Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
What are the advantages of going MAF post-turbo instead of pre-turbo? What is making you switch, anyway?
I an ideal setup, the blow-thru will offer better throttle response, along with the inclusion of the heat rise after compression on the density of the charge entering the engine. Additionally, I can have a true 4 inch intake, and run an open turbo with a small mesh at the track.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Well..... IT CAME TODAY! Must say there are few feelings that match seeing the GARRETT box at your door when you get off a long day from work. I am taking my time collecting some parts, and I will be making it vband as well, but fun none the less

I do not know how to make it post in the forum, maybe someone can help me out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0288 (3).jpg (65.7 KB, 240 views)
Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
That's a nice phone you bought there
Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

hah...ya i have seen other people use their phones in order to show perspective on the inet....its an ok phone, really quirky with the touch buttons....
Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
so.... ya done yet???

Tom
Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX View Post
hah...ya i have seen other people use their phones in order to show perspective on the inet....its an ok phone, really quirky with the touch buttons....

I know what you mean. I have the white one I hate it
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM

So.....I guess a GT2560R isn't going to cut the mustard??

...I have a brand new, still-in-box Garrett GT2560R (aka GT28R) from a still-born project involving a Nissan old enough to legally drink and a JDM motor set. From what I'm grasping here and there, it'll be woefully inadequate for the EG33?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedGlass View Post
...I have a brand new, still-in-box Garrett GT2560R (aka GT28R) from a still-born project involving a Nissan old enough to legally drink and a JDM motor set. From what I'm grasping here and there, it'll be woefully inadequate for the EG33?
Correct. You could run two of those just fine, but as you say...One would never do.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
what are you gunna do for intercooler piping (route) with that big a turbo, your gunna need a intercooler that can handle it.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
what are you gunna do for intercooler piping (route) with that big a turbo, your gunna need a intercooler that can handle it.
??? see really old posts....I have a nice sized cross section with full 2.5" piping My car us plumbed for high hp
Old 05-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Nice! good luck man!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Finally got a chance to pull the car out of storage.

I replaced all the fuel lines and clamps as well. I had replaced them previously, however I foud some "Multi-fuel" safe items rate to 160psi that I figured would be a great idea. I removed the Rising Rate-FPR for now. I filled the tank with fresh gas. It is runnign well. the fuel system is running spot on 11.3-11.8:1 on 8.5ish lbs of boost in mid rpm's. At low RPM's in high gear it is quite rich, in the 10's. Was thinking about unplugging the stock FPR. I dont think I took it above 5500 or 6. I have not had a chance to change the oil, and like to get atleast a tank through her veins before I get on it.

Cannot wait to get the 60-1 on, as it starts to choke out a bit and loose its umph at 5500. You can feel the tq curve platau prematurly. Still was enough enough to pull away slightly in 5th gear just pressing the pedal down from an RX-8 in while he was revving it out on the drive home.

I was contemplating having my buddies install it while I am on my honeymoon in july.

Last edited by Phast SVX; 05-19-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Are you running a 2v7 or something? Do you have an adjustable regulator, or an aftermarket pump or anything?

Sounds like a good setup so far, for sure. Just trying to grasp the building blocks of what I may need.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Hi Nevin,

Quote:
Are you running a 2v7 or something? Do you have an adjustable regulator, or an aftermarket pump or anything?
Yes I am running 2v7F, with the Z32 MAF, 360cc injectors etc. the F denotes I have the flex fuel version, which I have and intend to continue to run on occasion.

I had a Rising Rate(increases fuel pressure as boost increases on a 7lbs fuel to 1lbs boost, ratio) fuel pressure reglator installed prior to this, however have removed it on sunday. The car runs much better without it, and is still a bit rich in 5th gear, so I was refferring to possibly removing the vacuum line to the stock fuel pressure regulator.

Quote:
Sounds like a good setup so far, for sure. Just trying to grasp the building blocks of what I may need.
Thanks! I did a walk through a long time ago, I think it was moved to a differnt place from the mod-mania section though. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX View Post
Hi Nevin,

Yes I am running 2v7F, with the Z32 MAF, 360cc injectors etc. the F denotes I have the flex fuel version, which I have and intend to continue to run on occasion.

I had a Rising Rate(increases fuel pressure as boost increases on a 7lbs fuel to 1lbs boost, ratio) fuel pressure reglator installed prior to this, however have removed it on sunday. The car runs much better without it, and is still a bit rich in 5th gear, so I was refferring to possibly removing the vacuum line to the stock fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks! I did a walk through a long time ago, I think it was moved to a differnt place from the mod-mania section though. Good luck.
Sweet action! Thanks for the reply. I have read your "how to turbocharge an SVX" page though. lol Very good! I am also handy with a welder, so for people like you or me, the biggest headache is just finding what parts to buy and having the freetime to do it. With running modest boost, the ECUtune setup definitely seems the way to go though.

I think I would be perfectly happy with 6 psi if it were me! Really, it seems the the biggest expense would be the turbo and intercooler themselves if you know what you're doing.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and if I start bothering you with more detailed questions, don't be surprised!

-nevin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: