How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Tirerack is having a closeout on Bridgestone S-03 tires. Great high performance summer tires. Too bad they do not come in the stock 225/50-16 size. But if you have non-stock wheels you might want to give them a look.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
I'm all for the Toyos... I have the FZ4s and their wearing evenly. They're quiet and grip very well. My next set will prob be a set of Toyo RE-1s or TR10s (I think thats what they think). BFG Sport-Max are also good price and are great tires.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14
Tirerack is having a closeout on Bridgestone S-03 tires. Great high performance summer tires. Too bad they do not come in the stock 225/50-16 size. But if you have non-stock wheels you might want to give them a look.
holy jesus..that's a great price for Bridgestone S-03's...i just bought the toyo's like 2 months ago.....seriously contemplating buying a set of 4 for that price.

it's like ~40% off.

kuhmo ecsta mx's are pretty good too...too damn bad their price went up like $30/tire since last i bought.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr
I just got my job transfer today! I will be driving 20 miles rather than 200 miles a day. This will extend the life of my SVX and give me more time to play with it.
I'm also looking for tires, the quietest ones available, any suggestions?
Dude, congrats. FWIW, you will no longer be seeing me at Home Depot after Wednesday - I also got a new job...I'm back in the white collar world, baby. (Back in a PR agency.) This can only mean a 5mt and a supercharger (as well as minor dent removal and a nice Nissan orange paint job) within the next 18 months.

As far as non-noisy tires, stay AWAY from Falken Ziex 512s. They handle wonderfully; grip the road like Velcro, and are great in the snow.

HOWEVER...they got noisy after only a couple thousand miles, and I went through my fronts in 14,000 miles. Sears would not honor the warranty, citing "uneven wear." Not being in a financial position to argue, I bought 2 new fronts.

When these wear out in another 10 months, I'll be buying Toyo Proxes 4s. I hear nothing but goodness about them.