Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:45 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
SVX in autoweek

http://msn.autoweek.nl/autotestrapport.php?id=540
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
the wheels are on backwards.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 10-20-2005, 11:54 PM

I would love to read that article....if I could read in German....
Old 10-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
I would love to read that article....if I could read in German....
LMAO!!!!!!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
It;s not german. German, I can understand. It's in Dutch.

thus .nl

http://www.freetranslation.com/free/web.asp

use that.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:03 AM
no limitation as limitation

Subaru SVX is an excellent ogende and sore complete sport compartment. The behavior of the boxer in the vooronder is promises on the highway wél less impressive then the agressive appearance. Even more than two year after the Dutch introduction the SVX an unknown quantity appeared. Subaru stands then also not known as a manufacturer of blitse sports cars. The model gamut of this in vierwielaangedreven cars specialized Japanese brand do not sees wound up from it marriage. Yet has the SVX a predecessor: the XT Turbo 4WD. Of these (also) little known automobile can be said that he a striking form data carriage work had. Only beautifully was otherwise. Then the present sports car hits form with its sturdy rounded off and its glass dome' a considerable better figure. Subaru has gotten by the design of the SVX everything from the cupboard. That begins already by the motor. In proportion till the previous strongest Subaru-power source, a 1994 cc four cylinders with turbocompressor of 147 kW (200 pk), offers the SVX two cylinders more. Under the hood, a real zescilinder lies. That is neat as the large four cylinders of the brand a boxermotor. The six-pitter has no turbo, but there stands opposite that he blessed is with a content of not less then 3319 cc. This quantity cc's is, combined with two ridges axes per cilinderrij and four flaps per cylinder, good for a fortune of 169 kW (230 pk). With that brings the 1610 kg weighing sports car it till a top of 235. Pull up of zero until hundred does he in 8.6 s. That its natural performances that seen may become. Only really, the SVX has not well just the space necessarily at its top speed to come and its acceleratietijd is, before a vehicle with a such fortune really particularly. A Honda Lent Compartment, for instance, walks 226 km/h and has for the sprint of zero to hundred 8.1 s necessarily.
No high kite in such a way does think the Subaru with its glass dome' perhaps of a beam hunter, it is thus no real high kite. The fact that this Subaru only with an automatic versnellingsbak is furnished wisest already in that direction. The real sports-loving motorist want to hold after all the handle, or actual, the acceleration ghost, in own hand. Yet has the vending machine well a sports-loving feature. He works namely standard with the 'Power'-schakelprogramma. The driver the 'Economy'-programma want to use, must then he a button on the choice handle of the vending machine impressions. In the 'Power'-stand, the SVX real well raft accelerates, but without even the suggestion of sportiviteit. That comes through the supple connecting, electronic steered four stair vending machine, but also because be in a position to and feature power of the zescilinder boxer gelijkmaktig increase. Also the vering has no sports-loving character. He is earlier comfortable then stiff, but again not so on comfort started that the vehicle in curves overhelt. With fast curves work, the Subaru SVX no problem has. Not in the last place thanks to the permanent four wheel drive. Do not scores the SVX thus on the point sportiviteit already too high, what equipment concerned let he scarcely something to wish over. The driver takes place behind a wheel that in the height èn in the length verstelbaar is. Further it can be moved also yet upwards the in and get off to make easier. After that takes in it again being old, through the driver adjusted, position. The seats in front sit excellent and give feel good indirect support, already they before at as armchairs then as a sport chair. The chair of the driver has not been expanded electric verstelbaar, but in the height. Also he is foresee of an adjusted bar loin-support. Both furrow chair its electric to heat. Standard has been covered the interior with alcantara. Electric verstelbaar are to serve the two country house mirror; also the zijruiten its electric and slide works the standard assembled/kanteldak also so. Both sun visors are foresee make of-upspiegeltjes with lighting. As mostly by compartments is the back seat not real good to use for the transporting of passengers. That have too little bone and head space. Nevertheless has Subaru for it seen to that the back seat good accessible is. The back of the back seat is eddy slap bar and offers knit therefore the possibility the trunk out to. With a content of its 250 liter offers the kofferbak of the SVX otherwise a furrow this type risk reasonable quantity place. Util ends may a number foresee, with which the Subaru SVX standards have been equipped, not unmentioned remain. We name: ABS, differential with gelimiteerde slip, air conditioning with temperature-institution, audiosysteem with CD-player, cruise control and electric antenna. A quite complete car thus, these top-Subaru. A vehicle that has to offer many already he is would expect less sportingly then you.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:05 AM
no limitation as limitation

did they call the svx a vending machine with an automatic versnellingsbak???

"there are two things i hate; people who are ignorant of other cultures... and the dutch"

Last edited by Matthewmongan; 10-21-2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
did they call the svx a vending machine with an automatic versnellingsbak???

"there are two things i hate; people who are ignorant of other cultures... and the dutch"

LMFAO.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Gotta love...

...the Pearlie SVX:

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
(a mixture of english, dutch and nonsense)
That's quite amusing to read. It reminds me of a Justy brochure that I picked up at the London motor show when I was a teenager. It had obviously been word for word translated from Japanese and it made no sense at all.

I guess they just found that pearlie photo on the net seeing as it's a US model and not a European one.

De wielen zijn op achteruit
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II