SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2017, 10:38 AM
H6 Fanatic

Registered SVX
Project Berserker

I have been perusing eBay quite a lot over the past several months, acquiring parts for my SVX; some necessary, some not so necessary:

But that's not what this thread is about. My SVX will be tucked away, safe from the elements and especially the road salt for the winter. Since I still need to get to work and such, I've been keeping an eye out for an older Legacy. Well...

I found it on CL about 20 minutes from my house.
It's a 1995 Impreza L Coupe, with AWD and a 5 speed from the factory! Curb weight is 2605 lbs and you can definitely tell. It handles pretty damn amazing for stock suspension and winter tires. Plus no pesky OBDII to interfere with my plans...

Right now I'm loving the car, even though the 1.8l engine is the Slowest. Thing. Ever. Unfortunately I can't stand the gearing of the 3.90 trans, it just doesn't feel right. Huge gap between 1st and 2nd, but 2nd and 3rd are extremely close. And on the highway the motor is actually spinning faster than the 4.111 in my SVX.

So I've got a lead on a 4.111 from a 2000's Outback as well as a recently rebuilt phase 1 EZ30. My intention is to get both into the car before the snow flies, but we'll see. I'll start with that, get it running well and buttoned up. Given the chassis weight, it should be extremely quick. Next year I will hopefully have saved up enough to rebuild the engine with forged internals for some delicious forced induction! But first things first...

She's a little rusty underneath(understatement) and when I got it there was an old tube sock ziptied to the MAF sensor for a filter, wish I had pics of that! Anyway I scored some cheap H6 brakes and newer Impreza suspension for it. I believe all I need to do is redrill the rear strut mounts and I'm golden. I'll hopefully be tackling that this weekend, and then the real fun begins!

1993 Legacy sedan : winter beater, supposedly.
1994 Legacy wagon : future drift car?
1995 Impreza coupe : EZ30++, daily racecar.
1997 Legacy GT : date night rocket?
2003 WRX : future winter beater

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: