Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM

i think the color is nice except the painted rims gotta go.. As for the pinkish-purple interior... i just threw up a little in my mouth.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarusee

Is changing the color of a light panel even possible. Is there a way to bleed the original red and dye it amber. Just a thought that has me curious now.
No, you can't do that. The red is IN the plastic. You could very carefully make a mold of it using a special really accurate mold making material. It'd be a huge PITA. I say just leave it red, then photoshop it. :P
Old 08-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Judging by the grey dash peices, and the white needles on the speedo, I'd put my money on this being a 91' R&D Test mule car, as seen in the owners videos. Odds are, this is the only one that still exists (Though obviously in altered form) making it one of a kind of 1 of a kind...of a kind

Anyone else notice the lower purple leather part is falling off? I bet the mount for the bolt behind the coin holder broke

...And I take back the color match comments..It says on the PPG slip the name of the color used as "Concord Magenta Pearl" Im sure if you could order the paint directly from PPG, they'd have SOME kind of mix record with that color available. It wouldnt suprise me if they used it on something else as well...seeing as the pace car WAS advertising their paint, they'd likely WANT the color publicly available, just incase someone wanted it on their car
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 08-05-2007 at 09:51 PM.