Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:10 AM
newportclaret

Green SVX sighting (with reservations)

I saw a green SVX on the Northern Beaches today.

I checked out the Forum and found that Karin might have spotted the same car on her very first sighting on 10 Feb 05 on Wakehurst Parkway. She wasn't v good at it as she only got the colour and two letters A and F. Looking back on this thread, I see that Jason was stalking me parking at Nth Sydney Station the very next day.

I am a wee bit of a novice at this and may need some encouragement to come out of my shell.

I saw this green SVX driven by a bloke, with a whole family in the car.

Fear gripped me... what if this was the stalking Moshols or the camera wielding rev heads on the forum. I wanted to wave but I convinced myself I was not ready.

Mind you I was good...I took down the Rego(ADF 65H), Colour (green) Date (06/05/05), Time (4pm) and Place (Nth Narrabeen to Mona Vale - he was in kerbside lane, I was in middle lane)

Guidance on the six steps of SVXA (Anonymous) welcome.

Tony
Old 05-06-2005, 06:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Great!!

I find that Step #3 is often the one that is hardest to overcome.

It is where, driving along one day, sun shining, birds singing, VIP in the passenger seat, the normality of your existence and the self-control that characterises your life is thrown out the window upon the sighting of....THE ONE

(One of 220 or so, or 95 if you are NSW, but collectively, they are THE ONE!)

Cue the following:
-Interruption of conversation with VIP, phone etc with high pitched animal like shreik
-Food, drink and general contents of mouth depart said mouth in a curving arch as head rotates to view THE ONE as shriek is delievered
-Hand or hands off wheel to point and gesticulate (cue also knee rising to brace steering wheel so total loss of control does not result
-Hearing shuts down to protect against torrent of abuse from VIP as he/she grips the grab handle, contemplates leaving you and hangs on for dear life
-One arm darts, snakelike, to every crevice and space to find a pen or other writing implement to record rego (note that Grade A fanactics like Mr Devine have spoken of opening a vein to write in blood on ones clothing in absence of pen)
-Other arm executes full lock turn, at speed, resulting in much tire smoke, sounding of horns from other cars and increase of abuse from VIP to near hurricane levels
-Schmacher/Time-Attack mode as over-taking feats of derring do are executed in pursuit of THE ONE

Leading to one of two results:
1) Communication with the pilot of THE ONE and comparing tales of 4EAT failures, how to clean Alcantra and dark mutterings about why SVX Production line is not re-opened (note: departure of VIP followed by thurnderclouds a la the Munsters goes unnoticed)

or

2) Pilot of THE ONE freaks out, thinks car-jacking imminent and sings praises to the FHI engineers as awd and H6 make short work of putting distance between it and the maniac behind (note: this has been rumoured to occur when the following vehicle is a dark blue, 4 door Toyota Camry with its driver hanging out the window bearing SVX flyers)

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
I see that Jason was stalking me parking at Nth Sydney Station the very next day.

You can run...................

...............but you can't hide from a dedicated SVX spotter!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 05-06-2005, 08:47 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Exclamation There is YELLOW!

Finally, some up to date photo's of a (the) Yellow SVX!
This answers some of the confusion (from about two years ago) regarding whether said SVX had a black top, or was all over yellow?
Either way, it still has to be the hottest colouration for the SVX.

Hey guys, 'n gals, sorry about the long quiet, still busy trying to build my aeroplane.
Would love to do the lunch drive on 28th, but have planned to fly up to Taree, this is however weather dependant, so if it's a bit 'iffy', I'll be there!
Arthur.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug_1.jpg (72.8 KB, 206 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:20 PM

So Arthur

I guess that means you only want to come on the drive if it rains well, i'm hoping for sun but it would be great if you could join us.

Nice plane- i'm sure a soob would look tops in that shade of errr yellow (concrete) - where did you dig it up from?

Moshol
Old 05-07-2005, 12:21 AM
newportclaret

Flightless aeroplane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon500
Finally, some up to date photo's of a (the) Yellow SVX!
have planned to fly up to Taree, this is however weather dependant, so if it's a bit 'iffy', I'll be there!
Arthur.
Hi Arthur
Are you flying to Taree in the aeroplane in your photo? It looks remarkably like Wonder Woman's mode of transport, though her's, of course, was glass - you're really making life difficult for yourself using concrete!!!
Karin
Old 05-07-2005, 07:08 AM

Yellow or Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
Maybe I am being a bit slow or missed some posts but where did that yellow SVX come from??? Was it the one for sale on carsales.com late last year in Sydney - someone called Brutus or something - Moshol spoke with him

James,

Done a little sleuthing on the Yellow,
The E Tag holder at the mirror looked familar. Check the attached pix of a black I spotted last year. Same rego and E Tag holder.

Kenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93 SVX S'hills Sept 03 Blk c.jpg.jpg (35.8 KB, 204 views)
Old 05-07-2005, 08:30 PM

Advice for sightings

OOPS

Tony & James, i missed your posts when i checked yesterday and Tony i can see why it may take a few attempts before full scale pursiut of svx is launched.

The green one you saw must be by 'sister' svx- my rego was AEF31U before i changed to green plates so i think the one you saw lives at collaroy- although not sure why they would be going to Narrabeen...I have followed him through Frenches Forest before and we waved and drove side by side for a bit but didn't chat due to peak hour traffic and we both turned opposite ways into the wakehurst parkway.

Once you meet up with a few svxs and go for a cruise you will feel a new supreme confidence when you approach others in the street. Part of this confidence is from happy memories of driving along surrounded by svxs and seeing them in your mirror and ahead of you and realising how lucky you are to have one. This is why you want to approach others- so they can have a similar chance and have a satisfying and joyful life......

If you are rejected it becomes like water off a ducks back & you realise how much the rejectors are missing out on when they don't share your enthusiasm (like the one i followed on commenarra parkway)

Happy SVX chasing & Happy Mother's Day Karin!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:44 AM
newportclaret

SVX sightings - Supreme Confidence?

Moshols
You make an SVX sighting sound like an uplifting yoga session (not that I've ever been to a yoga session) - I'm not sure about your "supreme confidence" - all I feel is extreme panic when I realise I don't have a pen, I'm travelling in the opposite direction or when I've been cornered in some suburban carpark by driver unknown who could be in a questionable mental state (like me), but then realise they just want to check out the paint work and they're actually quite normal (unlike me).
Hope your mother's day was a fruitful drive to the southern breeding grounds with many sightings!
PS Tony's mental health is in free fall - I came into the office just now to check emails and found a handwritten list gleaned from this website of every sighting ever made in date order with rego, date of sighting, location, colour and sighter's code name - this is a guy who spends most waking moments buried in the Financial Review with no other real interests in life except for investments, coffee and red wine - and now the new, previously taken for granted, love of his life - newportclaret - I'm sure I'm going to go into the kitchen and find all the tinned food colour coded with the labels facing me and find his clothes folded neatly in his wardrobe (one can only hope! ). The internet is a scarey place.
Karin
Old 05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Talking (Newport)Claret SVX Spotted!

Date : Monday, 9th May, 2005.

Time : 7:58 am.

Rego : AET-90M

..............SVXs are never safe when I am around................!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 05-08-2005, 10:55 PM

Train Sighting

Jason do you still drive to work or were you in a position to view North Sydney station car park from the train?

If you were on the train, do you always sit on the same side- to maximize sighting chance? or did you cross the aisle and lean over an innocent commuter and let out a big woohoo upon sighting and state the plate out loud repeatedly until you could grab a pen and write it in your diary

I am developing severe svx paranoia- every time I see certain not quite identifiable cars flash past in the distance I think they are an svx- I have stopped myself from pursuing to find out so far....

Moshol
Old 05-13-2005, 03:16 AM
newportclaret

Moshols

Matt from Epping is selling MS 742 the silver 92 you saw on 13 Sep last year for $15k.

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/su...&pp=0&d=0&nv=1

Arthur saw the same car in Killara on the 8th of August for sale at $12,000!!!

(and Karin thought my personality was slipping for keeping a database)

PS Nice to meet you the other day.... although when you pulled up I freaked out because I thought I could claim my second sighting in a week!

(come to think of it my personality is slipping)

Tony
Old 05-13-2005, 11:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Nearly 200,000km for an asking price of $15,000!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Chris_8472

Wink Someone took a photo of me!

Someone took a photo of me while I was driving! I thought that was pretty cool!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:51 AM
newportclaret

Only just read this thread

I think my svx is having issues once it reaches 120kph- (this morning a commodore was tailing me on Mona Vale road and I had no choice)- as I turn the wheel there is a kind of rattle which only stops when I slow to under 100….
Moshols quote

We have the same noise at 5kph in semi or full steering lock which I assume is just the subaru weakness - cv joints. Have you had it looked at since this message? Think I'll take newportclaret to our mechanic tomorrow for a check-up.
Karin