How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-02-2003, 09:53 PM
jiml

Finally! Plus Indy sighting

Finally took delivery of blk 92LSL this morning. Pretty nice car. All stock including floor mats. Needs good detailing but otherwise in good shape. I know the original owner,she gave me almost all maintenance records(scary) and two original brochures and various mag articles and a special Road & Track devoted to SVX.
The most bizarre thing happened while waiting for her to bring it to my house. I left to go to the bank an hour before she was supposed to be at my house. When I got to the end of my block to go south on 62nd st. in Broadripple,while I was waiting to turn-here comes another black SVX-I waived assuming it was her . It wasn't! I haven't seen another SVX besides hers in at least a year and I see one on my way to the bank to buy one.
Very odd. I felt more assured that it was meant to be.
I'll post more later,going to Brickyard 400 tomorrow,need to start packing cooler.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

62nd street

Hi Jimi, Doesn't 62nd street run east and west ? Take care, BOBB P/S Happy NASCARing.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Another recent "odd" sighting/happening.
Whilst on the way to look at what we thought would be an SVX parts car, Rufus (Mike) & I spot a parked black (opps, ebony) SVX with a FOR SALE sign at the end of a rural driveway. I make a U-turn to go back & eyeball it. The car's identical in appearance to mine. When I pull up next to it, there's no room to park without blocking the driveway, so I continue down the driveway looking for a place to turn around. I get within about 500 feet of the farmhouse that "owns" the SVX. I see people staring at me, & by now I'm thinking THEY think I done stole their baby & was too stupid to actually flee in the opposite direction. I now make my U-turn & haul-ass back to the beginning of the driveway. There I park & get out. Yes... The owner did hoof it up to where the "twin" SVXes were now standing. No...he wasn't carrying a shotgun. Whew! Nice fellow with a nice name. Ron.
The car is the '94 FWD with the all cloth interior that I liked. I gave him a Club Card & wished him well with the sale.

Rufus & I continued to the "parts car" address.

Rufus commits to buying the car & decides it's too nice to be stripped for parts.

We go back later in the week to do the transaction.

We drive it back to Mike's house.

The ebony '94 is still there, if anyone wants it.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:33 AM
jiml

Re: 62nd street

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobb
Hi Jimi, Doesn't 62nd street run east and west ? Take care, BOBB P/S Happy NASCARing.
Woops,yes it does,I was approaching it from the south
My directional skills leave a little to be desired-had to quit flying because of it! Heading out for rainy Brickyard