Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Shadow Machine Update

a vacuum is going to pull the fluid into the engine at idle. There needs to be a shut-off solenoid that is only open when the pressure side of the system is charged. That is the only way to do it that way

Tom
Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM

looks awesome tom.

In my past impreza projects I have always tapped into the chargepiping about 2-4 inchs from the throttle body, never into the intake manifold. I will be using 2 jets on my turbo SVX, one into each piece of chargepiping before each throttle body.

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback
Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Maniac modifier

Yea but with the blower after the TB it is hard to try and cool post blower. So I have been using straight methanol to act as an octance booster rather than mixing it with water to act as a heat sink. While it still has a cooling effect it is not the same as using water

Tom
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Yea but with the blower after the TB it is hard to try and cool post blower. So I have been using straight methanol to act as an octance booster rather than mixing it with water to act as a heat sink. While it still has a cooling effect it is not the same as using water

Tom
ahhhh THATS how your blower works... much like the jackson racing kits they make for hondas... I wasn't too sure. Ya that would be a pain to cool post supercharger.

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
a vacuum is going to pull the fluid into the engine at idle. There needs to be a shut-off solenoid that is only open when the pressure side of the system is charged. That is the only way to do it that way

Tom
ironically this sounds like my master's project that I'm currently completing.. I just designed a system using a pressure transducer which reads psi from the crankcase (to determine rpm) of a gasoline 2-stroke where I had to use a latching solenoid to redirect coolant... works like a charm.
If there is an 'easy' place to tap in to read pressure, it would only take a small circuit to control the meth flow.
I need to be done with school so I can play with my car........ just a couple of weeks now....

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
ironically this sounds like my master's project that I'm currently completing.. I just designed a system using a pressure transducer which reads psi from the crankcase (to determine rpm) of a gasoline 2-stroke where I had to use a latching solenoid to redirect coolant... works like a charm.
If there is an 'easy' place to tap in to read pressure, it would only take a small circuit to control the meth flow.
I need to be done with school so I can play with my car........ just a couple of weeks now....
That is essentially what the AEM controller does. It has two adjustments, one for start PSI where the system is active past a certain boost pressure and one for Max flow based on boost pressure. SO anywhere in between you get a linear increase in pump flow. I like the fact that it is used based on boost pressure and nothing more.

Tom
Old 08-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Maniac modifier

Alright got the fender replaced along with the corner light... thnx bobby.

I am working with SVXRide about getting some dyno time soon. As soon as we have solid figures to work by I will post a thread to see if anyone wants to join and maybe get some pulls on their cars. Will likely be happening around the Baltimore area at Altered Atmospheres's shop.

Tom
Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Maniac modifier

due to some unforseen expenses I have yet to be able to get the car on the dyno. I will have it done before the end of the year.

Have found the weak link thus far. Although it could be due to the excessive mileage of the engine used, it seems the high RPM high load was a little too much for the rod studs and likely stretched them out. Caused the bearing to spin and cause issues down the line of the oiling system.

Car is currently equipped with another stock engine but already have another engine build in the works, hopefully will unveil in the spring... More to come

Tom
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Registered SVX

I like your car Tom. And i just woundring i have read little about the Supercharger to the svx. And what will it cost if you sould bould this on a stock car? I think the supercharg system are cool and i whis i have this too.

And i have also heard that Lysholm 1600AX that ecu use are no longer make.
Was the ECU kit a ''bolt on'' kit??

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Maniac modifier

It was a bolt on kit for the most part yes.

I know whipple is not using a 1.6l blower anymore I had not heard Lysholm also shut down the line...

Tom
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM

Registered SVX

I know, but i have also heard you can use Eaton M90 supercharger??
But the top of the engine where the superchager will bee. where will you get this? Or must this be costum made??

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
I know, but i have also heard you can use Eaton M90 supercharger??
But the top of the engine where the superchager will bee. where will you get this? Or must this be costum made??

Eaton M90 might as well be a flame thrower ontop of the engine. Yes the manifold will need to be custom.

Tom
Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Registered SVX

Okay, But how are this possible to get or made?
I have read about the ECU chip V2 and this will make the engine to handel a supercharger, Whit new fuel inj, and new air mass flow.

But are the some other parts that must go on the car to make this work. I think the supercharger on a svx is pretty cool,

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Eaton M90 might as well be a flame thrower ontop of the engine. Yes the manifold will need to be custom.

Tom
Damn, now I really have a new paperweight in the garage....
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
Okay, But how are this possible to get or made?
I have read about the ECU chip V2 and this will make the engine to handel a supercharger, Whit new fuel inj, and new air mass flow.

But are the some other parts that must go on the car to make this work. I think the supercharger on a svx is pretty cool,
ECu chip will not work well with a screw type or roots type supercharger. Ask Sicksubie what his car felt like running ECUtune vs. Hydra Nemesis. It is night and day. You will need bigger injectors though.

I have to say, the car is an absolute blast to drive. It really isn't too much and there is no lag on power.... ever. It can all be put on a totally stock engine and screams.

Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: