Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
1.) COMPLETE MEMBER PROFILE (look at my public profile as an example)
2.) BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER
3.) I.D. VERIFICATION
4.) "SELLER ACCOUNT STATUS"
I am here not to just sell stuff. At some points, I don't like to give out too much information for security reasons.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
I am here not to just sell stuff. At some points, I don't like to give out too much information for security reasons.
Jesus... I'm still not making myself clear???? Look, the suggestions above would be for people who want a vendor account, not for the "average member"... Understand??

And once again, they are just suggestions... One way or another, it annoys the hell outta me when I click on someone's profile and there is nothing in it. I mean how are we suppose to interact with and trust people if we never know anything about them??

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-25-2007, 03:35 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
I like your suggestion Green Marine. Thats sort of like a "corporate" account.
Like I mentioned if you want to offer products/services you'd need to register.
If you've got a spare set of sun visors you don't need to register.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Jesus... I'm still not making myself clear???? Look, the suggestions above would be for people who want a vendor account, not for the "average member"... Understand??

And once again, they are just suggestions... One way or another, it annoys the hell outta me when I click on someone's profile and there is nothing in it. I mean how are we suppose to interact with and trust people if we never know anything about them??

Yo, your original post is tooo long. I browsed thru it fast and probably missed some of the part ok. I agree with some of your points. Oftenly, I noticed that some scammers don't give out the clear profile info. Perhaps some members want to do business and make money here, they could register with the network as a verified/business account and pay network some process fee also as one way to help keep up with network expenses.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
If origional tom starts up a group buy for hoods or something similar, it's probably pretty safe.
Thanks Jay.
Great thread Chris.
I have no problem giving the Mods my home/cell #s, drivers licence, whatever.
They do a remarkable job, all for the love of a car!
They, the Mods have proven to be very level headed, realistic, understanding people.

Tom
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 AM

venders on the SVX Network?

I personally would like to see no selling on this svx network. People that have things to sell have a great way to move their merchandise..... Ebay!
They can put it on ebay with enough insurance to protect us and let us know when it is going to be up for sale. They certainly would be able to make a sale if the product was as advertised, and we would all be protected. This should not be a place to move merchandise, but to exchange information and present ideas. All the suggested remedy's to make a sale safe for us can be worked around by the unscrupulous people like the New Jersey guy! Yes, ALL of them!
For whatever it is worth,
Keith

Last edited by kwren; 08-26-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
i guess I'm probably the largest vendor that participates on these forums. I would be fine with being idenfied as a vendor..or with not participating for that matter if that's what the community wanted. I joined the forum as an svx enthusiast and am obviousliy still an svx enthusiast today. The information I share on my products here, I share here because a lot of the svx community is here and they ask me and it's convenient. I do my best to not allow any commercial interests I have to become obfuscated with the good of the commnity..but then i try to make everything I do for the good of the community. Anyway, if it became necessary to remove commercial interests from the forums I wouldn't have any problem with it. My computing resources outstretch those of the network. I think the problem though is that legitimate comercial resources for the svx community are lacking...we just can't let scammers try to slip in the void.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
oh, also, just in the last couple of days i've noticed all these complaining and defending the network threads. I didn't know anything was wrong till I heard all the complaints. Is there really anything wrong or is it just **** week?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren
I personally would like to see no selling on this svx network. People that have things to sell have a great way to move their merchandise..... Ebay!
They can put it on ebay with enough insurance to protect us and let us know when it is going to be up for sale. They certainly would be able to make a sale if the product was as advertised, and we would all be protected. This should not be a place to move merchandise, but to exchange information and present ideas. All the suggested remedy's to make a sale safe for us can be worked around by the unscrupulous people like the New Jersey guy! Yes, ALL of them!
Keith
Here, here. Here there is some deep muddy water on several counts.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:26 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
i guess I'm probably the largest vendor that participates on these forums.
Just how tall are you??

j/k
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren
Keith
I disagree. I think selling on forums is a great idea. Much better than Ebay. Here, you can see the validity of each seller, and you know them personally. I've gotten a lot of car stuff via forums. It's much much cheaper than buying through Subaru or via Ebay.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I have avoided ebay now that there are so many people parting cars out and they sell stuff that is not even the item in the picture. There will be a new forum that will be like ebay and members will be able to leave feedback. I hope this will help everybody out.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
If you'd like to see a well moderated "classified ad" section on a forum, please look at the classified section of www.fordpinto.com . This is a well run forum, and quite well moderated, if I do say so myself
Most importantly look at the feedback section. 90% of it is positive. Yeah there are a few bad apples, but those are everywhere. Most members, even when posting negative feedback, use tact & finesse, to get thier points across. Even when literally thousands of dollars are involved.
The "PG13" rating is always preserved, mostly by the members themselves. It may be that the average ages of the members there is higher, but there's only ever the RARE event of flaming. They even have a Demo Derby section, dedicated to the destruction of thier beloved Pintos. To the best of my knowledge no-one has ever been banned there. Not saying that it's not neccessary from time to time though.
I compare these 2 forums because they both are very well run, and well moderated. They both also cater to a very narrow spectrum of the automotive scene.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.