Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok, just got back to my house..... what a looooooooooooooooong day yesterday I had an awsome time just hanging out with you guys and learning alot from the guys who know this sport much better than I. Chris, I have gotten bit by the auto-x bug but I can never leave my drag racing roots. Like I saw in my driving at the event, I couldn't get the idea out of my head...If you push it harder, the faster you go... Finally I broke down and took it nice on my final run and ran a complimenting 49.5 which is not great but pretty good for a novice driver on 400treadwear street tires. I am very happy with the way to car performed but the tires seemed to let me down the most. I thuroughly enjoyed myself and was well worth the trip. Thnaks again to everyone who came out it was a blast!! Cool pics too btw

Tom
Old 09-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Harry,
you have to go to you locker and double click on the image you want to insert in your post. "Copy" the url for the image (http://www.subaru-svx.net....) and then click on the little square icon in the "Reply to Thread" window that looks like a yellow square with a mountain in it (it will say "insert image" when you run your cursor over it). Then you just "Paste" the url into the window that pops up.

Heat One Grid -- Ben and Dave's Race Car, Harry's Clean '97, Chike's, Bill's Bill-Stock Dominator

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Harry,
I took another one of your pics and cropped it a little...
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I saw 20 more pop up when Dave and I smoked your times.
Ben,
Remind me to bring a 800 lb. block of granite to put in your car next time
-Bill

p.s. Harry - try PM'ing David about putting your videos on his SVX site (I think he's in the process of moving right now, so it might be a couple of days before he gets his server back up and running). I'm hoping I'm in at least one video - I think I was probably a little farther off of the cones than I'd like to have been...
p.p.s I've got an email in to the guy who ran timing (who also happens to be the guy that co-drove my car) to find out when the results will be posted.

My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Yep... .Looks like youguys really did have a blast!!! Can anyone tell me if Tom Hoppe was there in the STi that I posted a pic of earler in the thread??? If so, what was his fastest time?? Thanks guiys

I can't wait till the Maggie Valley Challenge!!!! We are getting SVXi into the Subaru Challenge and showing people that out cars are very capeable Awesome!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Very funneh Bill! I was checking the black heat shield stuff you wrapped around your intake piping...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Yep... .Looks like youguys really did have a blast!!! Can anyone tell me if Tom Hoppe was there in the STi that I posted a pic of earler in the thread??? If so, what was his fastest time?? Thanks guiys

I can't wait till the Maggie Valley Challenge!!!! We are getting SVXi into the Subaru Challenge and showing people that out cars are very capeable Awesome!!!
Yeah, like I can tell the difference between the see of Dodge Shadow wanna bes. There we 2 or similar looking Shadows there. Fastest time of the day would've been in the mid to upper 42s I think so if he was there and running I'd suspect in the high 42s low 43s. I didn't hear anybody by that name get a trophy though but I really didn't pay too much attention. Honestly, I don't think 99% of the not so imprezive folk care about the SVX as they aren't brand loyalists to begin with. They'll jump ship when the Impreza is no longer the cool thing to have just as the GTI drivers left VW in 85, SE-2 drivers left Nissan and early Neon drivers left Dodge. As for Subaru I don't think they cared too much either about an old car they no longer sell. Only real comment was from one of the WDCSCCA announcers who said she loved the way the n/a boxer sounds when the racer was out on the track. I think SVXfiles picked up on that one.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:17 PM

Hopefully youguys got plenty of VIDEO I am gonna take some at the Maggie Valley Challenge and cut together a video

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
*snip* As for Subaru I don't think they cared too much either about an old car they no longer sell. Only real comment was from one of the WDCSCCA announcers who said she loved the way the n/a boxer sounds when the racer was out on the track. I think SVXfiles picked up on that one.
Ben,
Agreed! Hey, I did actually have a conversation about the SVX with one of the Subaru reps manning one of the tents - he talked about when the SVX first came out and how all the mechanics complained about the windows and how hard it was going to be to replace them and the window regulators. He said he has yet to come across a Subaru dealership mechanic who's had to replace a regulator! He also said he's always wanted to buy a SVX....
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 06:31 PM

So.... When will the results be up???

Old 09-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
So.... When will the results be up???
Chris,
I'm working on finding out when...my guess is sometime Monday.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 06:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to homemade wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Were you the azzhole who walked past my car and asked if my wheels were from an RX-7 and laughed?!

-Chike
no...I was the one talking about svx's...with 3 svx guys...
that completely gutted racecar one was sweet once the engine got warm....everything sealed up, throttle response seemed to get better and it stopped burning oil...oh how I would love to see that built up NA
Old 09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade wrx
no...I was the one talking about svx's...with 3 svx guys...
that completely gutted racecar one was sweet once the engine got warm....everything sealed up, throttle response seemed to get better and it stopped burning oil...oh how I would love to see that built up NA
Yup, the racecar sounded and looked awesome tearing up the track the way it did.

As I'll probably be holding onto my SVX for another 2-3 years, you should start seeing big progress on the n/a side (especially once ecutune releases the stage 2v4 for the obdii SVXi).

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 09-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Yup, the racecar sounded and looked awesome tearing up the track the way it did.

As I'll probably be holding onto my SVX for another 2-3 years, you should start seeing big progress on the n/a side (especially once ecutune releases the stage 2v4 for the obdii SVXi).

-Chike
Chike,
Have I mentioned what the SCCA rules allow you to do to a car and still be in ESP?
-Bill (now, where did I put those light weight seats....)

My Locker
Old 09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Results!

Okay, I haven't even gone to the sites yet....wanted to post this info ASAP
-Bill

*Final results from the event:*
http://home.comcast.net/~verve98/200...lenge_fin_.htm

*Final PAX results from the event:*
http://home.comcast.net/~verve98/200...lenge_pax_.htm

*Final Subaru Challenge results:*
http://home.comcast.net/~verve98/fin...lenge_fin_.htm

*Final Subaru Challenge PAX results:*
http://home.comcast.net/~verve98/fin...lenge_pax_.htm

My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 09-18-2005 at 09:33 PM.