Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
"STREET RACING IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

With that said.

I fell for the SVX when I still lived in Albuquerque.
I was driving around in the 91 Turbo Legacy we had... and Saw an
SVX (first time I saw one!)

I instantly fell in love with it..... then I got closer and saw it was a Subaru (DUBBLE LOVE!)

Needless to say... I lost a race that night LOL.

and that just made me want one more!

Now that I have one... Im glad i got it!

(btw... MY WHEELS ARE ON CORRECTLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!)

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 09-13-2004, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guard-TL-
Odepaj - "The only man alive who drives a "Subu SVS".......according to my insurance company"

The first insurance card I got for it said "Suba SUX"
Since i owned a supra before the SVX the insurance got screwed up and called at first a Toyota SVX, then a Subaru supra SV, then they called it subaru supra, and now after many calls they have finaly got it right, a subaru SVX ihave no idea how they got screwed up so many times.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Certified Porschephile

Alan I wish you still had your 928S4 and were thinking of selling it it 2-3 years! I'm still looking, but from afar as a new house comes first. I'll get one someday. I'd like to have another SVX some day. I like the Laguna Blue. I also like the grills on the 97's. Or maybe another 94 LSi, but it pearl white this time. Or maybe a black..... see I'm still infected!!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:54 AM

The first time I ever saw or heard of one, I was walking through the faculty parking lot at my high school. A techer had a mint and extremly clean red one. I fell in love the the exhaust also, as well as the little area right behind the back window where it says svx. I would park my car and walk the the parking lot every day, just to see if it was there. Well, I graduated and forgot about the svx, and then bought my camaro. Tne one day about a month before I was to be married, I saw one in a parking lot of a radio station. Made everyone get out with me and admire it. Since then, I haven't done anything but dream about owning one, and hopefully in January or February, I'll have one parked next to the camaro
Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

The first time I ever saw one I was playing Gran Tourismo 2 and wondering what the heck the Alcyone Race was. Well, After a little in game research, I found what I was looking for and just from the graphics on the game, the SVX looked smokin'.

Fast forward a year and a half to my accident. I was on my merry way delivering a pizza when I got into an accident. The other persons insurance paid for everything and one night while I was driving a rental, stopped in a used car lot trying to find my next vehicle. There she was, sitting under a blanket of snow. I recognized the tail lights and went up and scraped off the snow. There she sat, and the next day at 7:00AM, went back to dicsover that it was for sale. I bought it and never looked back.

My truck was good for hauling the friends and cargo. It also could climb hills in 2WD and was fun as hell to drift on the closeby dirt roads. But the SVX made a profound impact on my driving. I'm now more confident and can rail around some corners at 50 plus not having to worry about lost control. I love this car despite the many problems.

It will be a sad day when Bertha bites the dust. I just hope that when that day comes, I'll be able to find another Pearlie. I could go on and on, but you all know how it feels to drive the SVX and the attentions it brings.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 09-13-2004, 02:55 PM

when they debuted in a magazine, went ot drive one and almost bought a new Cherokee and then we said WTF! In 10 yrs we'll have a 10y.o. Jeep or one of these.

and taking the 1st entrance ramp, we were entranced.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Lost_Thought

I discovered this nifty piece of subie goodness playing Gran Turismo (i think i see a pattern here) my sister had just purchaced a 95 Legacy and i wanted to see what subau was all about, i see this car with a name i have never heard of the subaru Aylcone i get it and it becomes my winningest car in the game, this gets me to researching and becoming more and more intriegued with it. finally about a month ago i found and bought my green 95, and i can honestly say i have never been happier behind the wheel.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:44 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
I always loved the looks, but hated its specifications on paper. The fact that it was nearly 3600 lbs turned me off, since I was a "lightweight" car enthusiast most of my life (first car was a MkI MR2 NA...I also owned a 2k Celica GT-S and a '91 MR2 Turbo).

Then I went on an AWD craze and bought a '90 Talon TSi AWD, and later on a '94 Eclipse GSX.

After rolling over my GSX in a weather-induced accident over a snowy pass, I was "rescued" (sort of) by a lady who drove a brand new Legacy GT. I remember being so shaky right after the roll-over, but then for some reason feeling comfort and safe in that Legacy. We made it all the way out of the pass without a problem.

So I decided, my next car would be a Subaru, but I don't want a 4 door (WRX), and the '99 RS just didn't have enough "punch" for me... So I set my eyes back on the SVX and decided to test drive one... Let me tell ya, like my quote says, it's the most fun I have ever had in an automatic (all my cars were 5 speed [Celica 6 speed], but I've driven very many automatics, including Supra Turbos).

It's definitely earned my respect. The specifications don't tell the whole story, and anyone who has never driven one (even if they love the car as it is) don't really know what they're missing out on.

'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)
Old 09-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
my step-dad calls my car the little "Subapoop SUX", but it wont be in bad shape for long.......honest

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 09-14-2004, 09:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to wynndi Send a message via Yahoo to wynndi
Late '91, Devon Pa. I had an '86 XT Turbo and needed a uniwiper. Pulled into the dealer lot, spied a Pearlie, all decked out and practically drooled on it like Homer Simpson...aaaaaaggggghhhhhh.

Dealer opened it up and I remember being surrounded by the cockpit, DAMN!

Too much $$ for me at that time!!

Old 09-15-2004, 08:02 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Quote:
Originally posted by wynndi
Late '91, Devon Pa. I had an '86 XT Turbo and needed a uniwiper. Pulled into the dealer lot, spied a Pearlie, all decked out and practically drooled on it like Homer Simpson...aaaaaaggggghhhhhh.

Dealer opened it up and I remember being surrounded by the cockpit, DAMN!

Too much $$ for me at that time!!
In '91 I didn't even have a driver's license!

But I did have a tendency to drool over cars like ours.
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
Old 09-15-2004, 09:59 PM
THAWA

summer of 01, during summer school i saw the most wonderous car ever. a red svx. I had no clue what the hell it was. I didnt even know there was a difference between subarus and suzuki's! but ever since then I've been interested in em. I absolutely fell in love, it was only there for like 3-4 days but every day I saw it i wanted it more than the last. I still dont have one but very soon, I feel it!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA
summer of 01, during summer school i saw the most wonderous car ever. a red svx. I had no clue what the hell it was. I didnt even know there was a difference between subarus and suzuki's! but ever since then I've been interested in em. I absolutely fell in love, it was only there for like 3-4 days but every day I saw it i wanted it more than the last. I still dont have one but very soon, I feel it!
On that note, and to help the egos of those who do own red SVX's... Everytime I see one on the road, I wish mine was. For some reason, red SVX's almost look like a totally different car. The whole car being red shows off the lines in ways that the other colors couldn't really pull it off.

Don't get me wrong, I love all SVX's, and I'm happy with mine (silver with black top), but there's just something about the red ones... They're, sexy.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Lost_Thought

Quote:
my step-dad calls my car the little "Subapoop SUX", but it wont be in bad shape for long.......honest
Your dad must be a fordaphile.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Certified Porschephile

And that would be a crime!