Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 07:27 AM
joe2rule

Hey Spear,

How much did the body work cost? Specifically the side skirts.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
it's not a matter of cost but a matter of trial, error and time. if I make molds and start making them, they won't cost more than $100 both...maybe less... really !! fiberglass is cheap in Lebanon

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:52 AM
joe2rule

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
it's not a matter of cost but a matter of trial, error and time. if I make molds and start making them, they won't cost more than $100 both...maybe less... really !! fiberglass is cheap in Lebanon

Now that you have made a set that fits the SVX, can you make more of the same or is it a one off type of setup?

Is shipping expensive? Do you get wherre I am going with this? ;-)
Old 11-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by joe2rule

Now that you have made a set that fits the SVX, can you make more of the same or is it a one off type of setup?

Is shipping expensive? Do you get wherre I am going with this? ;-)
I know a lot of shipping companies over here which can ship items abroad, I don't think it will cost a lot... I can make other sets, try them on my car to check out they fit well, but you have to make very few adjustments on them at a local fiberglass shop. I have removed in from my car the metal bumper beneath the plastic and made a lighter one where the black dots you see arer spoiler are sensor like bolts that go through it. so few adjustments should be made but it si worth it especailly when i finish up the front !!!! veeeeeeeeeery agressssssssssssive !!! so if you want a set I suggest you guys make a group buy so I can ship them all which lowers the cost... as you like...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:21 AM
joe2rule

That shouldn't be a problem but you would have to post much better pictures and instructions for installation.

I would also need a sense of how much you would charge and a range for the the shipping costs depending on how many where ordered. B-)
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
give me like a week or so, because I want to finish up the front.. and I want to make a "tour" at local fiberglass shops (i don't have the time necessary to make a lot of fiberglass kits) pick the best of them (really professional work) with the lowest prices, show them the kit and how much it would cost to make a similar one. then I will contact my shipping friends and get some quotes... in the meantime, If you are really interested guys in my kit, make an application thread, and I get back to you on wednesday (we have a three day holiday in Lebanon) so I can know the number. I will also post pictures of the kit, how I installed it on my car but give me little time !! goodbye and see you on wednesday...

Old 11-12-2004, 09:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:

come on man, my english ain't so baaaad, in fact I speak better than I write !!! I speak English, French and Arabic (with 5 different accents) fluently !!! don't make fun of me if I am not used very much to your American accent !!!
I'm not making fun... just stating that your post composition makes a bit more sense now that I know english isn't your native tongue. Speaking two languages is commendable in my book, let alone three!

Hook us up (hmm... I don't like using that slang) with some high quality pics of all your body work. I know, I know, allow you time. I'm just interested in seeing more. I kinda like it, however I'm not sure if I'd want it on my SVX, but some more/better pics will help me decide if I'm interested in some sort of group buy. Come to think of it, if you can make a mold (or send a copy for molding) and there is a high level of interest, it could be sent to Dayle (if interested) who could be a U.S. producer and supplier.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

I'm not making fun... just stating that your post composition makes a bit more sense now that I know english isn't your native tongue. Speaking two languages is commendable in my book, let alone three!

Hook us up (hmm... I don't like using that slang) with some high quality pics of all your body work. I know, I know, allow you time. I'm just interested in seeing more. I kinda like it, however I'm not sure if I'd want it on my SVX, but some more/better pics will help me decide if I'm interested in some sort of group buy. Come to think of it, if you can make a mold (or send a copy for molding) and there is a high level of interest, it could be sent to Dayle (if interested) who could be a U.S. producer and supplier.
If you were me, would you make a mold of your 2 yrs manufacturing kit and send it to another person????

Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:

If you were me, would you make a mold of your 2 yrs manufacturing kit and send it to another person????
Maybe, if it allowed others to to get the same look if desired... and I could make some money for it.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Maybe, if it allowed others to to get the same look if desired... and I could make some money for it.
I can allow others to get the same look, but selling the mold? I you were me, for what $ figure you would sell it ??? isn't it better if you sell spoilers as in group buy ???

Old 11-17-2004, 03:37 PM

Quote:
come on man, my english ain't so baaaad , in fact I speak better than I write !!!
Danny, one thing that would help your writing would be to stop adding extra letters in your words (such as the one now in bold face in your quote)

Back on track however, it might not hurt to inquire with people like Dayle about buying your mold, you might even be able to work out a deal on getting some $$$ out of each sale.

Also would like to know when we can expect to see pics of the finished front end??
Old 11-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr

Danny, one thing that would help your writing would be to stop adding extra letters in your words (such as the one now in bold face in your quote)

Back on track however, it might not hurt to inquire with people like Dayle about buying your mold, you might even be able to work out a deal on getting some $$$ out of each sale.

Also would like to know when we can expect to see pics of the finished front end??
ok, no more comments, now about my front end, I am calling the guy like each 5 days in order to ask about the beamlights, each time he says it is coming when in fact still not. he gave me as a final deadline the 25 th of this month. on the 25th, if I didn't receive the stuff, I will just buy covers and put them instead.

Selling the mold is out of the question, however I went to fiberglass professionals over here and ask them about making a mold and kits (I would have done them by myself but I don't have the time) We discussed the fiberglass quality (the best=pure fiberglass with no other composite included) and the best price offers. I will charge you $1500 for 30 kits (front, rear and side skirts) and $1300 for 50 kits. whereas for shipping, I can make a deal for a group buy to send them by sea (cost less but take some time), I guess shipping won't be more than $70 by kit, I still need to ask about it. if you are interested, pls start a thread making applications.

Old 11-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
so they are charging u 1500 for 30 kits and 1300 for 50 kits? are u sure ur not mixed up?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by tomssvx
so they are charging u 1500 for 30 kits and 1300 for 50 kits? are u sure ur not mixed up?
for 30 kits = 1500$/kit and for 50 kits = 1300$/kit

Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 AM
no limitation as limitation

well if its 1500 for 30 thats $50 a kit. thats the most inexpensive body kit ever made in the history of mass production. id buy one.