Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 02-12-2006, 04:01 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
Exclamation someone told me

ok Someone told me that that is going to be a auto X coming this week or next. Forgot what day. was thinking of puting my SVx in. I have not really pushed the car and was think if any one on the net can tall me how the car is going to handull in the auto X or what too look for later on. I just got done putting a oder for some new Roter and pads can't wait for then to comeing going to get my tries this week some i can put my new rimes too. ALso i'm think of putting to stock Sti exhust on it and take off the old SVx exhuast off. Anyone thing that is bad or good>????
Old 02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
If you go to www.myautoevents.com you can do a search to see if there are any events.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypolo95
ok Someone told me that that is going to be a auto X coming this week or next. Forgot what day. was thinking of puting my SVx in. I have not really pushed the car and was think if any one on the net can tall me how the car is going to handull in the auto X or what too look for later on. I just got done putting a oder for some new Roter and pads can't wait for then to comeing going to get my tries this week some i can put my new rimes too. ALso i'm think of putting to stock Sti exhust on it and take off the old SVx exhuast off. Anyone thing that is bad or good>????
First - Follow Dave's advice regarding events

Second - In stock form, the SVX will push (understeer) significantly, so always be ready to lift off the gas pedal if you find yourself drifting out in turns

Third - Other than getting more and more "seat time", having good tires will make the biggest difference in how the car handles. The lower the wear rating is on the tire, the more it will "stick" (and the faster it will wear out). There are several tires available with wear ratings around 160-200 that offer a good compromise between daily street use and autoX use. For strickly autoX use, you'll be looking at tires with wear ratings of ~40.
If you want to stay in the "stock" class (GS for the SVX), you'll have to stay with 16 inch rims that are no more than 8 inches wide (okay, probably 7.75 inches wide if you want to be a stickler for the rules) and no more than 1/2 inch different than the stock SVX rims in offset.

Forth - I'm not sure who told you a STi exhaust would work on an SVX (4 cylinder STi vs 6 cylinder SVX....). There are plenty of posts on this site on the subject of exhaust systems, so use the "search" button to the max.

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-14-2006, 09:15 AM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
ok well talking about the exhuast i was thinking of keeping the stock Svx downpiles and makeing it a stright pile all the way to the end but putting the sti exhuast there. If anyone can come up with a picsure of that. wELl i'm going with some 225/45/17 tires, my new tries are 17x7 i'm getting my new rottores and pads from raceconcenpt.net for 486 with shipping. so does anyone knoew what calss that is going to put me n ??? Also i have being have this nocking on the hader on the driver side anyone know what i can do.??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: