn't opt for the security system, just the keyless entry, but I would assume it would be the same.
Yep, same procedure for turning off the horns on the 2002 Impreza - and it also has the security system.

jnj7707@yahoo.com