Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I don't need fuel rails but I can always use the fuel lines from under the manifold. The core parts have turned out to be fuel lines, ac bracket, and manifold.

I could use a really nice grey leather steering wheel and shifter handle too. The pearly I got is a 92 ls. I got it because i like the pearl white and the escaine seats but the vinyl steering wheel isn't going to fly.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I'll take mine in all black ^^
Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I will see what I can do about the wheel. I have a good grey leather shifter. As for the lines and manifold, I wanna try and keep this engine as complete as possible. It will be my spare for when I destroy my current. The bracket I can give ya. Shifter you can take, and I will see if we have an extra wheel in good shape.

Tom
Old 03-02-2006, 02:59 PM

Any updates? How far away now?(I only ask since Febuary has now come and gone)
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Just some dude.

Sorry, I have been working on it but haven't been taking pictures. I know I said I was going to so i took some today.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Damn Mike, looks like ur workin hard. Nice work

Tom
Old 03-03-2006, 02:32 AM

Mike I think I will need to put my alternator in a different position as the dust and water will destroy it down low. Last year I had to cross a flooded river and the water was above the bumper bar, over the lights. I would expect that if the alternator dies it will kill the engine. If I am in a river bed I could have problems. Also I think I will put a lower boost maybe 4 lb so as the engine is still good for 100,000's. Thoughts are appricated.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Just some dude.

Hmmm, it's up higher now than it was on the prototype. It can be protected from the dust and any splashing easy enough but no I don't think it will like being completely submerged. It will be very tough to put it somewhere else though. You'd have to move your battery to your trunk and do some elaborate bracketing to hang your alternator off the side of the engine. It would probably be easier to stay home or drive another car on flooded river days--it might be possible though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner
Mike I think I will need to put my alternator in a different position as the dust and water will destroy it down low. Last year I had to cross a flooded river and the water was above the bumper bar, over the lights. I would expect that if the alternator dies it will kill the engine. If I am in a river bed I could have problems. Also I think I will put a lower boost maybe 4 lb so as the engine is still good for 100,000's. Thoughts are appricated.
Tony
Old 03-03-2006, 08:07 AM

Mike if I drive some other car I will miss the pleasure of the SVX. I think if I use a 90 degree drive I may be able to get around the problem. Second option as I have a 5 speed change the radiator and put the alternator in reverse facing front wards. Do you know if they are affected by direction of rotation?
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Just some dude.

I think they are but can be changed by a shop that rebuilds them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner
Mike if I drive some other car I will miss the pleasure of the SVX. I think if I use a 90 degree drive I may be able to get around the problem. Second option as I have a 5 speed change the radiator and put the alternator in reverse facing front wards. Do you know if they are affected by direction of rotation?
Tony
Old 03-04-2006, 11:52 AM

But what about a completion date? The previous ship date was febuary which has come and passed.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Just some dude.

Ithought i was going to be done before that but I'm not. I'm doing the best I can. Trust me, I'd rather be done too. I'm not that great at estimating dates so I'd rather not try. I'll keep posting progress and when it's all done we'll all know.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Whats new ^^
Old 03-10-2006, 12:57 AM
The brightest star: Alcyone

Send a message via AIM to Xevious Send a message via MSN to Xevious
Jumping on..

If there's still space (this thread's so long I'm not sure who all is on for the second batch), I'd like to get on the bandwagon.

Since I'm in iraq, it's hard to get my intake to you, and since I want to buy another engine anyway, could I just ship the entire engine to you?

If I'm missing some dreadfully important info, lemme know.

Thanks,
Gabe
Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 AM

Just slightly off topic

Gabe,

Welcome and good luck in Iraq. Be sure to keep your head down. I'm in Camp Shelby, MS right now getting ready to ship over myself. Best of luck with the new engine.

Jonathan

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevious
If there's still space (this thread's so long I'm not sure who all is on for the second batch), I'd like to get on the bandwagon.

Since I'm in iraq, it's hard to get my intake to you, and since I want to buy another engine anyway, could I just ship the entire engine to you?

If I'm missing some dreadfully important info, lemme know.

Thanks,
Gabe

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.