Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM

eg33, 5-mt and parts

Hey there guys. Well, its official. Im swapping out to a c5 corvette drivetrain and can sell some of the goodies that I dont need any more.

Up for sale:

11.5:1 compression eg33. Gobs of power and screams like a banshee. Fresh parts all over. Doesn't leak a drop of fluids. One dingy catch. When I assembled the engine, I forgot to pin the camshafts so the tension spring is not loaded. Not a driveablility issue, but there is a tick sound. I never got around to ordering up the gaskets so I could pop them out and fix the issue.
Also up is my original stock eg33 with only 90k miles! She needs new head gaskets. Some of the parts were taken off this engine to complete the 11.5:1 compression engine. Plastic timing covers, a couple hoses and the censors.

Id like to sell them as a set at $1500.

Transmission SOLD

Ill also be putting up for sale my prototype STI front knuckle conversion kit. Which includes 2: Sti Knuckles, 2: wheel spacers, 2: conversion brackets, 2: sway bar extensions and 2: axle shafts.

Pictures coming soon on that one.
$600 for the conversion components.

Feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions you have (775) 745-9571
Farbeyondriven@earthlink.net

Last edited by smc; 02-24-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Sold some stuff
Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 AM

Registered SVX
Re: eg33, 5-mt and parts

i need a loan, i have to have this in my life.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 AM

Registered SVX

Are you willing to sell just the old engine? Did it run when you pulled it? I've got an engine in the machine shop to see how much it'll be to unseize and rebuild. I'll find out the damage sometime next week.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Couple questions, was the 11.5:1 engine run, and if so for how many miles? How was raising the CR achieved (pistons, right)? Valve covers powdercoated or painted?

Anti-backlash springs not being under tension shouldn't be an issue, the ones in my blue car have been that way for a year and a half with no issues, and you can't hear anything over the normal lifter ticking and the exhaust anyway.

That is a great deal on a high-comp engine.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Bandit View Post
Are you willing to sell just the old engine? Did it run when you pulled it? I've got an engine in the machine shop to see how much it'll be to unseize and rebuild. I'll find out the damage sometime next week.
Id be willing to sell the old engine. It runs and is not seized. A head gasket is bad and allowed exhaust gasses to enter into the cooling system. Seeing that its out of the car, its only a couple hour procedure to change them out yourself. Shoot, make me an offer. Its only 90,000 miles and well taken care of. It ran Very strong when pulled.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Couple questions, was the 11.5:1 engine run, and if so for how many miles? How was raising the CR achieved (pistons, right)? Valve covers powdercoated or painted?

Anti-backlash springs not being under tension shouldn't be an issue, the ones in my blue car have been that way for a year and a half with no issues, and you can't hear anything over the normal lifter ticking and the exhaust anyway.

That is a great deal on a high-comp engine.
The 11.5:1 was indeed run. Its in my youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7wND9oibk&feature=plcp
It had about 6,000 miles on it. Mostly track, autocross and a few trips around town and to work. Noticeable amount of torque over stock. Also changed the exhaust note and power in the rpm range. A bit more push down low, and very noticeable at 6k. You need to run 93+ octane if you are abusing it in the high rpm range for autocross etc. 91 is fine for daily driving.

Compression increase was achieved with thinner head gaskets. As of yet, no issues to be reported from that. Timing was not drastically affected. However this may just be the OBDII computer being able to make minor corrections and compensate.

The valve covers are just a red engine paint. Something to distinguish it from my other engine.

Last edited by smc; 12-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
The 11.5:1 was indeed run. Its in my youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7wND9oibk&feature=plcp
It had about 6,000 miles on it. Mostly track, autocross and a few trips around town and to work. Noticeable amount of torque over stock. Also changed the exhaust note and power in the rpm range. A bit more push down low, and very noticeable at 6k. You need to run 93+ octane if you are abusing it in the high rpm range for autocross etc. 91 is fine for daily driving.

Compression increase was achieved with thinner head gaskets. As of yet, no issues to be reported from that. Timing was not drastically affected. However this may just be the OBDII computer being able to make minor corrections and compensate.

The valve covers are just a red engine paint. Something to distinguish it from my other engine.
Was compression only achieved through head gaskets? is it a stock rebuild otherwise?
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
A computer cannot adjust cam timing. But if it's making at least more power than before it must be a minor enough change to the timing that it's worth the compression increase. I can't remember how to calculate the degrees the timing will have been adjusted though. Cometic head gaskets, I'm guessing? Stock cams?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 PM

When I picked up the engine, it was a swap project for a vanagon that never was. It had bad head gaskets, but new timing belt, pullys and a few other components. When I tore it down, it was in perfect condition. To the point that I was thinking that this must have been a recent rebuild when I got it. Bearings were within spec. Crank, rods, pistons looked great. Stock hone marks were still in the cylinder walls. Only some carbon buildup in cyl. #4 from the bad gasket. I replaced the gaskets with the set from Cometic that were set to bump the compression up a bit. New injectors etc. etc. Had no issues what so ever with her after that.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Here is a shot of the STI knuckle conversion. Which includes 2 knuckles, drilled to accept stock SVX struts and installed longer ARP wheel studs. Swaybar extensions, axle shafts, wheel spacers and hubcentric rings.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:45 PM

Wheels and Tires Sold

Last edited by smc; 02-24-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:08 PM

bumpin back to the top
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM

Dropping the price on the tires/wheels to $1200.
Also up for sale is the 1996 ecu, tcu, abs computer and cruise control Make me an offer and ill see what I can do for ya.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Tires and wheels are sold
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM

Transmission and clutch are SOLD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: