Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Lots of svx action!

Wow two exciting sightings in 3 days! On Saturday i saw a claret- a Newport claret and chased her into Bunnings where we finally met- was great meeting you Karin Thanks for your help with the storage baskets too.

Just then when i was almost at work i saw a broken down car just before the parramatta river bridge coming into silverwater....closer....closer....oh my its an svx! I pulled up behind him at met Todd- he said he has met James and Arthur before but hasn't been on a drive in a while. Turns out he works in the street next to me and i recalled a time when i saw him driving out of newington 8 months ago (actually i think 5 months is more likley)- after some pondering Todd also recalled me driving past on that evening.

Hope the NRMA got your car going again Todd! All the dash lights came on and it stopped- i'm sure Todd will be on to discuss the issue....
Old 05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
newportclaret

Three SVX sightings in a weekend

Must have been the moon or something - after I'd been cornered in Bunnings by Moshols I saw two SVXs last weekend:

SCP 362 Black on silver
Turning into Jacksons Road, Warriewood
Silver-bearded (matching vehicle) 50-60 year old male
either searching for mate or food

YET 194? Black on red (claret)
parked ready to pounce unsuspecting SVXs in side street near Mona Vale Hospital
no driver within, but clearly an SVXivore

It was lovely to meet you Moshols - confirmed my concerns that SVX drivers were a tad unstable and that I didn't really want to swap mobile phone numbers with them - joking - did you really need those wire baskets or were you just so beside yourself at an SVX sighting that you would have bought a bulk roll of sisalation (roof insulation) to justify your walk into Bunnings with me??? In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have dragged you into Bunnings and bought my timber, I should have stood out in the carpark marvelling at your first born and given you the keys to newportclaret for a compare drive - sorry about that!

Sounds like Todd has an alternator problem or a faulty battery - newportclaret did exactly the same thing a couple of months ago - had to wrap her in a blanket and leave her overnight all alone in a lonely, unfamiliar street anything could have happened to her - NRMA batteries saved her - Tony's a heavy air-con user - she didn't have a chance.

I have an answer to my brain teaser - it's pathetic - you move the 2 up to be a squared sign so it's 101 minus 10 squared = 1 - sorry, but I think that's incorrect - not only are you moving the 2, but you have to shrink it - no one mentioned shrinking!

My name is Karin and I have a problem.
See you out in SVX paradise.
newportclaret
Old 05-03-2005, 12:13 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshols vx
but hasn't been on a drive in a while.
None of us have !

hmmm...................must do something about that!!!!

This is SO frustrating - I hardly ever see SVXs on the North Shore, and yet on the Northern Beaches, they are everywhere!!!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 AM
newportclaret

broken down SVX?

SVX's don't break down....they just fail to proceed

ps this is Tony who uses too much aircon and leaves his food wrappers and dental floss around, who also doesn't know how to post a reply
Old 05-03-2005, 02:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
Must have been the moon or something - after I'd been cornered in Bunnings by Moshols I saw two SVXs last weekend:

SCP 362 Black on silver
Turning into Jacksons Road, Warriewood
Silver-bearded (matching vehicle) 50-60 year old male
either searching for mate or food

YET 194? Black on red (claret)
parked ready to pounce unsuspecting SVXs in side street near Mona Vale Hospital
no driver within, but clearly an SVXivore

It was lovely to meet you Moshols - confirmed my concerns that SVX drivers were a tad unstable and that I didn't really want to swap mobile phone numbers with them - joking - did you really need those wire baskets or were you just so beside yourself at an SVX sighting that you would have bought a bulk roll of sisalation (roof insulation) to justify your walk into Bunnings with me??? In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have dragged you into Bunnings and bought my timber, I should have stood out in the carpark marvelling at your first born and given you the keys to newportclaret for a compare drive - sorry about that!

Sounds like Todd has an alternator problem or a faulty battery - newportclaret did exactly the same thing a couple of months ago - had to wrap her in a blanket and leave her overnight all alone in a lonely, unfamiliar street anything could have happened to her - NRMA batteries saved her - Tony's a heavy air-con user - she didn't have a chance.

I have an answer to my brain teaser - it's pathetic - you move the 2 up to be a squared sign so it's 101 minus 10 squared = 1 - sorry, but I think that's incorrect - not only are you moving the 2, but you have to shrink it - no one mentioned shrinking!

My name is Karin and I have a problem.
See you out in SVX paradise.
newportclaret

I remember Todd - had actually loooked at buying his car when it was for sale by the previous owner (an guy who demonstrated a Gore Hill freeway speed run of 150kph+ - he was moving to the US and when asked about radar/speed cameras replied that he did not care since what were they going to do!!)

Like SVX....but mucho like Diablo SV that I was in yesterday!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:28 AM
newportclaret

fail to proceed?

What do you mean SVXs "FAIL" to proceed - they don't fail anything - what am I doing here in the office when I could be in the kitchen arguing this one - this website really turns you into a nut bag, now I'm having cyber arguments with my husband who's in the next room about a car that we once took for granted as just a vehicle for getting us from A to B and now it has it's own stalkers, a personality and a fan club, what's next Barbie SVX??

PS - Driving home tonight from you guessed it (that supermarket) who should sidle up next to me - omnipresent Moshols obviously going to the gym while pathetic old me headed home to 3 ferals - is the protocol when you spot a converted (to this website) SVX that you pull into their lane and make a convoy and then play tag through the traffic? A pedestrian standing at the traffic lights near the Mona Vale Hotel took a double take at such a sight - 2 SVXs - I think he was fully in the moment!! Jason, there's only one solution for you - migration to the breeding ground of SVXs
Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 AM

A pedestrian standing at the traffic lights near the Mona Vale Hotel took a double take at such a sight - 2 SVXs - I think he was fully in the moment!! Jason, there's only one solution for you - migration to the breeding ground of SVXs[/QUOTE]

The first meet up with a number of SVX's that we had at St Ives certainly drew the same glances.....helped of course by the rapid departure of about 6 SVX's in the front two rows across three lanes of traffic....many many people turned to look!

Yeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
newportclaret

Rapid departure of 6 SVXs across 3 lanes of traffic

Sounds like a scene from Swan Lake really
Karin
Old 05-03-2005, 05:10 PM

svx season

Jason, there is no need for you to be feeling left out- Todd said he lives in Roseville so perhaps you just need to look extra carefully on the weekend or park your car in a side street off the Pacific Hwy and set up a picnic chair and wait for him to drive by!

Karin, I don't know how I functioned at home prior to the purchase of those wire baskets, I was marveling at them this morning as I removed my sock that had fallen through the hole at the back. I'm sure my neighbor enjoyed the rustling and scraping coming through to her cupboard at 6:15 this morning.

Ahem, I was not going to the gym last night- I was wanting to tell you about Todd but could not work out how we could talk in the traffic-the bus stopped in front of us, it all got a tad confusing. I was also wondering how to get into the far right lane to turn into my street. I then regretted ending the svx cruise prematurely- we only had 50 meters together! I have decided that in future I will follow you home- well not home but just up to Newport, then I’ll turn at the beach and go back to my place- a good way for a quick svx cruise. Don't freak out that you have a stalker when I follow you up the hill next time!

The sighting of the svx ready for action on the weekend near Mona Vale hospital was Paulie- he often stays at his friends place there- he has removed his spoiler and it looks stealthy!

I think my svx is having issues once it reaches 120kph- (this morning a commodore was tailing me on Mona Vale road and I had no choice)- as I turn the wheel there is a kind of rattle which only stops when I slow to under 100….

Moshol
Old 05-04-2005, 02:35 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Jason, there is no need for you to be feeling left out- Todd said he lives in Roseville so perhaps you just need to look extra carefully on the weekend or park your car in a side street off the Pacific Hwy and set up a picnic chair and wait for him to drive by!
Interesting............................

...............I wonder how long it would take me to drive down every street in Roseville?

I have only seen Todd's SVX once - on Victoria Road, West Ryde!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 05-04-2005, 06:53 AM

Cool Finally settled

We have finally settled into our new home, during the last few months we have used the SVX for trips up and down the country. Also the place where we had been staying for a little while was on dirt tracks, done some slick slides and turns. Sure makes you glad to have a Subaru. Last major trip was driving down the Newell from Brisie with the dog trailler on the back of the Liberty. So, so slow compared to the SVX.

Spotted a white on the Harvey bay road about two months ago, (I was a passenger in the rear as is went past on the opposite of the road). Saw two Burg's heading towards Melbourne on the Tullamarine, within 2 minutes of each other. About 6 weeks ago saw another at Chirnside Park, Reg "RUSTY" (hope that was refering to the owner).

My ex-workmates have pix of a Yellow that they spotted in Brisbane, will have to get a copy of them.

KennEls
Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
newportclaret

Break out the li-lo and head for the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX
Interesting............................

...............I wonder how long it would take me to drive down every street in Roseville?

I have only seen Todd's SVX once - on Victoria Road, West Ryde!

Jason.
None of this waiting for your prey - let them come to you - park in a conspicuous spot on the northern beaches and they'll come. You're not even safe in Bunnings!
Karin
Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 PM

Sometimes svx = annoying!

Tony- I have to say svxs do break down and they can be very very annoying, especially when their alarm starts going off just because you try to turn on the ignition and you are outside a packed restaurant and everyone is looking at you and the alarm won't stop. True, this could have been because I had a free battery in it but still, they can be a bit annoying sometimes!

Another time they can create great annoyance is when the check engine light comes on and you are about to drive through the m5 tunnel in traffic and you don't know if it will die half way through the tunnel and you will have a major claustrophobic freak out attack due to being in a fume filled toxic dark tunnel that goes for eternity.

Karin I think your advice to Jason is superb- pack some sun cream Jason and head on down! Much more fun than driving through the streets of Roseville or car watching on the Pacific Hwy.

& Ken- Kennels- I just want to confirm that your name is Ken Do you think the '2 bergs' were on a cruise or just happened to be driving together?

I missed a chance of a lifetime this morning- driving along Silverwater Road heading north, under M4, let my guard down for a min and was looking at the car in front while daydreaming at the lights.... accelerated, looked in rear mirror...oh my my my- a green svx same as mine 50 metres away heading in other direction in heavy traffic.....I considered mounting the median strip to chase but it was not quite feasible as too much traffic and I had to be at work awwwww
& where is Todd- come and share your svx problems with us Todd!

Moshol
Old 05-05-2005, 06:30 AM

Quote:

.......& Ken- Kennels- I just want to confirm that your name is Ken Do you think the '2 bergs' were on a cruise or just happened to be driving together?.....
Name is Kenn, I think it was just a coincidence that the two were on the highway at roughly the same time.

"And just like other cars Subaru's and SVX's do break down".
Got stuck south of Forbes 2 months ago and had to be rescued. 2nd trip down in as many weeks and the SVX turned a 15 hour trip into a 2 day one. So they do break down, just not as often as other makes do.

Kenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yellow 2.jpg (162.2 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg Yellow 1.jpg (151.4 KB, 207 views)
Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Maybe I am being a bit slow or missed some posts but where did that yellow SVX come from??? Was it the one for sale on carsales.com late last year in Sydney - someone called Brutus or something - Moshol spoke with him