SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Why I despise rap music (warning, has bad language)

I don't hate it for the wrong reasons. Here are a few reasons why I hate most 'hip hop' and rap music (though I am digging jurassic 5, and I don't have anything against rapping (ltj bukem, G love and the special sauce, a few bt songs), but against the rap music culture, and most of the 'music'.

1. The 'image'. I hate the hip hop image. I hate seeings gangsta's dressed like they're in the ghetto driving around in exotic cars. I hate seeing them in mansions with thousands of skantily clad women. I hate seeing them with all gold teeth. I hate seeing them always trying to be badass, and never having fun. I hate seeing them constantly pissed off. Why? Because its bull****. Most rap fans are never going to be driving around a ferrari. Most rap fans are never going to have a mansion. Most people who listen to rap have rather ****ty cars, and live in ****ty places. Yes, there are a lot of exceptions. I'm positive that there are multi millioniares who listen to rap music. But I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the 'image' that rap videos portray, and reality. They do NOT coexist. The image is fake, mass produced, and mass consumed.

2. The constant reference to women as *****es. Women are not *****es, or ho's. They are people. I hate the fact that rappers belittle women. It's stupid. It's almost like a perpetual downward spiral of the lower class. Let's see... listen to rap music, get it ingrained in your head that women are *****es, and call your woman a *****. Have a kid with her, then when she's being *****y play the typical rapper move and ditch out on her. Now we have a single woman with a child (or more than one) with no husband. Great. F*cking awesome.

3. The lack of creativity. Ooooo yay a rap artist sampling someone else's song! Wow, it took a lot of talent! pffft. How about making up your own music, instead of resting on the shoulder of actual musicians.

4. The rappers who DO make their own music... it SUCKS. It's like a simple beat, with lotsa bass, and maybe some EXTREMELY simple piano notes that make it feel almost childish, even though the lyrics are full of '*****es, ho's nigga this, nigga that'

5. I hate white people who think they are black.

6. I hate black or white or pink or purple people who think they are thugz when they live in the suburbs.

7. I hate the role models that rappers portray. Gee... we have little children in the slums, and they wanna be just like Nelly or P-Diddy when they grow up. How inspiring. I bet you they'll all be on honor roll and go to school when they grow up too!

8. I hate rap fans who install huge subwoofers in their cars. There might be a small degree of them who have enough common sense to replace ALL the speakers in their cars, instead of just adding a sub, and they might have enough common sense not to blast their music and force everyone else to listen to it, but they must be few and far between. Again, it's the image thing. Sound quality? Who cares. We just want bass, and lots of it. I'm going to have a ****ty car, and install over $1500 of stereo equipment into it so it makes a HUGE 'booom ba boom boom booooooom ba boom boom' even though the rest of my speakers are distorting and sounding like ass and I have no high frequencies. AWESOME. F*cking morons.

9. I hate the lyrics. "*****, suck my dick! *****, get out the way! *****, back dat ass up! Nigger this! Nigger that!"
It's pathetic. Talk about LOW CLASS, and I'm not referring to financial status, I'm talking about the lack of any sort of class or respect. If you listen to lyrics like that, I do not respect you as a person.

10. Ever notice how an orchestra can make you feel? Ever notice how a lonely piano song can make you feel? Ever notice how dance music can make you feel? Ever notice how great music can make you feel? Exactly. Music affects our moods, and our lives. Listening to rap music? Pissed off, and I'm a thug, and 'don't f*ck wit' me ***** or I'll cap your ass'. Is this a healthy feeling? No.

I could keep going. I don't hate RAP music exactly, I hate GANGSTA rap. I hate GANGSTA rap fans. I hate GANGSTA rappers. I hate the GANGSTA rap lifestyle. I hate what it is doing, saying, and becoming. It's disgusting, and ... think of it this way: Let's say aliens came to our planet... do you think they'd be impressed if they heard rap albums? I don't. :| You know what? Most people aren't. So turn down your f*cking stereo if you're blasting rap music right now.

- Rob