Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 04-25-2005, 11:42 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Its not required to remap the ecu when water injection is installed, but a remap will improve HP and fuel economy because the afr can be put right on top of the max power afr (vs running a bit on the rich side), and the timing can be advanced a bit. This is all relative to a boosted motor that's been highly tuned without water injection.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX
Yeah Mike
I mentioned the water injection idea a while ago, and you didnt really respond. I think its a good idea just because
of our heat and elevation in Az, so not sure if its for
everyone.
You think you would have to re-map a chip for it ?
I figured you could leave it alone, because someone
may be using it, you tell us.
Seriously, if I didnt have my Soarer, Id be all over this mod for an Svx. But the Soarer pretty much fills the craving of needing to go fast whenever I need it.
No, as I was saying you can do whatever hardware changes you want and they shoiuld be handled well.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:29 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
2 Months!! This thing has been in the planning stages for a year. 7 Months of development. I paid for mine at the end of August last year. I have been exstremly patient. I agreed to give ECUTune a little long even though the proto-type is done, because I know they will be losing money if they cant sell more. It's hard to give up $5000 for something and waiting this long for it. Everyone know it was coming and if you were serious about it you could have started saving up. I've managed to put away enough to pick up another SVX and do a manual conversion on it plus an extra $2000 saved up for some boby parts and eventually a paint job. I know some of you are in school and make less then me, but you could have put a little away each month.
Hey Mike,

I'm glad to have met you even though it was brief and only once. I already have some $$$ stashed away and I don't even own an SVX. I fell in love with yours. Remember me asking you about selling it? So, I'll wait a year or two....or three until you get tired of that 'boring' SVX with gobs of power. Then you can sell it to me. That's if I don't own a Forester XT by then.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 04-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Hey Mike,

I'm glad to have met you even though it was brief and only once. I already have some $$$ stashed away and I don't even own an SVX. I fell in love with yours. Remember me asking you about selling it? So, I'll wait a year or two....or three until you get tired of that 'boring' SVX with gobs of power. Then you can sell it to me. That's if I don't own a Forester XT by then.
You mine in about 5 years? After I finish building the SVX with the S/C EG33, 6-speed, custom paint w/ custom interior. By the time I'm done you'll be looking at 30 Grand for me to even consider selling. However I might sell a 92 with a 5-speed in about 2 or 3 years. I'm trying to finish it up for a daily driver right now.

(Sorry for the temparary highjack)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

We got any takers yet? I understand ECUTune only needs one more order and times running out.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
i just mailed out my intake and fuel rails today? does that count for anything?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
i just mailed out my intake and fuel rails today? does that count for anything?
Yes it does. Let us hope the others have been as prompt. I have a feeling they haven't. The 5th is coming up fast here and it takes time for things to ship. I guess I better write back the other people who asked about the deal for the manifolds and fuel rails and make sure they shipped them. I can't wait and hope they get here in time for fabrication. If they don't get them shipped the begining of the week they aren't going to get the deal. I'll have to order them from salvage yards. Amazing how people would rather let stuff rot in the garage than put it to good use. There are a lot of extra manifolds and fuel lines out there because they are non wear parts. They are essentially worthless because obody has any use for them except for me. Why is Tom the only one who has shipped yet?

Last edited by longassname; 05-01-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Its not required to remap the ecu when water injection is installed, but a remap will improve HP and fuel economy because the afr can be put right on top of the max power afr (vs running a bit on the rich side), and the timing can be advanced a bit. This is all relative to a boosted motor that's been highly tuned without water injection.
You keep assuming that I will be "highly tuning" the software on my car. I'm not doing that just like Subaru doesn't "highly tune" the software on each car that rolls off the assembly line. If I "highly tuned" the software on my car and then put it on someone elses car it wouldn't work. I propperly tune the software on my car so that it will work correctly on any SVX in any atmospheric condition.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:10 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Yep, I was thinking that you were going to tune more on the conservative side. If the Stage III sales get off the ground, it would be great if you could eventually have a ecutek-style service for people who want to make additional mods to their Stage III.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Maniac modifier

Hey, can I get that credit for stage II instead of stage I? I think that may be in my near future more than a stage III. 1/4 mile runs will soon blow up my transmision.

Tom
Old 05-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Just some dude.

We've received payment for one of the two promissed orders now.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Just some dude.

Sure, why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Hey, can I get that credit for stage II instead of stage I? I think that may be in my near future more than a stage III. 1/4 mile runs will soon blow up my transmision.

Tom
Old 05-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Maniac modifier

awsome, you can expect my order for that in about a week or 2

Tom
Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Have you gotten enough interest for the first run?

Last edited by mikecg; 05-04-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
awesome, who was the first to order? as in guinea pig? I'll be in if it proves itself well..seems like it will
Old 05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Just some dude.

Yes, assuming everyone who says they have money on the way really does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Have you gotten enough interest for the first run?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: