Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports

Old 09-22-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: Subaru EG33 breaks the class speed record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan View Post
This is fantastic. You didn't happen to buy your engine from an old man in funkstown, MD, who used to work for Fairchild aviation? He sold it through one of his friends to a texan who indented to install the engine in an aircraft. Im still down about selling the car. Nothing drives like it, and it's the ultimate italo disco machine, but knowing it was being transformed into something awesome made the sting a little better.
Matthewmorgan, no I got this EG33 from Portland Oregon. It only had 516 miles on it, the SVX was T-Boned and totaled. I was the beneficiary of that accident.
During the installation I saw a SVX parked in the driveway of a home about a mile from my house. The owner happened to be outside so I stopped to ask him about his engine performance. He couldn’t answer many of the questions but just said he loved to drive it. He reached in his pocket, pulled out the car keys and tossed them to me. He said “Here go take it and find out for yourself.” I said you just met me ten minutes ago and you are letting me take your car all by myself? I was pretty much stunned by his generosity. I took his offer and just enjoyed my ride while introducing myself to the EG33. Every SVX owner I have talked have been very open about the car … great group or people.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:24 AM

Did anyone else think of this when they saw "Subaru" and "speed record" in the title?

https://web.archive.org/web/20161220...speed-records/

"The original Legacy speed record was set between January 2 and January 21, 1989, with three Japanese-spec turbocharged RS sedans at the Arizona Test Center outside of Phoenix, Arizona. It broke the 100,000 km FIA World Land Endurance Record by maintaining an average speed of 138.780 mph (223.345 km/h) for 447 hours, 44 minutes and 9.887 seconds, or 18.5 days. Pit stops were made every two hours with a driver change and refueling, while tire changes were made at 96‑hour intervals, or every 13,400 miles (21,600 km) driven."

That is nuts, especially considering that it happened 30 years ago. And the EG33 shares a lot of that DNA, since it was derived from Subaru's EJ flat four.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

There was a Subaru SVX 30 year celebration in Japan today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fu7ptXRaWQ

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 10-10-2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Wrong link

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: