SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Just have to contact the event organizers to make sure that I am still registered (my name is still on the list).... If I am then I will most likely make it out there... Probably be sleeping in the car though as I won't have the $$$ to reserve a room.... I'll have the Girlfriend with me mostlikley (she likes riding along at AutoX's ).... She's my "Camera Mount"
She won't be riding along there. It says in the rules no passengers except instrutors which is becoming more common it seems for insurance reasons.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ben,
I agree...the Cumberland folks won't allow riders (okay, so I pulled a fast one on them and got one run in with my wife in the passenger's seat....still think my time on that run was faster than Dave's ). The SCCA folks at FedEx still allow riders, they just have to sign a waiver ahead of time.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to homemade wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
She won't be riding along there. It says in the rules no passengers except instrutors which is becoming more common it seems for insurance reasons.
that is a new rule, I have been to both subaru challenges, 03 and 04 and always have passengers as my "camera mounts"
Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade wrx
that is a new rule, I have been to both subaru challenges, 03 and 04 and always have passengers as my "camera mounts"
Like Ben said, it's an insurance issue...some events just don't want to pay the extra $$ to cover passengers (other than instructors)
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to homemade wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Like Ben said, it's an insurance issue...some events just don't want to pay the extra $$ to cover passengers (other than instructors)
-Bill
yeah, I understand that...just kind of a bummer...oh well

and I was wondering what svx was in SM...tom
Old 09-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
That would be me...

Tom
Old 09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade wrx
Yep.... This is what I did last year.... I'll see if I make it up there if she can ride along since she rode last year at Atlanta.... Who knows... They told me no riders last year, but everyone and their mother was riding... So I just told my girlfriend to get in and she must have ridden over 5 times (Including the Super Star Challenge)

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
That would be me...

Tom
And me

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Yep.... This is what I did last year.... I'll see if I make it up there if she can ride along since she rode last year at Atlanta.... Who knows... They told me no riders last year, but everyone and their mother was riding... So I just told my girlfriend to get in and she must have ridden over 5 times (Including the Super Star Challenge)

She ain't that bright is she there crash? Don't know if I'd ride with ya, with light posts and all!
Old 09-10-2005, 04:36 PM

It looks like we're now a 3 driver car. A fellow Susquehanna SCCA member will be driving it in E Mod as they'll let him drive it there since he's the 3rd driver for the car. Better watch out there Bill, he's a much better driver than Dave and I. I'll bet he posts a time at least 2 seconds ahead of each of us. Translation, he'll be about 6 seconds ahead of the Billstockmobile and hopefully he'll be in the hunt for the fastest time of the day. .
Old 09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
It looks like we're now a 3 driver car. A fellow Susquehanna SCCA member will be driving it in E Mod as they'll let him drive it there since he's the 3rd driver for the car. Better watch out there Bill, he's a much better driver than Dave and I. I'll bet he posts a time at least 2 seconds ahead of each of us. Translation, he'll be about 6 seconds ahead of the Billstockmobile and hopefully he'll be in the hunt for the fastest time of the day. .
Ben,
Damn! Good job getting him to come along! Maybe I should let him do a run with my car just to see what he thinks (and to see how fast my car actually is with a really good driver behind the wheel ). Do you have new tires on the racecar now? I can bring my sprayer if you think you'll need two sprayers' worth to keep your tires from getting greasy.
-Bill (really starting to look forward to the 17th! )
p.s. did you get the email from the organizers saying how they're going to feed us lunch after the first heat?

My Locker
Old 09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I wil also have 3 drivers, me myself and I will all be racing the car. I am freakin excited to get down there and run!!

Tom
Old 09-11-2005, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Damn! Good job getting him to come along! Maybe I should let him do a run with my car just to see what he thinks (and to see how fast my car actually is with a really good driver behind the wheel ). Do you have new tires on the racecar now? I can bring my sprayer if you think you'll need two sprayers' worth to keep your tires from getting greasy.
-Bill (really starting to look forward to the 17th! )
p.s. did you get the email from the organizers saying how they're going to feed us lunch after the first heat?
He was searching for a co-driver a while back. I posted about it and nobody agreed. I think out of being embarrassed by him (which I know he'll do to me but I'm secure with my manhood ). I know he'd be up for driving anybodys car he just wanted to go. The best part about it is IMO is to find out how good you need to get rather than the $$$ you need to put into the car.

We have "new" 2001 same side V700s on the front now. Yours on the rear so she's shoed and ready to go. STAY AWAY from my dirt track hoosiers I'm bidding on now. Those are mine!!! Tires are staying cool enough with our sprayer. Haven't really been an issue to date.

Too bad you gotta leave so early, better hope they let you run in the morning!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Alright guys, definitly out now...... sorry... I've only been scheduled for 15 hours this week.... That means that I am gonna have to work damn near 40 hours just to make enough to pay for rent... Not to mention I just had the Altornator fail .... Gonna take alittle time to get as much of the issues sorted out that I can...

I will catch some of ya at the Maggie Valley challenge on October 1st... See youguys there!!

Old 09-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
He was searching for a co-driver a while back. I posted about it and nobody agreed. I think out of being embarrassed by him (which I know he'll do to me but I'm secure with my manhood ). I know he'd be up for driving anybodys car he just wanted to go. The best part about it is IMO is to find out how good you need to get rather than the $$$ you need to put into the car.

We have "new" 2001 same side V700s on the front now. Yours on the rear so she's shoed and ready to go. STAY AWAY from my dirt track hoosiers I'm bidding on now. Those are mine!!! Tires are staying cool enough with our sprayer. Haven't really been an issue to date.

Too bad you gotta leave so early, better hope they let you run in the morning!
Ben,
Couldn't agree more about having an experienced driver really show you what your car is capable of! The way I see it now, next season will be my first true season of just driving and not doing anything to the car (or cars - assuming Paul ever responds to my last PM about SVreX ). Looks like they'll be some "minor" off-season work to plant the car firmly in ESP for next year, then just start driving tires off of it!
Yeah, I saw those Dirt Track Hoosiers They're all yours!
Looks like I'll be able to stick around most of the day on Saturday, as the girls both have soccer games and I'll bring Austin with me Guess I'll have to see how much tire smoke I can generate if they have any tight sweepers
-Bill
p.s. I think the GS boys might just surprise us - right, Harry?
p.p.s Since the WDCA SCCA is handling the event (these are the folks that run the FedEx events) I'd expect a very interesting course...probably like the ones I've been running all season

My Locker