How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-04-2003, 05:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to speedracer
Question Testing: Condenser fan motor

Ok, so my radiator sucks! The new one hasn't come in yet. This is the 4th and final time I am going to use the quick fix. By the way, the best way to fix the crack is below, but first my question...

How do I test the condenser fan motor? Yes I know I connect it directly to the battery, but there are four wires, which ones are which? In other words, what color wires are neg/pos? So i can hook them up to the bat.

Now, if the motor works; what do i need to check next. Because the fan is not kicking on in slow moving traffic... i think that is what killed my quick fix... Please include exact location and instructions for checking the other possible problems.. thanx. I don't want to go to the dealer I DON'T TRUST THEM IN THIS TOWN, THEY ARE CROOKS!

top tank repair:
Plastic Weld 5minute-- it comes in a dual-cylander seringe.
JB Weld
fiberglass or nylon tape.

rough up the top tank with some sandpaper 150 grain, clean off the dust, mix and apply the 5minute weld, put on the nylon tape, put some more plastic weld, allow to dry for 4 or more hours, apply jb weld on top of that. allow to set overnight. This will hold or nothing will....

this sight helps big time.... it takes a little reading and research, but i think i will have a SVX Phd by the time i pay off my car. thanks to this web site and the experts... praise to all that have paved the way.

speedy!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Beav/7752.gif

BTW - you may be right, they may be crooks. But if you know enough to know that you must know enough to know how to fix this without anyone else's help. (Sick of hearing this rant )

Last edited by Beav; 04-04-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
You're right Beav, not all dealers are crooks. But why does it seem like SVX owners tend to encounter a disproportionate number of them who seem to be incompetent, crooks, or both?

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
(Sick of hearing this rant )
Old 04-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Not as old as Randy

I dunno. By the same token I can't remember the last time I felt I was getting a fair shake at the IRS, the voting booth, Saks, Vegas, the gas station, etc., etc., etc.....
Old 04-05-2003, 02:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to speedracer
gee, thanx

gee, thanx for nothing..... i ask for help, and all i get is two replies from people that only type to hear themselves. I didn't ask this so you can bull **** with eachother. I asked because i don't know what to do and i want to have an operable car. I am on the verge of saying ****-it and selling the piece of **** car. I am not a mechanic and i don't want a mechanic car. I want a car that i can drive and enjoy. I don't want a hobby. I just want a car that works. I really want to love my car and drive it. if you want to be assholes and think that you are better, then great... you have a farrari type car but you can't afford a farrari..

frustrated!!
speedy
Old 04-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: gee, thanx

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
gee, thanx for nothing..... i ask for help, and all i get is two replies from people that only type to hear themselves. I didn't ask this so you can bull **** with eachother. I asked because i don't know what to do and i want to have an operable car. I am on the verge of saying ****-it and selling the piece of **** car. I am not a mechanic and i don't want a mechanic car. I want a car that i can drive and enjoy. I don't want a hobby. I just want a car that works. I really want to love my car and drive it. if you want to be assholes and think that you are better, then great... you have a farrari type car but you can't afford a farrari..

frustrated!!
speedy
I quoted this to allow you realize what an immature fool you are being.

leave, don't come back ever.........

That's the best help I would offer to you on anything you ever requested.

Oh, wait............

Have a nice day

Todd

Last edited by wawazat??; 04-05-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:56 AM

Re: gee, thanx

Odd, you stated that your dealer was a crook and implied that you had an understanding of electrical systems, so Beav posted link to the wiring diagram showing the wire functions as well as the colors. As far as I was concerned, your question was answered.

As for your criticism of the "usefulness" of this board, with an attitude like that, perhaps you should sell the car and get out of our collective hairs. Are you related to that other guy who's apparently been the source of much irritation lately, or are you just planning to become his successor?

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Old 04-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: Re: gee, thanx

decided to show some restraint...........
Old 04-05-2003, 10:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: gee, thanx

Ehh, if we all did that, this place would be overrun with little guppies who think that this was their personal pond and that the rest of us were put here to cater to their every whim.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
decided to show some restraint...........
Old 04-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Kuo

I'm waiting for him to sign back in, see this thread with all the replies and *think* he finally got some valuable assistance

Todd
Old 04-05-2003, 10:18 AM

Re: Kuo

I think you and I have given him some valuable assistance. Don't you?

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
I'm waiting for him to sign back in, see this thread with all the replies and *think* he finally got some valuable assistance
Old 04-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Smile So true my friend, so true

and I just love hearing myself type, or whatever he said in his little rant.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've truly enjoyed this thread!
Old 04-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Green1995SVX

I woke up at 12:30 today. <-- More useless information.

Mike

PS- I'm gonna go get a shower now.... Then I might get some luch... that will be fun.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

hey, what are you thinking about getting for lunch? I'm thinking a BLT and some homemade soup at this little joint up the road. I'll take you there when you come out to MI.

Todd
Old 04-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Not as old as Randy

Maybe I encouraged a negative response after providing some of the info requested. It was in response to a chip I carry on my shoulder that comes from so many people asking for help with something they have absolutely no idea of what they are messing with, but feel intelligent enough to call someone that does a crook, idiot, dumbass, etc. I've been a professional mechanic for thirty-three years and I'm sick of hearing that crap coming from every dip**it with a mouth bigger than their brain.

What I provided was the information you requested and as you seemed to think you knew at least as much or more as the 'crook', I figured it should be sufficient. If it wasn't then may I suggest a course in automotive technology at your local community college. You see, I believe in helping people but I also believe in helping those that help themselves.

Now if you feel that we singled you out and ran roughshod all over your thread, we apologize. Yeah, I'll take it upon myself to speak for my contemporaries. If you check almost any other thread on this site you will find that our little community here almost always takes a left turn after a few responses.

The ball's in your hands, junior. Are you going to play nice or just take the ball and leave?