How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-17-2005, 08:36 PM
SnowPlow

help with getting tranny codes

I've tried to use the instructions on diagnosing the transmission, but I'm obviously not reading them right or they are worded, out of order.

My car stopped shifting into high gear, the shift from 2 - 3 is real hard and I'm reving to 5k going about 55-60mph. I was just going to trade it in this coming week now I'm scared they wont take it. I checked the fluid, its dark. I noticed alot of fluid on my exhaust near the cats. I changed fluid and added some stuff that is supposed to help shifting.

the instructions say to drive and warm up. then turn off and put trans in "D". I cant shift to "D" when ignition is off. So I try to turn off in "D" and go through the steps turning "manu" on and off as I shift down, then hit the gas pedal and the "POWER" light is supposed to blink, but it doesn't.

help me I don't get it.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
You can shift to D when the engine is off but you have to find the shift lock release. The 92's have a button you press but newer models only have a cover you have to remove then I think a screwdriver is required to unlock the shifter.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:38 PM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPlow
I've tried to use the instructions on diagnosing the transmission, but I'm obviously not reading them right or they are worded, out of order.

My car stopped shifting into high gear, the shift from 2 - 3 is real hard and I'm reving to 5k going about 55-60mph. I was just going to trade it in this coming week now I'm scared they wont take it. I checked the fluid, its dark. I noticed alot of fluid on my exhaust near the cats. I changed fluid and added some stuff that is supposed to help shifting.

If your "Power" light is not blinking 16 times at start up there will not be any codes for you to pull. Does the light blink at start up?

Dave