Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
It is great to see everyone is starting to get interested in the Dragon meet alittle more... The other planners and I are gonna get some new things together for the meet in 2006... Ya better prepare yourself for it We will release the dates As soon as we have decided on them... Most likely will be the first Wednesday-Sunday in June again though...

Lets see if we can't get more than 10 SVXi there That will be the biggest SVX appearance at a Southeast NASIOC event EVAR probably!!!

I am a hardcore Dragon fan..... Will be till the day I leave the country sometime in the next 5 (or so) years... I hope that everyone out there gets the chance to experience this lovely meet!! Look for info on next years meet!! It's coming
I have wanted to go for as long as I've known about it. It is just so far away...

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
The Dragon prefers virgins
That's better hehe
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
I was pretty sure there was a few other dragon meets during the year.. am I wrong on that GreenMarine.. I know the summer meet is what we just finished, is there not also a fall meet and maybe another? I'm up for going again whenever, that was too much fun for just once a year.
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
I was pretty sure there was a few other dragon meets during the year.. am I wrong on that GreenMarine.. I know the summer meet is what we just finished, is there not also a fall meet and maybe another? I'm up for going again whenever, that was too much fun for just once a year.
Yep,
The NASIOC guys usually have a fall meet also, usually much smaller group, but fun none the less!

Should have my 2000 RS done by then...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
Quote:
Yep,
The NASIOC guys usually have a fall meet also, usually much smaller group, but fun none the less!

Should have my 2000 RS done by then...

seriously, if you "want" any help with anything, I'm not that far away and I'd be glad to come down.. not that you would need it
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 06-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
seriously, if you "want" any help with anything, I'm not that far away and I'd be glad to come down.. not that you would need it
Thanks Alex,
You know you'll always welcome to come down if you need the rack, or just a little help.
I get up to Louisville now and then as I have some friends up there.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 06-08-2005, 12:38 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
OK so i just finished typin this up for nasioc... ill share over here too:

Well my trip was a loooong one to say the least. It all started on sunday morning.

*Packed up the camp stuff and headed to check-out...
*Got to checkout but the car was stickin in 2nd...
*Huck put in my 2wd fuse and chris drove the car and she was fine...
*Started heading home and sometime in the beginning of virginia i lost 4th gear...
*At that point i could have made it home fine just doing 60/65 with the car revving at about 3300...
*On the drive i was hangin out in the right lane doin the speed limit but there was a truck... towing 3 other huge trucks in my lane, so i figure hey! im goin to get around this thing its a lil wobbly and i didnt really feel comfortable behind it...
*So as i hit about 85 passing the truck i notice a nice lil police man radaring me at 86... needless to say he pulled me over...
*Now as he walked up to my window the smoke coming out from under my car was just as awesome as at the dragon, however he didn't obviously care...
*Now, this being the first time i have ever been pulled over i figured hey, maybe ill get some warning or something, but no... he hands me a ticket...
*Now i get back on the road and probably an hour and a half or two hours later maureen and i stop at a rest stop...
*Now i think we're about 400 some odd miles into our trip... We get out of the bathroom and head to the car and get in....
*I go to go into reverse and... it doesn't happen, so i ask some guy to help me push the car out cause it will still engage in drive so then we were out of the spot and back on the way...
*As i started to head back on to 81(probably the longest and most horrible road ever) as i accelerate i get into second, and thats it.... I pull over and think maybe i could try again... start goin again and nothing...
*I went in the shoulder up to the next exit... #264 on 81... and pulled into the first gas station... I called chris and he was with shane(his mechanic) so they had me check all my fluids and see if there could be something that could magically fix the car...
*Ended up putting about two and a half quarts of oil in the engine cause she was waay low... and i think a quart or maybe a quart and a half in the tranny...
*This made the car run smoother... but she still wouldnt shift... At this point maureen and i kind of figured that we werent getting anywhere fast so we got a hotel room for the night and tried to figure out what to do...
*Got to the room and between calling everyone i know my plan turned to getting my car back to NC because shane could change the tranny for me and he already had what i needed... My mother called my father(whom i hadn't talked to in over a year and really didnt want to have to turn to) and he ended up coming down that night 8 hours later...
*Come 5 am when my dad rolled up i was actually peeing blood which was awesome let me tell you(sorry if thats a bit graphic)
*so at 5 am maureen and i hopped in my dads truck and went to the emergency room while my dad got some sleep for the drive the next day...
*yeah so according to the dr i was crazy dehydrated and my body wasnt flushing its system cause i wasn't drinking anything(since we were in the car all day and i didnt want to have to pee) So i got to get 2 iv's and some drugs for the road...
*so back to road...the medicine i had made me have to pee constantly... there was actually a point on the ride back down to NC where i went 10 miles apart... let me tell u that doesnt help speed up a trip...
*yeah so we ended up renting a trailer to tow the car down with... the difference in price of a dolly and the full trailer was twenty bucks... so obviously we opted for the full trailer...
*So finally monday night we rolled in to drop my car off.. spent the night and headed out at 430/5 am tuesday morning...
*Now before when we had gotten stuck in virginia maureens mother made her get a plane ticket home form NC cause she wasnt sure if we were gunna stay and wait for my car to be done so tuesday morning we went from asheville to knoxville... about an hour and a half or so trip so that added 3 hours onto our trip home...
*So i ended up getting home from the dragon at 9pm tuesday night after leaving at about 1130 sunday morning...

Phew... that was exhausting.... Yeah so at least i had an awesome time at the Dragon, i would even say it was worth the miserable trip home! I'll be back to dragon again!!! It is awesome! Now i just need to get my car back!!

Jen

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 06-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Cripes that's quite a trip home

btw, that was me and Melissa (Subbyru89) that you saw in the white XT6 in Southern VA. We pulled off for gas south of Whyethville, we were looking out for you once we got back on the highway.

Not sure if we could have done anything to help, but we would have tried...

Glad to hear the bad trip didn't spoil the great time that the dragon provides

See ya next year.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:55 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

We both had the worst luck on this trip Jen.... WTF?!?!?!?!?

Oh well, everything will work out alright in the end... We will get your ticket taken away and get your car back... I should be going up to Asheville this weekend to troubleshoot the rough running SVX and to probably help put your tranny in Jen...

Not having internet in my room anymore really sucks ... Only a week or two and I'll be back online in Raleigh though

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Thats alright... don't think there is much that anyone could have done to have helped. I kind of had a feeling the tranny may not make it home before i even left. It's not like i didn't have any warning signs... glad i at least made it to the meet cause it was awesome!! All in all i think it was a good trip even with the way home.

Jen

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

All i have to say is WOW...that really sucks jen ...glad your ok though

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~JenSVX~*~
Thats alright... don't think there is much that anyone could have done to have helped. I kind of had a feeling the tranny may not make it home before i even left. It's not like i didn't have any warning signs... glad i at least made it to the meet cause it was awesome!! All in all i think it was a good trip even with the way home.

Jen

Glad ya had fun

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-09-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Glad ya had fun
By the way, I've got Alcyone Dragon Meet t-shirts left if any one wants one...

$15 shipped to the US.

I've got some Med, Large, & XL

Pay pal, or Money Orders

See attachment for design...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alcyone dragon run-2.JPG (121.0 KB, 93 views)
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Quote:
The XT6 came through it with flying colors (think I might have Converted SVXHunter )
I don't know if it was a full conversion, but I did gain a significant amount of respect for the little car.

There's one on E-bay right now that looks like it will sell for under $250.

It would make a fun project. For now, I'm going to stick to my Justy project.

The power to weight ratio is significantly better.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 06-29-2005, 07:06 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Quote:
Nice pic...even got some XT's in it
He got the FordVX (AKA SVX F-series) in it too!

Next year no holding back- I may be there in 2 or 3 Subies!!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC