IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

no, i don't think it was a 'scam', but i think that if you arrange this sort of thing, you should be prepared to be responsible for undelivered goods.
Precisely why businesses charge extra for parts orders like this. It would be one thing if Lwin kept the money, but I know he sent it to Japan. No one would have ordered from Lwin if he charged the same price as others. Its like buying a car from a private seller as opposed to a dealer. You are taking a chance at having a bad transaction to save some business markup.

Quote:

it wasn't a huge sum of money, either. what really pisses me off, though, are the LIES. i was MORE than patient.
"i'll send the money _____"
"my PayPal must be screwed up, i'll send it _____"
etc.
only after i resorted to threats (promises) did i get him to get off his ass and actually take some sort of action.
Without seeing the PM's, I cannot comment directly. I can generally say that his Paypal was disconnected from his bank account sometime this spring when he and I did some business and he couldn't get the money withdrawn I sent him. Also, I doubt there are many people here who have never told a creditor "The check's in the mail" to avoid the immediate reaction from saying "I don't have the money".

Quote:

i know he's unemployed - if he didn't HAVE the money, he could have told me and i would have understood.
Based on some of the posts I have read from you in the past (many of them on the same side of the argument as me) I have to be honest and say I don't believe you would have understood.

Quote:
i know for a fact if i needed to return money to a member of this site, i would make an effort to do it.
You are by far in the minority. I have had to beg some people on this board multiple times over a year's time to obtain payment owed to me.

Quote:

and the amount was $240 Lwin, not $230.
This part I know nothing about, I cannot comment.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ah, I can feel the luuuuuvvvv.

Sorry, I'm in too good a mood today to join this one. Carry on, guys. <Exit! Stage Right!>
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX

Thanks Lanshark... I am sure everyone had what they wanted from JDM... or not, but good job in costing us hundreds of dollars in whatever it takes to get that stuff, over something that was out of Lwins hands...

Again, I applaud your selfishness... patience is a virtue, one you apparently dont have. And I dont want to hear crap about "it was supposed to be here in march". If he says hes working on it, let him work on it, these things take time.

Respond all you want to me here, I wont be reading this thread after this.
i don't remember asking for your 2 cents, but you're welcome. yes you'll save hundreds, but you'll wait seven months and get nothing. sounds like a good deal?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-09-2003, 04:22 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I got nothing and I loose 250 of my own money. Does that sound like a good deal as well?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
I got nothing and I loose 250 of my own money. Does that sound like a good deal as well?
then we have both learned a lesson: do not organize group buys if you can't be responsible for the money in case something goes wrong. any shipping company these days has internet tracking. you told me back in April that there was a problem with the order, why didn't you check it out then. remember, i sent that money to YOU. you took on the responsibility of taking peoples money and placing the order.

i don't think you are a bad person or had any evil intentions, but i DO think you are irresponsible.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
Also, I doubt there are many people here who have never told a creditor "The check's in the mail" to avoid the immediate reaction from saying "I don't have the money".
uh, yeah. it doesn't work for 3 months. i must be the most patient and idiotic creditor around.

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds Based on some of the posts I have read from you in the past (many of them on the same side of the argument as me) I have to be honest and say I don't believe you would have understood.
i waited for parts from the end of March until July, and then waited for a refund until now. what exactly makes me appear to be a person who wouldn't understand? i was nice up until the very end. i got nasty once, then apologised, because i had just quit smoking and my grandmother had passed away. still he blew me off. i wasn't even nasty then - i just sent a PM telling him exactly what i was going to do if i didn't get my money by Saturday. i've had enough.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:48 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
then we have both learned a lesson: do not organize group buys if you can't be responsible for the money in case something goes wrong.
That's the lesson I've learnt. The lesson you should have learnt is that Group Buys are there to bring the cost down. The person organizing the process is not a shop. In future, you should not get involved in group buys and pay marked up prices.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: just bad luck

i'd have to say that this is quite unfortunate. i can see the points from both sides and it looks pretty bad.

i can understand landshark from the piss poor service i've received from some vendors and orders from the internet (non-suby related). send money for an order, getting nothing, and fighting to get my money back.

but i can also see from lwin's point. he was trying to help out the network and didn't make a buck out of it. he organized the whole thing, collected every dollar needed to complete the order to japan, and try to track those packages for those who may have gotten their's late (all of which takes alot of personal time and effort).

international shipments are a pain sometimes, because they can get lost fairly easily. it's happened to me before sending stuff to hong kong, malaysia, etc.

i don't believe that either's in fault or i guess both should be at fault. i guess lwin could have either charged more for a handling fee (profit from the buy which i would pay because of all the time and effort he put in) so he could cover the costs of his time or explicitly state that he is not responsible for any lost merchandise in shipping since it's a free service. buy at your own risk. lwin will do whatever is in his power to help, but that is all. no out of his own pocket refunds.

or landshark could have asked 'what happens if i don't get my parts?' or 'what happens if the shipment gets lost?'. lwin would have explained that a lost shipment is out of his control and landshark would have a choice of whether to partake in the group buy or not. if he did, he knew the risks.

i've taken to using fedex for international shipments. never had a problem. pay more, expect more. hell i don't even use the postal service for domestic shipments, although i hear they've gotten better.

sorry that this happened to 2 fine members of the network

Last edited by Noir; 09-09-2003 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Hater

Re: re: just bad luck

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
sorry that this happened to 2 fine members of the network
i am, too.

again, i must reiterate that the length of time i gave Lwin to make good was WAY longer than i would have given to anyone. he was talking about people being angry with the last group buy about stuff being a few weeks late. WEEKS! that means i would have had my stuff back in April!

if someone says they will refund your money, and when they say they are sending it today and then you get nothing for weeks, what do you do? ask again, and same thing over and over?

FWIW, i did not want this to be a public spectacle (Lwin brought it to this, that was a last resort for me), so for those saying that i'm out of line, and i'm 'not cool', you should stay out of it. you don't know the facts.

i'm really tired of this, so hopefully Lwin will keep to his word and i can put this mess behind me.

Old 09-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: re: just bad luck

Quote:

you don't know the facts.

And don't need to. Now that you've vented, Lwin has 'fessed up, you guys keep it amongst yourselves.

The fact is that MOST of us have had fair dealings with Lwin. I should hope that ONE negative feedback on e-bay would not totally condemn that person, especially in a sea of positives.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Closed Thread