IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Death in the Family (Z32 car fire)

Yeah well we are singing a sad tune in the Johnson household as there has been a death in the family. My brother's Z32 caught on fire due to an electrical malfunction(still not sure of it's origin). Understand that no one was hurt(physically) as the car was parked for close to 12hrs before the fire. I had to drive out to Lehigh PA to pick it up at his G/F apartment. A big thanks to John(AVPovv?? and Mike621) for lending me their car dolly. It was the day I planned to move into my new apartment but that got all botched up. The car is now sitting in my garage and I am beginning the deconstruction of it. We are parting it out for everything it is worth since his insurance coverage did not cover it. There are many parts up for sale so if you know people with a 300ZX and are looking for parts please contact me Via PM or try and get me on my AIM.

There is a bit of good comming out of this for me though...
I will be taking the Monza mufflers (Pace Setter System) and having some piping bent up for me to put them on my SVX.
I am also going to try and fit the wheels on my car... not sure if they will fit(may need to flare the fenders and 1/4 panels)
The sale of the transmission is still up in the air as it occasionally grinded 4th and 2nd so maybe a future RWD5mt SVX for me in the future if I get an AWD daily driver. We have a ton of parts to deal with and a short period of time to unload them onto someone else so ask around to see if you know people. The ECU(stage 3) is still in perfect condition and the electronic boost controller with matching powerpack are still in great condition.These two items alone are worth close to $1000 but we need people who are interested.

Thanks for listening to my greif and glee at the same time

Tom