How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-27-2002, 07:07 AM
EverclearAtMSU

no blinkie blinkie!

My turn signals dont work, at all! I checked the fuse, which looked to be in perfect condition, yet replaced it w/ a new one anyways, and still nothing. I remember something about a blink control thingie and that you can replace it w/ one that goes twice as fast, but that's about it. Could my blinkie controlie thingie be burnt out? If so, where is it?
Old 03-27-2002, 08:51 AM
alacrity024

correct me if i'm wrong but the blinkie controlie thingie has two wiriey doohickies attached to the fuseamabobber. if you're not getting blinkie blinkie I think you're supposed to get a torqueamathinger and give the controlie thingie a good solid smackamadoodle...

-Adam
Old 03-27-2002, 08:54 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
correct me if i'm wrong but the blinkie controlie thingie has two wiriey doohickies attached to the fuseamabobber. if you're not getting blinkie blinkie I think you're supposed to get a torqueamathinger and give the controlie thingie a good solid smackamadoodle...

-Adam
lol from now on I'll refrain from talking in giberish. wack what control thing? and by torqueamthinger i take it you mean a hammer or something?
Old 03-27-2002, 09:34 AM
alacrity024

heh, sorry, but i've got no idea how to help you. I was just kidding.. I thought it'd be pretty funny feel free to continue talking in gibberish, I do it all the time. Just having fun, that's all.. I do NOT recommend the use of a hammer in this situation.. again I was ONLY KIDDING

-Adam
Old 03-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Your flasher unit has probably gone south. I have no idea where the one (or, maybe 2) on the SVX is. THey are usually somewhere around the steering wheel. I'll have to check my manuals for you tonight, unless someone else knows of their location.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-27-2002, 11:24 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Your flasher unit has probably gone south. I have no idea where the one (or, maybe 2) on the SVX is. THey are usually somewhere around the steering wheel. I'll have to check my manuals for you tonight, unless someone else knows of their location.
well, i went to autozone durring my lunch and picked up a flaser relay thing, as that seams to be what's wrong, and for $10 it's not that big of a deal. and they told me it was by the drivers seat under the kick pannel. so I looked around in there for a bit and couldn't find anything! So off to the subbie store, and they looked in their bible and told me I would have to take off the front pannel, under the stearing wheel and then I could get to it. Or I could give them their $72.00 per hour and they would be happy to spend an hour doing it.

Looks like I'm pulling that off tonight. At least the wheathers nice so the garage will be warm and nice :-)
Old 03-27-2002, 06:03 PM
svxeno

Quote:
Your flasher unit has probably gone south.

Randy,

Where do these things go when they go south. I'm in Florida and that is south. I could use some of these parts.

Randy (Down south ya'all) ii
Old 03-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

Randy,

Where do these things go when they go south. I'm in Florida and that is south. I could use some of these parts.

Randy (Down south ya'all) ii
I believe most flashers head south for the winter, as these northern climes can be devastating to a show-off in a trench coat.

Ron (keepin' my parts warm)i

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:31 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
I just spent 4 and a half hours looking for the damn thing! With no luck. I tore apart everything under the steering wheel pretty much. So if you've come up with the exact location and how to get to it, it would be a BIG help!

Hey, if you see my relays in FL, please send them back to me. I kinda need them
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

I just spent 4 and a half hours looking for the damn thing! With no luck. I tore apart everything under the steering wheel pretty much. So if you've come up with the exact location and how to get to it, it would be a BIG help!

Hey, if you see my relays in FL, please send them back to me. I kinda need them
Oh, man, sorry, I havn't had a chance to check it out yet. I'll check it out in a few minutes (If I can get caught up on these darned posts) and post. Again, sorry.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-27-2002, 11:32 PM

Registered SVX
The diagram shows the turn signal/hazard unit to be located to the right hand side (passenger's) of the steering wheel shaft, under the dash, just up from the gas pedal position. Hope this helps.

Oh, I believe they go to the Caymans.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
The diagram shows the turn signal/hazard unit to be located to the right hand side (passenger's) of the steering wheel shaft, under the dash, just up from the gas pedal position. Hope this helps.
Yeah, I broke my 92's while doing the 5-speed conv., it's attached to the underside of the steering column, has one screw attaching it, it's in a rubber square housing. I think it has 3 wires going to it.
You have to remove the panel under the steering column to get to it.

Good luck with the $10 unit, as a cheap aftermarket unit would NOT work in my 92, had to replace it with a factory unit, something to the tune of $80 , I've still got the aftermarket one laying around somewhere.

Hope it works for you
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 03-28-2002, 06:14 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369

Yeah, I broke my 92's while doing the 5-speed conv., it's attached to the underside of the steering column, has one screw attaching it, it's in a rubber square housing. I think it has 3 wires going to it.
You have to remove the panel under the steering column to get to it.

Good luck with the $10 unit, as a cheap aftermarket unit would NOT work in my 92, had to replace it with a factory unit, something to the tune of $80 , I've still got the aftermarket one laying around somewhere.

Hope it works for you
That could be my whole problem right there! I remember seeing what looked like a relay in a rubber square housing just like you said. I took out the clip with the 3 wires and pluged it into my new relay and still nothing, so I figured it was something else. Bah!!!!

But on a positive note, while in there I knocked something back into place because my radio reception is back!