Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
I spotted Myetball sitting at a red light at the corner of 151 and Potranco today right around 4:30-5ish. I tried to get a picture with my moms camera phone but only got the front of his car. To bad I dont have my new MAF sensor yet or I probably would have been driving the SVX and it would have been alittle mini-meet .

Dustin

DOH! Hard to keep a low profile driving the banana mobile. What were you driving?

Good news on the horizon...we close on our house next month so I'll finally have a garage. My turbo Grand Am gets a new motor installed first...then the SVX is going up on jack stands for a major rework.

The yellow paint is coming off and it's going back to ebony metallic. A set of Konig 18's is going on as well as some other goodies.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball
DOH! Hard to keep a low profile driving the banana mobile. What were you driving?

Good news on the horizon...we close on our house next month so I'll finally have a garage. My turbo Grand Am gets a new motor installed first...then the SVX is going up on jack stands for a major rework.

The yellow paint is coming off and it's going back to ebony metallic. A set of Konig 18's is going on as well as some other goodies.
I was pimpin' the mini-van, a dark red Ford Windstar.

My SVX has been up on stands for the past 2 weeks almost. I took the calipers off to paint them but when I put them back on and started to bleed the fronts(after I already bled the rears), the bleeder valve on the drivers side caliper locked up , but now is a good time for my car to be out of commision, gas prices are up to $2.19/gallon and my MAF sensor is dying so I get like 10mpg.

After I get the SVX driving again we should meet up somewhere and exchange #'s or something. Me and dengue (skip) have been trying to get all the S.A. SVXer's together at one spot for some pictures.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 03-29-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:45 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
yeah! what he said!

Skip
Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Bump..........Just sitting here in ISS at school and trying to waste time. I really miss driving the SVX I was hoping to have my MAF sensor by now.

dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM

what's the hold up on the MAF?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Heard back from the guy today, the MAF will be shipped out this week. Also ordered a new lockset for my car cause my key only works in the ignition. So that should be coming in about the same time as my MAF w/intake.

On another note, I spotted Myetball again. This time on 410 (I was on the on-ramp when he passed me by) I tried to catch up but there was some traffic and he got off to go towards Ingram Mall. To bad my poor SVX is still undriveable. Someone needs to spot me driving around. Skip, I forgot to tell you earlier but that ebony you saw on Bandera awhile back wasnt my car, I asked my mom about it (she was driving it that day) and she said she was on 151 around that time. So maybe there is 3 of us ebony's in town (4 after myetball repaints the yellow).

dustin

My Locker

Last edited by odepaj; 04-03-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:54 PM

man, we're all over this city.....

too bad most of the owners seem to be snooty jerks....
Old 04-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengue
man, we're all over this city.....

too bad most of the owners seem to be snooty jerks....

So true. I should have my car back on the road after this weekend so we should try and get some more multiple SVX pictures.

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-05-2005, 05:18 PM

my girlfriend is out of town this weekend (so naturally I have to attend some 8 hour crap mandatory safety class at work) but that's just saturday, and it will be all overtime.... TONS of overtime nearly 37 hours last week....

anyhoo, she may be out of town through the next weekend also....but I don't know yet... but I'm free to do as I please at least through the middle of next week...

Skip
Old 04-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I wrote a pretty long post earlier but the internet signed me off before i finished so im just gonna cover the basics. I was up at north park today to get my bleeder valve and saw a '95 Polo SVX sitting there also. I talked to the owner alittle and it turns out hes on here but hasent had the time to get on here for awhile. So we chatted and exchanged #'s and then i left. Later in the day while looking in the Auto Mart magazine I saw a '95 Brilliant Red SVX for $4,900. I went to go look at it (at like 9 at night) but they didnt have it sitting out so i left. It seems like since my ebony is out of commision ive been seeing SVX's everywhere, its a sign that my baby misses being driven .

dustin

My Locker

Last edited by odepaj; 05-15-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I spotted a Skip today. The SVX is looking good man, wish I could be driving mine around, you actually would have spotted me in mine if I had my MAF sensor (still waiting for it). When I get my ebony on the road again all the S.A. SVXers NEED to have a meet!!

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-16-2005, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
I spotted a Skip today. The SVX is looking good man, wish I could be driving mine around, you actually would have spotted me in mine if I had my MAF sensor (still waiting for it). When I get my ebony on the road again all the S.A. SVXers NEED to have a meet!!

dustin
Indeed! you looked kinda suprised to see me....

I'm glad you spotted me though, I'm curious, could you hear my stereo from that far away? (I still don't have a good idea of how irritating it is to my fellow motorists...)

Skip
Old 04-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I was pretty suprised, I could see you come up out of the corner of my eye and I was thinking "hey, that looks like an SVX" and I looked over and it was, I knew it was you from the painted waterfall. I couldnt hear the radio though.

I got my new bleeder valve put in and re-bled the entire system over again just to be sure, and now my SVX is road-worthy again (still takes me awhile to get up to speed though, but atleast now I can slow back down from being up to speed ) Hopfully ill get my MAF sensor soon, then I gotta get a new alternator again and ill be driving the SVX alot more (then maybe someone will spot me driving)

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Well I tried to take my car to get some gas, got about 200ft from my house and the car died. My damn alternator is dying again, so im going up to Napa tomorrow hopefully. It would be nice to have a new MAF sensor also, but im not really expecting anything from that guy though (probably the last time i buy anything off the net). Im just ranting right now so im gonna go before I start offending people.

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

The Bananamobile is off the road. Blew out a swaybar bushing. Fed up with the cheapo stock bushings and ordered a set of energy suspension bushings from Energysuspensionparts.com

Not bad, $20 shipped w/tax. They're just south of Dallas so tax applies. Search on part # 91522.