Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports

Old 12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Straight line performance

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading that little piece of discussion
So, if I read Ben's comments correctly, all I have to do is get Racer X into the high13s
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-24-2008, 05:28 PM

I recently did a 16.25 in a bone stock auto, dynoed at 107kw atw running 235/45/17 tyres apparently they are slightly bigger than stock and my reaction time was bad so i can improve one day

cam
Old 12-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
I have to say that I really enjoyed reading that little piece of discussion
So, if I read Ben's comments correctly, all I have to do is get Racer X into the high13s
-Bill

AND HAVE IT SOLO 1 PREPARED LEGAL! SORRY ROCKET BOY, YOU DON'T COMPLY NOW!
, Tire sizing, make that intake proper, sorry no chip mapping need apply, got your 10 point, got a log book, got your burn suit, got your legal seat, etc., etc., etc., etc. and most importably got your driver able to avoid that brick wall!. Better get to work on the car rather than that part time job to pay for it. Merry Christmas Bill!

The car will be back this year in the climbing seen OR it will be going to someone who will ensure it continues on its current path! I won't let a car sit for more than a year, will you Wally?
Old 12-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post

AND HAVE IT SOLO 1 PREPARED LEGAL! SORRY ROCKET BOY, YOU DON'T COMPLY NOW!
, Tire sizing, make that intake proper, sorry no chip mapping need apply, got your 10 point, got a log book, got your burn suit, got your legal seat, etc., etc., etc., etc. and most importably got your driver able to avoid that brick wall!. Better get to work on the car rather than that part time job to pay for it. Merry Christmas Bill!

The car will be back this year in the climbing seen OR it will be going to someone who will ensure it continues on its current path! I won't let a car sit for more than a year, will you Wally?

Funny you should bring that up, Ben. I'm thinking that it won't take much to make the SVreX street legal (I actually have the title for it!). Just got a "worked" valve body from NeedforSpeed, so I'm thinking the 'reX is the car to take the NA/auto 1/4 mile time record away from BudFreak
-Bill
p.s. what, exactly, do you think RacerX wouldn't comply with for FP? (too lazy right now to check the SCCA rule book)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Funny you should bring that up, Ben. I'm thinking that it won't take much to make the SVreX street legal (I actually have the title for it!). Just got a "worked" valve body from NeedforSpeed, so I'm thinking the 'reX is the car to take the NA/auto 1/4 mile time record away from BudFreak
-Bill
p.s. what, exactly, do you think RacerX wouldn't comply with for FP? (too lazy right now to check the SCCA rule book)
Street legal is a joke as there is nothing on our car aside from the lack of seatbelts, no lightbulbs and non dot tires that isn't street legal. Emissions it wouldn't pass as it doesn't have the factory cats on it but of course that is a $500 pay your annual waiver fee. There are plenty of street legal SVXi out there that wouldn't pay our version PAs emissions and annual inspection. Good you have the title as you'll need it.

As for not being FP I listed a few for ya, however you're confusing yourself even more, FP be Solo 2, not solo 1. Solo 1 is a whole different classing and rule system. The Solo 1 rule book was like a 150 page download just for the car classes and rules! Chipping, remapping and getto size wheels and tires are left too the street classes. Remember we will be running a 4 speed manual dictated by the rules not allowing for more gears than was OEM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Take it with a grain of salt:

Dynolicious (which has ALWAYS posted slower than actual times) timed me at a 14.93 @ 92.8mph in my '95!!

I'm not saying I think I ran faster than that, but I would bet money on me running atleast a real 14.9!

Was also on a full tank of gas.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg

There's a 12.679 with a 75 shot posted on dragtimes.com.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-SVX-Timeslip-16061.html
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

It's Nate the Hate and it is a lie.....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Ciphus
SVX Straight line performance

When I type a reply or post a new thread all of the characters go in a straight line and dont appear in page form until it is posted. This is making is really difficult to read and edit my posts. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciphus View Post
When I type a reply or post a new thread all of the characters go in a straight line and dont appear in page form until it is posted. This is making is really difficult to read and edit my posts. Is there a way to fix this?
I thinkyou have the wrong thread to be asking this. I'd help but I"m confused as to exactly what you are asking. Maybe your question does make more sense than I'm seeing and I"m just tired from having just gotten home from work.

I"ll try to break the NA stock auto record if I get the Hydra in a set this summer. Local drags are less than 15mins from my house. Last year I finally took the car down and with no spare, full tank, and no junk in the car weighing in a 3720lbs I hit my best time on my second run with.... umm... where did I put those slips?! Oh well I think it's in my sig but it was 16 flat(I think it was exactly 16.002) @ I beleive 86.xxMPH.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Copy pasting from another forum I'm on. I was using a HP calculator site and that's what the HP numbers listed are from according to the calculator.

Run1(horrible I might add)
1/4 19.719 at 89.02mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 96 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 205 horsepower

Run2(best of the night)
1/4 16.005 at 88.54mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 179 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 202 horsepower

Run3(vs a vette with a slipping clutch that did 17.007 LOL)
1/4 16.128 at 88.59mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 175 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 202 horsepower

Run4(last of the night
1/4 16.165 at 88.4mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 174 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 201 horsepower
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-23-2009, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg

How about an updated list? Maybe you can slip my 14.088 on it. lol. Kind of sad for a S/C 6-speed. I need to get back to the track when it cools down, now that I have a better tune.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T

+1 for an updated list. I have high hopes for my cars times, I guess cause hoping is an easy thing to do when your engine is in 50 pieces in the garage
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciphus View Post
Ciphus, I had a look at your account at Admin level. I can't see anything unusual about it.

I use the Network vBulletin 3 style on the bottom of the page. There are a number of different forum styles or "skins" that can be used.

Just out of interest, which one are you using?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Quote:
PoweredX2: 13.2 with 3.70 auto FWD and nitrous(Nitrous & FWD SVX record)

Budfreak: 14.9 with 4.44 auto N/A(4.44 auto N/A SVX record)
Not sure why I have not been busy trying to erase both of these records this year. Haven't been to the track at all. Especially Budfreak's time since I do not have nitrous on the SVX. Gawd, I annoy myself. Maybe I'll take off the 19's and have at it again. Kinda annoying no-one has beat this time yet.

Has anyone had any success yet?
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: