Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Two Codes but no CEL?

Okay, just had a fun little experiment. I did a check on stored codes and got 11 and 37, Crank Angle 1 and O2 2. Now, O2 2 I understand fully, since a while back I bottomed out the car and those dang sensors are in a bad spot. The CEL came on back in NY for the O2, and nothing more. I was kinda expecting that.

But the 11 is baffling me. I'm getting absolutely no CEL. I haven't gotten a single CEL since the one back in NY for the O2 sensor. Yet clearing the codes and bringing the ECU back returns 11 and 37 every single time. I've noticed no truly strange behavior of the car... idles at 575, revs all right, doesn't randomly die, tachometer works...

How worried should I be about this Code 11? And why the heck didn't I get a CEL?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
The ECU must be reading an abnormal voltage reading, but not enough to throw a code for it?

Crank Angle would mess up starting.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
I really don't know what it could be. But I'll offer this advice.

"If it's not broke, don't fix it!"

So if its running well and everything, I would just leave it alone...

Take it for what it's worth, but it's what I would do.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Car starts, seems to be okay. So I'm guessing that the engine will run perfectly fine on one crank angle sensor? (since there's no code for the #2 crank angle sensor)

If the part were cheap I'd just replace it anyway. But $85-$100 is a tad pricey for something if I don't have to replace it right now...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
Okay, just had a fun little experiment. I did a check on stored codes and got 11 and 37, Crank Angle 1 and O2 2. Now, O2 2 I understand fully, since a while back I bottomed out the car and those dang sensors are in a bad spot. The CEL came on back in NY for the O2, and nothing more. I was kinda expecting that.

How worried should I be about this Code 11? And why the heck didn't I get a CEL?
Nomake, you should take into account that an intermittent, one off and not important fault/signal could have been recorded in memory. Relax and save your money unless as has been pointed out, it becomes permanently broke.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Driving in Style

Code 29

I've had a code 29 for over a month. code 29 is for the cam angle sensor #2, you are correct in believing that you only really need one, if you read the engine code description, code 29 states:

"No signal from crank angle sensor 2, but two signals from crank angle sensor 1."

This tells you that only one is needed for the car to run normally, the ECU takes and doubles the reading from the cam angle sensor that isn't throwing a code. I can only imagine that if #1 is out, it will use #2 exclusively.

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD