View Poll Results: Should I
Keep paying on the car and try to fix 20 71.43%
Let the car get repo'd 4 14.29%
drive the car off a cliff 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2006, 01:02 PM

Unhappy TO keep or not to keep

Ok so some of you may know about the problems I have had with my car. Thats right problems. And even though I fix, and repair, replace and rebuild, the car is still trying to fall apart. I got the car a year ago for 5k a little spendy for a 92 LSL but I thought that was a good thing as the car seemed to work perfectly. Then about 2 months after I bought the car the front diff blew. Well the ring and pinion gears broke some teeth. I replaced them (after first paying someone, not on this site, and bieng stiffed, then I got some from SVXFILES) and the car ran great for another 2 months. Oh and also it took about 2 months to fix the car (mostly waiting). Then the water pump siezed up and the radiator cracked across the top. I replaced the Rad (used from chike) and I replaced the water pump, timing belt, and an idler pulley, as one had gone bad. Then the car ran good for another couple weeks. Until it snowed and I realized that I only had front wheel drive with an occaisional bump of power to the rear. I found that for some reason the duty solenoid wasnt opening to allow flow to my rear transfer clutch, witch is perfeclty fine by the way. I dont know why but the car seems to pull when I drive it, thought it was the wider tires but now I am not so sure. the car also seems to have electrical probs. the power light kept coming on and the CE light as well. When the power light came on It would STAY ON, Unless I floored the gas and let off really quick. Both O2 sensors showed up bieng bad at that time. So I replaced the TPS sensor, couldnt get it set right until I cleaned the butterfly valves so that they would close all the way. For about 2 weeks the car stopped having the CE and the power light. Then the CE came back on with the O2 sensors and the Knock sensor. About a week later the power light came back on. TPS is in correct position and the screws are tight. Now there are also some little things. the driver side auto seat belt doesnt go back until I jiggle the key in the ignition. The sun roof doesnt open until I push on it. The passenger side window wouldnt roll up from the driverside (recently it stopped all together) The cold air stopped blowing out of the dash even if Its on vent just the legs and the defrost work now. Well anyways on top of all that I owe 3500 dollars on my loan for the car. No one will buy it for that amount unless I told the biggest lie and said it was perfect and the person buying was a moron. So I need to know whether I should let the car be repo'd or if I should drive it into a tree and let the insurance pay it off? So basiclly if I should repo it or keep paying for it even though it just seems to get worse.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running