Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Alright guys.... The 5th Annual Dragon meet is now only 3 weeks away!!! I want to get as many SVXi there this year!!! I have noticed that there are more and more people in North and South Carolina, Georga, and Tennessee(sp?)... Lets get you guys to this event!!! It is awesome!!!

Here are some details on the meet:
- Put on by NASIOC every year (5th year now)
- Meet is based out of the BEAUTIFUL mountian region around Fontana Village
- Usually around 70 WRX's show up
- Last year the only SVXi there were Me, Porter, Huck, Stevebsy and Arondale
- Meet is named after the famous strech of road on HWY 129 called "The Dragon" (318 curves in 11.3 miles!!)
- Other Awesome roads in the area include but are not limited to:
*** HWY 28
*** Southern Stretch of HWY 129
*** Wahya(sp?) Rd.
*** Cherhola Skyway
- I am incharge of planning the activities at the Village and so far we have:
*** Drinking
*** LAN Party on PS2 or Xbox (Gran Turismo 4, Ace Combat 5, HALO, ect.)
*** Bond Fires on Friday and Saturday
*** Hiking
*** Local sightseeing
*** FREE Whitewater Kiacking(sp?) on Friday morning -- Edit: time and date set at 11:00am on Friday

I will be going up for the entire 5 days. I will be leaving from Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA) some time around 1200 on Wednesday June 1st. If there are any SVX owners that want to come up to the meet on that say, let me know and we can caravan up!! If you want to come up another day, this is the place to look into your caravan options. If interested, PM me and we can work out a driving route that works to meet up!!

I hope to see alot of SVXi there this year... My SVX will be finished by then and will be at the Dragon leading the way for the "Slow Group"... Hope to make a good video this year with all the equipment that I have now... For more information on the meet, you can visit the NASIOC thread on the meet which is located here.

Here are some pics of the years gone by...
The "Subaru Wedding" at the Dragon
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/ba...-groupshot.jpg

Porter's SVX under Bridal Veil Falls
http://dragon.drbiggly.com/images/sv...fall-small.jpg
i would love to go but i dont know if i would have my car fixed or be able to get off of work
Old 05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
i would love to go but i dont know if i would have my car fixed or be able to get off of work
Hope that ya can make it man!!! Where are ya located?? I'm sure that I could come help ya fix your car if ya need it.... PM me and let me know!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hope that ya can make it man!!! Where are ya located?? I'm sure that I could come help ya fix your car if ya need it.... PM me and let me know!!!
im in paulding county GA. i took my timing belt cover off and checked the timing and that is off so i have to fix that. i dont get how my timing has jumped when i never cranked it for 2 weeks.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
im in paulding county GA. i took my timing belt cover off and checked the timing and that is off so i have to fix that. i dont get how my timing has jumped when i never cranked it for 2 weeks.

Why do you think it's jumped time...?
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-10-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Why do you think it's jumped time...?
as of right now anything is a guess. me and my dad have no idea what the problem is with it. im am gonna replace the entire intake manifold on it and all the sensors like the knock sensors while i have the manifold off. so far i have replaced all 6 injectors, all 6 spark plugs, all 6 coil packs, a new ignitor for the coil packs, sifened out all the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, cleaned up all the grounds and cleaned up the MAF and it still runs bad.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
as of right now anything is a guess. me and my dad have no idea what the problem is with it. im am gonna replace the entire intake manifold on it and all the sensors like the knock sensors while i have the manifold off. so far i have replaced all 6 injectors, all 6 spark plugs, all 6 coil packs, a new ignitor for the coil packs, sifened out all the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, cleaned up all the grounds and cleaned up the MAF and it still runs bad.
ouch.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:50 PM

i only paid for the ignitor and gas
Old 05-11-2005, 05:23 AM

Have you checked your fuel pressure?
With the SVX's t-belt design, it is highly unlikely that it "jumped time", the SVX's system will generally stay in time till the belt breaks, so if the belt is intact, it's probably still in time.

And the fact that it runs, but poorly makes me think maybe a poor fuel supply, possiably a weak fuel pump?

Just some thoughts....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 05-11-2005, 06:48 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
With the SVX's t-belt design, it is highly unlikely that it "jumped time", the SVX's system will generally stay in time till the belt breaks, so if the belt is intact, it's probably still in time.

And the fact that it runs, but poorly makes me think maybe a poor fuel supply, possiably a weak fuel pump?

Just some thoughts....
That was what I was thinking.... I would check that Where exactly are ya located?? I wanna come and help, but I'm not sure where ya are and if I'd be able to because of location.... I am in Beaufort, SC (Near Savannah, GA)...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:

Just some thoughts....
My timing belt jumped once. Just floored it merging onto the freeway and bam. Felt like I was running on three cylinders. This was less than 1000 miles after I had it replaced by the dealer. They would not pay for it either

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-11-2005, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXer95
My timing belt jumped once. Just floored it merging onto the freeway and bam. Felt like I was running on three cylinders. This was less than 1000 miles after I had it replaced by the dealer. They would not pay for it either
Then it was likely a bad tensioner, not a bad belt....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 05-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Then it was likely a bad tensioner, not a bad belt....
Tensioner was replaced. Nothing else was replaced when I had the timing reset at a different dealership. Very strange. I suspect something wasn't fastened properly when the first stealership did the repair.

I don't know what is going on in this situation, just saying it IS possible for timing to jump.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebsy
Aug 2004. Got a job, so I had to go. Beats driving a school bus and making $9 an hour where I was...

Now I cross the border every day and work in a border city in Mexico at a large fiberglass products manufacturer. I live about as far south as you can go and not be in Mexico.

You know they still have R12 in Mexico? $8 a can..just smuggle it back with you, not that I would ever do such a thing...but just a thought for you vacationers w/ R12 SVXi
sweet man. guess i've been outta the loop. $8/can. hmm..can make a few bucks there.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
hmmm

wow, I'd love to make it down there and meet a bunch of you guys, but I'm coming from the opposite direction so caravaning is out, unless huck might be willing to meet up with me somewhere along the way in his XT. And I believe my SVX is virgin enough to make it worthy for sacrifice, but I would also like it to stay in one piece. I may also need some troubleshooting help, my gas mileage is attrocious, a mere 15-18 mpg, any ideas?? I don't have a job yet for the summer and beyond, so this trip is definately do-able.
And Stevebsy, I've been wanting to meet you as well, that is a fine looking bumper you have cranked out down there over the border. Any plans for a featherweight hood? or rear bumber cover?
anyway, back to subject at hand, yeah, any of you guys heading down from IN/IL/OH/KY/TN want to meet up, I'm in.
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
wow, I'd love to make it down there and meet a bunch of you guys, but I'm coming from the opposite direction so caravaning is out, unless huck might be willing to meet up with me somewhere along the way in his XT. And I believe my SVX is virgin enough to make it worthy for sacrifice, but I would also like it to stay in one piece. I may also need some troubleshooting help, my gas mileage is attrocious, a mere 15-18 mpg, any ideas?? I don't have a job yet for the summer and beyond, so this trip is definately do-able.
And Stevebsy, I've been wanting to meet you as well, that is a fine looking bumper you have cranked out down there over the border. Any plans for a featherweight hood? or rear bumber cover?
anyway, back to subject at hand, yeah, any of you guys heading down from IN/IL/OH/KY/TN want to meet up, I'm in.
You're welcome to caravan down with me, I hope to leave Friday morning, as I was thinking about getting in on the white water rafting....
Crash from Louisville followed me down for one meet....

As for you poor mileage, most likely culpret is the O2 sensors....not cheap....but not that high either as far as SVX stuff goes.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: