SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 05:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Questions:

Should we put put out an official quarterly magazine/newsletter and should we charge dues to cover expenses.
After reading up on some of the Italian car clubs and talking to my boss bill about the Jaguar Club and other guys at work about Porsche & Miata clubs, I am leaning to the 'yes' side of the answer to both questions. I think that we need a more formalized structure if we are ever to be recognized by other automotive groups and/or Subaru.

I started this thread in the hope of evoking some serious discussion about this issue.
I hope evryone responds with their opinions.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:58 AM

I'd pay dues to help cover expenses (not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket).

A periodical might be interesting. Who would do the work?

dcb
Old 08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Mr. Inappropriate

One of the other forums I'm a member of started asking for donations a while back. Was pretty successful. It allows those that can afford it pay while those that are strapped for cash can remain active members.

Newsletter/Periodical would be cool. Have featured rides, tech advice, featured mods, etc.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I would pay dues too. I work at a CVS part time cuz im in school and make like 150 bucks a week but i'd still do it . I think a newsletter would be an awesome idea.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I've been waiting for a formal club!!! Have been lax in paying dues myself but figure I help out in other ways. Love the newsletter idea as well. Every other club seems to do it too.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
For more

I'd be willing to pay if it included more then just a news letter. If we broke it up into local groups and each took part of the dews to hold a local meet with an autocross of something like that at a track it would rock.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:17 PM
godspeed94

Count me in! It would be cool to read a news letter. You should have donations from svx business to want to put an ad to sell their products like motorsport, small car performance ect... Also Put info on group buys, tech tips, new mods and upgrades. Monthly info on readers rides and profiles.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Peach

I'm keepin mine

I think more organization would be great. As a newbie all I know is I did'nt know this site even existed untill after I bought a SVX. I bought the car because I love Subie 's this site was a cool perk! The problem is I don't know who originated this site, when, why or who. The vast majority of new users don't have a clue, either do I. I do have original black SVX CLUB. COM stickers someone gave me and I think this is a newer version of it. Anyway, I love my car it's expensive in between break downs but untill I go broke or someone runs over me, I will keep it. Therefore I would be glad to pay my dues, "aslong as they aren't much" because i'm cheap. So what's the story SVX, and don't tell me to look in "search"
Old 08-22-2004, 06:33 AM
JackieBeans

Thumbs up subi club. .

Yeah, that would be cool. . . Another resource to network with people we already talk to, read posts from, and beyond. I would gladly pay dues to be part of such a fraternal group, and probably take more stock in getting together to a meet than I do now. You know skin in the game, and all. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, and when I had the chance to invest a little money into one, I did it, even though at the time I was in a cash crunch. But the point is - I fell in love with the car the first time I drove it. If you get the interest, I can help in putting together mambership database, some help with a web Site, etc. . . Contact off line, and we can talk. Don't know how far into the idea, or resources for material that you have.

beansie
Old 08-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Superbeast

Not a bad idea. I wonder thoe would the dues pay for just the news letter or would it be intended to support the site too.?

I would imagine printing a news letter for how ever many members we have here would be a bit pricey, but if we just worked it out in a way like you pay you get the news letter or if you just want to support the network or both.

Set it up like a yearly payment. That would work.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 AM
ehyde111

Thumbs up

Yes, I would pay dues and a newsletter would be great.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:03 PM

I know I'm new also, but I have some ideas as well. I've seen sites that are sponsored by parts sites specific to the car, a vender specific section in the forum, or a paypal donation link at the bottom of the site. Also, for a newsletter, all we'd have to do is write it up, print it off a computer and take it somewhere like a copymax or kinkos or something. Would it also be benefitial to start a seperate thread specific to throwing around ideas for the newsletter so that we wouldn't have to sort through clutter and the sort? Just had an idea that I've seen when it comes to other cars (my rx-7). Somebody could write up a new svx buyers guide. What to look for when you're interested in getting one, certain things to check out under the hood, noises, smells, etc. I know I'm going to be asking a lot of questions when I get back from Saudi and have the money to purchase one. (On a side note- am I crazy? I think about these cars almost all the time everyday.) That's all I have right now. I'll drop more ideas if I come up with anymore in the future.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I would imagine printing a news letter for how ever many members we have here would be a bit pricey, but if we just worked it out in a way like you pay you get the news letter or if you just want to support the network or both.
Who says whe need to print the newsletters out. Just distribute them in PDF format.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Green1995SVX

I dont think printing them would be that costly. It's like REALLY cheap to get stuff done at Kinkos these days.

Mike
Old 08-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Green1995SVX

I would pay dues too.