Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 PM
guitarboy04

thanks svx playboy... that works out perfect then... i don't go to the states often but it is nice to know...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy04
i wouldn't be posting on here if i was looking for a skyline or a soarer... both very nice cars but not my style... too many rolling around town right now... no one here has an svx... and B3LHA i didn't realize just how nice that car was... thanx for pointing out those points... i'm still learning about these cars and i appreciate the praise...

I guess thats true. I see quite a few SVXii around here. But I have never seen a Skyline in person, and The closes thing to the Soarer around here is the IS400 and 300 but they dont have turbos.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 PM
guitarboy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I'll let you buy it provided you bring it to the 15th anniv. SVX meet next year
only thing is my svx will be sixteen then... the jap models started production in 1991... don't you think that would be weird, a sixteen year old car at a 15th anniversary... he he he...
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Your kidding right?

That car is a top-spec "Version L" 4 wheel steer model with a 3.70 VTD transmission. There are many differences compared to a USDM SVX.

Congratulations Nathan, looks like you've found a beautiful car.
No, not kidding. Those are minor differences... nice (especially 4WS), but minor. It isn't like a Euro spec E36 (I believe) M3 and the U.S. spec... where there are real significant performance differences.

It is a great deal if you can't find any local ones in that kind of shape (it would be kind of hard anywhere ) and you also like a RHD.

My '92 was about $11,000 US with 64,000 miles on it, and back in 1997. That was where market value was then, and the floor dropped out fast after that... started seeing ones with less miles for $7-8k. It seems those in real good shape held some value pretty well. Oh, many of the '92 model year SVXi would have been produced in '91... just like almost all cars are release the year before their actual model year. I'm pretty sure the placard in my door jam says it was manufactured 4/91.

Tom, wouldn't the Soarer be more like a SC300?

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 PM
terra2imports

Quote:
hi... i recently fell in love with the svx and am looking to purchase one... its a 1991 JDM (Japanese Domestic Market)... it has right hand drive and i absolutley love it... our local import shop is bringing it in for me... i'm just curious if everyone has been happy with their's? i would like to know about any major problems with these cars... and how readily available parts are, wherther or not subaru will repair them etc... any help on this matter would be great... its a big investment and i want all my bases covered before i go all the way... if anyone would like to look at it here is the link: http://www.terra2imports.ca/import-j...3363624254.htm

thank you

nathan cail
Hi Nathan,

Colin from Terra2 Imports here. I was checking our stats and notice a lot of visitors from this forum were coming to our site. Looks like a good SVX resource.

We're eager to import one of these Subaru Alcyone's into Canada as soon as they become eligible in September!

After seeing your post here about bringing this SVX in, I wanted to check with you and inquire if you had contacted us about it yet? I checked and haven't seen anything come through with your name on it and didn't want you to miss out if this is your dream car.

If you're not quite ready, don't worry about it as there is an entire country of Subaru Alcyone's waiting for you.

To check for new SVX's just follow this link:

Import a Subaru Alcyone (JDM Subaru SVX)

I'll be back here later I'm sure for more tech info. Thx guys
Old 07-20-2006, 05:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_Insanity8

Tom, wouldn't the Soarer be more like a SC300?

oops go my letters wrong. Sorry
Old 07-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
oops go my letters wrong. Sorry
Lol, I guess I'm worse... since I wasn't thinking and called you Tom instead of Mike. <smacks forehead>

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
Hi Nathan,

Colin from Terra2 Imports here. I was checking our stats and notice a lot of visitors from this forum were coming to our site. Looks like a good SVX resource.

We're eager to import one of these Subaru Alcyone's into Canada as soon as they become eligible in September!

After seeing your post here about bringing this SVX in, I wanted to check with you and inquire if you had contacted us about it yet? I checked and haven't seen anything come through with your name on it and didn't want you to miss out if this is your dream car.

If you're not quite ready, don't worry about it as there is an entire country of Subaru Alcyone's waiting for you.

Welcome to the forum board.Hopefully some member's intrests will bring you some importing buisness.
Now if only I had a large chunk of disposable income.....
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 07-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra2imports
Hi Nathan,

Welcome! Great to see someone taking an interest in the svx. Are you able to import new or used JDM Alcyone parts also?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hmm...Wonder if they have any new ones up for sale or not...Or even if the few they had sold yet...
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
hi... i recently fell in love with the svx and am looking to purchase one... its a 1991 JDM (Japanese Domestic Market)... it has right hand drive and i absolutley love it... our local import shop is bringing it in for me... i'm just curious if everyone has been happy with their's? i would like to know about any major problems with these cars... and how readily available parts are, wherther or not subaru will repair them etc... any help on this matter would be great... its a big investment and i want all my bases covered before i go all the way... if anyone would like to look at it here is the link: http://www.terra2imports.ca/import-j...3363624254.htm

thank you

nathan cail
Nathan
That looks to be a beautiful car. Go for it! is my advice.

My last SVX was a September 1991 car. It was Black over Claret, but not the top range model yours is. Your car has leather interior, ABS and Cruise, things mine did not have.

And my guess is the listed Kms on the clock means it has covered about 50,000 miles. In 15 years!! With service history. That car is worth every penny of the price.

And BTW. The glass tint in my Claret was green. Just like the glass in your black one. I could get no one to accept that glass came in any other colours except blue or bronze. I would like you guys to look at those pictures, and see if you think the glass tint is BLUE. No, I don't think so either, the glass is green.

My Black English model has glass that is probably what is called bronze, which I think of as smoke tint. I don't like it. It is not very dark, the glass is almost clear. The darker green tint on this JDM car is much better, suits the car very well.

Phil, do you think the glass in these pictures is blue?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl