Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Wolfy
Lightbulb great idea for that middle grill piece...!!

ok this may turn out to be a little illegal, but its still a fun idea. okay, i was jumping around on youtube and i found this little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9mwGeDAxhk
so i started thinking, i see a lot of these new cars with mini backup cameras for safety. what if i could rig up the entire front grill piece with those infrared led's, or some sort of infrared projecting light source. maybe set up a night vision camera somewhere on my dash and complete it with a nice screen system from one of those universal reverse camera sets. it doesnt seem too complicated, i mean some sodering here and there and i may have to spend a pretty penny on the infrared lights, but think about it for a second. it would come to be extremely useful for those people who dont want to be seen while spying on their cheating gilfriends :P lol jk i really truly want to try this out using my spare gril piece. but i would like to know other peoples comments and ideas on the subject. as well as see if anybody knows if there is a larger infrared light source besides those tiny little led's?

i just wanna note that i do know that safety is the main thing when it comes to driving and having your headlights on at night is the law when driving on public roads. this is just a fun little project that is only for novelty use and to impress the ladies, nerds, and/or other subaru lovers
Old 09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: great idea for that middle grill piece...!!

Cool idea.

I've considered this for by center taillight piece for a backup camera. Removing the badging, and mounting it flush. My windows are dark and I can't see bubkiss out the back when I reverse. Up front would be fun to record auto-x, etc. I hadn't considered it till now.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.